The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Random Questions Returns III

Go down 
+6
alondrianyx
LadyMandingo
sassycatj
darkeyes80
Taman
Judge Jane
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Taman

Taman

Random Questions Returns III - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 4:40 am

Animals are legally considered as things, where as humans are she and he. That's it basically.

I would allow euthanasia, I don't see any problems with it.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 4:49 am

no I dont think that is it. People love animals just as much as other people. We cant bear to see animals suffer when they get terminally ill and people say it is inhumane to keep your animal suffering and not put them down, but it is the opposite for people,

Doesnt make any sense to me
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 4:53 am

It is. As much as we claim to love animals, at the end of the day, we eat and abuse them. We don't consider them as important as humans. Religion (monotheistic) can be blamed for much of it. Its a okay to kill an animal in any case, but never a human. Not that we do not kill each other as well.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 5:21 am

but to me it seems like we think of people as LESS important, because we wont help them die when they are suffering so badly on their death bed for months and months, but we dont hesitate to ease our pets pain. And we dont hesitate to kill innocent people in war either. To me it seems like a lot of people consider animals more important.

I have just as much love and empathy for animals as I do for people
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 6:07 am

We see humans as special, more important. We have souls, animals do not (many believe this). It is more acceptable to end an soulless life... no one is going to punish us for it.

One could say that animals have a right to die but rather its that human life has value and thus cannot be taken.

Back to top Go down
sassycatj

sassycatj

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 12:57 pm

i think its all about being sued to kill a human if they want to be dead. its immoral to some I guess. Religion is still prominent in laws. I think it should be allowed. if I was suffering I would like that as an option.
My cousins dad offed himself by jumping off a building because he was in so much medical pain.
It could have been alot less bloody if he would have been put to sleep
Back to top Go down
sassycatj

sassycatj

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 1:45 am

Who here believes Tim Tebow is a virgin? lol he either is or a mega dork.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 12:42 pm

Im sure he is a christian waiting to be married to pop his cherry. He seems like that extreme type lol
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 6:50 am

I bet he digs oral and considers himself a virgin still despite hundreds of bj's!
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 5:28 pm

"Needs of the many outweigh needs of the few". Agree?
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 4:25 am

I dont know, depends on what you are talking about I guess
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 4:26 am

sounds like the slogan for communism!!!!! lol except in communism they end up not taking care of anyone's needs for freedom and individualism, which is everything!
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 4:52 am

Very Happy You and communism.

Actually that quote is from Star Trek. Spock said it! Random Questions Returns III - Page 8 2271603068 However the actual idea was introduced by British philosopher Jeremy Bentham. He though that "It is the greatest good to the greatest number of people which is the measure of right and wrong."

There is of course a problem with this thought. As you said, its sounds bit like communism. What happens to individual rights, if we always follow the masses? But back in the day, the masses had no rights. Nowadays (in western countries) you have the basic rights. But now there is a demand for more individualistic rights. Or minority rights. Sometimes I wonder where this "me, me, me" will lead us. Nothing will ever change the fact that we belong in packs, though we run towards single pack societies.
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 6:58 am

Individualism is all good as long as you are a winner not a loser in society.

How much choice too we have in this? We get sick, we can't work but our country won't take care of us because we are a burden on resources. Is this right?
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 6:13 am

I believe when everyone has their individual freedom and liberty then that automatically makes you all equal while having your individuality to live your life as you choose. This in turn leads to happier more fullfilling life which then NATURALLY leads people to have and interact more in a compassionate, communal way. To have the freedom to help others on your own, in your own way, when you want leads to more love and compassion and generousity for others who need help, which leads to a stronger community and better more effective helping of others when they need it and better role models for future generations.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 6:48 am

Free education and health care lead to true freedom.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 7:10 am

there will never be truly free healthcare in the united states, not in a country that is completely corrupted. It cant happen. However a truly free market healthcare system sig lowers the price of healthcare, and gives you complete freedom of choice and increases competition between doctors and healthcare providers, which decreases the price significantly while increasing the level of care significantly while at the same time allows many doctors to treat the poor for free with the same high level of care. I would take that anyday over government run healthcare. We had a truly free market healtcare system 50+ years ago but it is unlikely that we will ever get back to that anytime soon, if ever.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 6:38 pm

I have a better health care because of my employee. Loads of people have that in Finland. For others there is a free health care. The problem is that there is a huge wave of right wing thinking people that only care about themselves. It used to be about 'us', now it is only about 'me, me, me' and it frightens me. I fear we are falling towards the US system and frankly that sucks donkey cock.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:28 am

I am not only thinking about myself, I dont believe in the gov telling me how I should be treated for anything medical, having access to my records, and worst of all, there would be so much bureucracy in a gov run healthcare system that will cause a very poor standard of service and care, which some may think is better than nothing if you cant afford it, but I dont think so.

