The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

documentary about genetically engineered foods

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

documentary about genetically engineered foods Empty
PostSubject: documentary about genetically engineered foods   documentary about genetically engineered foods I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 10:38 am

you euros are lucky that you fought and beat GMO foods years ago but it is still a fight in the US.

If you dont know about the dangers of GMO foods yet, please watch this very important documentary

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/09/15/genetic-roulette-gmo-documentary.aspx?e_cid=20120915_DNL_artNew_1
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: documentary about genetically engineered foods   documentary about genetically engineered foods I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 4:31 pm

Its very important information. I am very worried about the quality of our food. For example within 10 years colon related illnesses have sky rocketed.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: documentary about genetically engineered foods   documentary about genetically engineered foods I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 10:33 pm

I know, right? The gastro-ward in dutch hospitals is overflowing. I know so many people with food-allergies, IBS, etc. Whereas my parents' generation hardly ever dealt with stuff like that.

Michele-eventhough the euro-nations won the battle over non-GMO-foods; I still think there is a LOT wrong with our food that we don't know off.
There is more awareness, tho. and it's slowly gaining momentum. Despite the crisis; more people choose the organic option. Taxes have increased due to the cutbacks but, organic foodprices have gone down. Typical dutch mentality: "sick people are less productive than healthy people; Make them eat healthy stuff ". They only pretend to care :P. But it does work. Hope the US will make the same strides.

Out of curiosity: Michele, I know you oppose governmental "intrusion" on many issues(we discussed abortion, legal marriage for all, etc). Would you deem the GMO-thang important enough to support a federal ban on GMO or, would you say it's something that should be decided on state-level?
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: documentary about genetically engineered foods   documentary about genetically engineered foods I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 2:39 am

I think that all GMO food should be labeled and that leaves it up to the consumer to decide if they want to consume it or not and that everyone should be given the information on the risks. If some people still consume GMO food of their own choosing when given the option not to and given the information, that is on them.

In november it is up for vote in California. and they are saying if GMO labeling is passed in Cali, then the rest of the country would have to follow, mainly because it will be too expensive for food companies to label the foods just for california, that if they do it for california then they will just have to do it for food shipped all over the country, hopefully that is true and hopefully it will pass in California. I think most likely it will pass. Most californians are very health conscious

One of the promising things talked about in the movies was how gmo food cause all these health problems. However, they did all these studies on people who ate GMO food and got degenerative illnesses, then completely took them off GMO foods to see if their conditions improved. In all cases, the people in the study saw amazing turnarounds, some as quickly as only a couple of weeks! Showing that the damage is not permanent if you stop consuming GMO foods. That by simly stopping to eat them, you can completely reverse your health conditions. That is great news, because my thinking was that is causes permanent, unreversable DNA damage.

But it isnt just us we have to be concerned with. GMO food causes major problems with plants and animals and therefore affects our entire ecosystem
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: documentary about genetically engineered foods   documentary about genetically engineered foods I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 5:42 am

Great info, Michele!
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: documentary about genetically engineered foods   documentary about genetically engineered foods I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:20 am

Too many food manufacturers seem to deliberately mislead consumers. Something can be low fat and have a ton of sugar in it. Like diet soda.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: documentary about genetically engineered foods   documentary about genetically engineered foods I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 5:46 am

low fat or no fat food is a marketing scam. Low fat food is very unhealthy for you because like you said jane, it is loaded with sugar and/or artificial sweeteners! Even worse for you than fat! I never buy anything that is low or no fat.
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: documentary about genetically engineered foods   documentary about genetically engineered foods I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 2:57 am

beware aparthme and high fructose corn syrup!
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: documentary about genetically engineered foods   documentary about genetically engineered foods I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 3:10 am

aparthme? you mean aspartaam(dutch)? aspartame or, something?
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: documentary about genetically engineered foods   documentary about genetically engineered foods I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 5:02 am

yeah that!
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: documentary about genetically engineered foods   documentary about genetically engineered foods I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 5:19 am

Yep as a low carb enthuastic, no-fat and light-anythings are a definite no no for me. Cream and fat for me thank you very much documentary about genetically engineered foods 3753849508
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: documentary about genetically engineered foods   documentary about genetically engineered foods I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:18 am

fat and lard consumed in high quanities have been shown to stop epilectics from getting seizures!
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: documentary about genetically engineered foods   documentary about genetically engineered foods I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:18 am

Denovissimus wrote:
beware aparthme and high fructose corn syrup!

yup yup! and sorbitol and xylotol! Any artificial sweetener!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: documentary about genetically engineered foods   documentary about genetically engineered foods I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

documentary about genetically engineered foods
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Garden District :: 1239 First Street :: The double parlour-
Jump to: