The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Auntie Maine

10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans Empty
PostSubject: 10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans   10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:40 am

Tis the season and we all love New Orleans so I thought this would be fun to post.

10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans HermannGrimaHouse.xxlarge

The Hermann-Grima House in New Orleans's French Quarter is said to be alive with pleasant, friendly Southern ghosts. They've been known to scatter scented rose and lavender around the rooms and light the fireplaces to make it cozy. Built in 1831 for prosperous Creoles, it's now a museum and one of the most significant residences in New Orleans.
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: 10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans   10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:41 am

10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans MonteleoneHotel.xxlarge

The magnificent Beaux-Arts-style Hotel Monteleone in the French Quarter, famous for its rotating carousel piano bar, is haunted by former owners, staff, and guests. The spirit of a jazz singer is often heard singing in a room in the middle of the night. And the spirit of children who died there of yellow fever have been seen on the 14th floor
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: 10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans   10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:42 am

10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans Beauregard-keyes-house.xxlarge

The Beauregard-Keyes House is said to be haunted by its former owner, Confederate General P. G.T. Beauregard, and his troops with loud footsteps and apparitions of bloody soldiers in full military dress, as well as by a fiddle player making music
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: 10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans   10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:43 am

10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans Hotelprovincial.xxlarge

The Hotel Provincial, parts of which were once used as a Civil War Confederate hospital, is haunted with entities of medical staff and wounded soldiers reaching out for help and moaning. Hotel staff have seen blood stains appear and disappear on the sheets
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: 10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans   10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:43 am

10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans Lafitteguesthouse

The Lafitte Guest House is said to be haunted by the spirit of a baby who died there, and a girl who died of yellow fever, as well as her mother. The infant and mother have been heard crying, while the girl has appeared in the mirror of the room where she died and has talked to guests who are children
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: 10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans   10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:44 am

10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans Lepavilion.xxlarge

Le Pavilion Hotel is said to be one of the most haunted hotels in New Orleans. Most reported is the ghost of a teenage girl named Ada from the 1840s who was struck and killed by a carriage before she was set to board a ship with her family. She is often seen pacing in the lobby, and saying, "Pardon me, I am . . . very lost," before vanishing
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: 10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans   10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:45 am

10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans Oldabsinthehouse.xxlarge

The Old Absinthe House, whose 200-year-old bar is famous for its enchantment-inducing cocktails, is haunted by famous customers who used to party there, such as Voodoo Queen Marie Laveau, Andrew Jackson, and Jean Lafitte. Bottles, glasses, and chairs have been seen moving around the bar and doors opening and closing on their own.
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: 10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans   10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:48 am

The Columns Hotel, the former home of tobacco merchant Simon Hernsheim, is said to be haunted by a woman in a white gown who floats around the ballroom and garden, a girl who visits the third floor balcony, and a disembodied Southern gentlemen who checks in on guests10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans The-columns-hotel.xxlarge
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: 10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans   10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:48 am

10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans New-orleans-laveau-82.xxlarge

Voodoo queen Marie Laveau lived on this site between 1839 and 1895. With her followers, her spirit is said to still conduct wild voodoo ceremonies there. And she's been seen walking on the street in her signature dress and tignon scarf.
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: 10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans   10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:49 am

10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans 236def93db7b5928_lafitte_s.xxlarge

Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop is now a French Quarter bar, but built in the late 1700s, it's one of the few remaining examples of French architecture. Jean Lafitte himself is said to haunt his former blacksmith shop and smuggling headquarters, with a watchful eye over the fireplace, where he stored his personal supply of gold.
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: 10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans   10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 9:31 am

Makes me want to go back! We did a ghost tour in New Orleans and went to Laffitte's Blacksmith shop.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: 10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans   10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 3:34 am

Absolutely gorgeous! The last house could easily be on a french street. Love it.
If I had to pick; I'd choose the house with the friendly-gosts:P Although, the Beauregard-house is my favourite... It could use a lick of paint.
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: 10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans   10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 1:30 pm

Wonderful Dan! How I long to go there again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans   10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

10 Haunted Houses in New Orleans
Page 1 of 1