If doctors are allowed to compete for your business in a completely free market, that would make them lower prices while increasing quality of care, which will allow more money directly in their pockets, and much less stress not having to deal with the constraints of gov or hmos telling them what they can and cant do and not always paying them as they should either. And many doctors would be more willing to give that same great quality of care to the poor for free or very little charge. Employers can set up medical savings accounts for their employees, much like retirement accounts, which instead of offering medical insurance, both the employer and the employee put money into the account each month and whenever the person needs any kind of medical treatment (whether conventional or holistic, etc) the employee can use the money from that account to seek out whatever medical service and doctor they feel is best for them. To me, that is ideal, it is also the most simplistic, but it will never happen. Simply a pipe dream. *sighs*
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 8:12 am

Shame our government are quietly trying to privatise our NHS.

Our system isn't perfect but it does work, I think so anyway.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 7:08 pm

So you guys too? Its all going to hell.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 7:12 pm

Quote :
I am not only thinking about myself,

I just noticed this. Michele I did not blame you for being selfish, but our own people. Who are now turning towards the system.. its so easy when you have money and health. It saddens me greatly that we no longer care about building and maintaining a system that does not leave a person behind.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 2:00 am

well I have health, but not money. lol. And even though I dont have money I still dont want a government healthcare.

In the next few months though I def want to go to a holistic doctor and get everything checked out, to really see how healthy I am (or not) and see where I need to make improvements in what I am currently doing for my health. It will cost me a good chunk of change but it will be worth it, especially to go to a holistic doctor who knows how to look at your entire system and knows how to identify and cure the core root of any problems
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 1:37 am

We're going towards a more "US"-style,as well. It all comes down to cutbacks. There simply isn't enough money. But then again; the dutch had a VERY good deal when it came to free healthcare. actually; compared to countries with similar systems:we had it WAAAY too good. We have been spoiled rotten. We will never adopt the US-system, I'm sure. But we have to come to terms with the fact that healthcare went from "free" to "affordable".

Michele- I'm not sure if a total free market will result in lower prices.There has to be some regulation to ensure access to care for everybody. an example:in the Netherlands,Dental care was completely on the free market for a year, as a test. Dentist were now, free to charge whatever. The desired outcome would be a healthy competition between dentists,resulting in competitive rates. What actually happened:the prices went up. Dentists realised that it did'nt matter how much they charged:they will always be needed, people will pay,especially when their teeth are rotting out of their mouths. There was an increase in people choosing not to be treated because it became too expensive. and an increase of people getting treated and getting into debt. and since unhealthy people cost more than healthy ones; The government stepped in and the majority of the 2nd Chamber(Congress)voted in favour of the old system. Now;people are going to the dentist again, without getting into debt.

The thing is that my government is SO different from yours. To me the US government is considered as an authority by it's civillians. "They" tell people what to do a-the less involvement,the better.
In most social-democratic nations, the government is considered to be a group of chosen people,in service of the people who picked them. The more they're involved; the better. they're able to take everybody's needs into consideration(well..they try and sometimes they overdo it).This has resulted in many political parties(as opposed to 2 in the US). It does make them more accountable and forces them to be moderate in their viewpoints. The downpoint is that, a system like that is more prone to disbanding. If the political parties can't come to an agreement; they wont be able to serve the people and will be forced to resign and new elections begin. Our government has fallen 3 times in 8 years.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 5:20 am

Rodney you are right your gov works well when it comes to healthcare because that system I am assuming was put into place many many decades ago when the gov was not corrupt. When you have an uncorrupt government that is truly working FOR the people as it is supposed to, things can be done right with the right intentions.

The US gov has been corrupt for 100 years now. Trying to instill a "universal healthcare" with a corrupt gov who does not have the people;s interest in mind at all but only try to pretend to, will never have a good outcome of a truly free and great healthcare system.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Questions Returns III
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Garden District :: 1239 First Street :: The double parlour-
Jump to: