The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Random Questions Returns III

Go down 
+6
alondrianyx
LadyMandingo
sassycatj
darkeyes80
Taman
Judge Jane
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

Random Questions Returns III - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 9:22 pm

Dutch people tend to keep their shoes on. But having been brought up in a Surinam-household; SHOES ARE A BIG NO-NO! Always ask if you need to remove your shoes when entering a surinam-household. They won't force you but, will hold it against you if you don't even bother to ask if one should remove their shoes. Out of respect to the people who keep their floors clean! But, some overdo it. Surinam people are known to be clean-freaks.

I don't wear shoes indoors. But, I don't ask guests to remove theirs.
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 1:20 am

No shoes in my house! My dad sometimes keeps his on though and it drives me crazy cos I have to clean up mud sometimes then!

But....i hardly ever take mine off in a clients house, really need to start asking them if they want me to....sometimes though it feels more hygienic to keep them on!
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 1:58 am

*hands on hip and getting all "carribean"* You BETTER start asking! especially when you walk into a house where you can SEE a clean floor! mmm-hm!
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 4:34 am

Very Happy

I just love little cultural/local differences like that. I can understand wanting to keep shoes on some occasions like with Jane.. possibly going to a not so clean house. But wearing shoes in your home.. its like wearing a jacket all the time. It does not seem very relaxed. I know there are indoor shoes but still..
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 7:18 am

I have some slippers I wear sometimes if it's cold, they're like boots but pink and fluffy!
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 3:42 pm

We wear thicker socks. The floors are still ridiculously cold though the apartment itself is warm.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 7:39 pm

I think asking is always good.Most people wont mind that much. and most of the time, people say nothing and wait for the guest to leave. and then they start complaining and mopping:P

I honestly, don't mind if you keep your shoes on(wipe your feet tho; I'm sure your mother has taught you manners-I don't need to remind you) but, you do get extra bonuspoints for asking.

Sometimes you walk into a house and eventhough it's super duper clean and there's carpet; the people living in it, still walk around in shoes! HOW do they keep their carpet clean? I hate those people. They make me feel inadequate.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 8:59 pm

Got this off Facebook. what do y'all think?

ARE YOU WITH THE RIGHT PARTNER

During a seminar, a woman asked," How do I know if I am with the right person?"

The author then noticed that there was a large man sitting next to her so he said, "It depends. Is that your partner?" In all seriousness, she answered "How do you know?" Let me answer this question because the chances are good that it's weighing on your mind
replied the author.

Here's the answer.

Every relationship has a cycle… In the beginning; you
fall in love with your partner. You anticipate their calls,
want their touch, and like their idiosyncrasies. Falling in love wasn't hard. In fact, it was a completely natural and spontaneous experience. You didn't have to DO anything. That's why it's called "falling" in love.
People in love sometimes say, "I was swept of my feet."Picture the expression. It implies that you were just standing there; doing nothing, and then something happened TO YOU.
Falling in love is a passive and spontaneous experience. But after a few months or years of being together, the euphoria of love fades. It's a natural cycle of EVERY relationship.
Slowly but surely, phone calls become a bother (if they come at all), touch is not always welcome (when it happens), and your spouse's idiosyncrasies, instead of being cute, drive you nuts. The symptoms of this stage vary with every relationship; you will notice a dramatic difference between the initial stage when you were in love and a much duller or even angry subsequent stage.At this point, you and/or your partner might start asking, "Am I with the right person?" And as you reflect on the euphoria of the love you once had, youmay begin to desire that experience with someoneelse. This is when relationships breakdown.

The key to succeeding in a relationship is not finding the right person; it's learning to love the person you found.People blame their partners for their unhappiness and look outside for fulfillment. Extramarital fulfillment comes in all shapes and sizes.
Infidelity is the most common. But sometimes people turn to work, a hobby, friendship, excessive TV, or abusive substances. But the answer to this dilemma does NOT lie outside your relationship. It lies within it.

I'm not saying that you couldn't fall in love with someone else. You could. And TEMPORARILY you'd feel better. But you'd be in the same situation a few years later.

Because (listen carefully to this):

The key to succeeding in a Relationship is not finding the right person; it's learning to love the Person you found.SUSTAINING love is not a passive or spontaneous experience. You have to work on it day in and day out. It takes time, effort, and energy. And most importantly, it demands WISDOM. You have to know WHAT TO DO to make it work. Make no mistake about it.

Love is NOT a mystery. There are specific things you can do (with or without your partner), Just as there are physical laws Of the universe (such as gravity), there are also laws for relationships. If you know how to apply these laws, the results are predictable.

Love is therefore a "decision". Not just a feeling.

Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 3:51 pm

Well yes, that's how I feel about the matter. Sadly I can never get pass the irritation. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sassycatj

sassycatj

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 2:51 am

God this topic is a tough one. Im no one to talk.

Ya know how people go through 'mid life crisis" ? I wonder if Im a bit early with this one and maybe I was always a bit stifled concerning my life. Maybe its an excuse. Ive come a looong way from condemning others for stuff like this. Guess cause the shoe is on the other foot. I feel like a hypocrite.

Ya think everyone on the planet goes through this?
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 4:05 pm

Or you just are living the life you never had the time or possibility to live before. That's not always crisis, it just happens.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 9:55 am

Quote :
Ya think everyone on the planet goes through this?

Yes; it's part of growing up. It never stops.
Back to top Go down
sassycatj

sassycatj

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 4:58 am

do you have any traits or lil things you do that relatives do?

Lol saw my aunt I havent seen in a long time and she was talking about her milky way cravings and I told her about my Snickers thing Im going through now. I told her I eat all the chocolate off of it than eat the rest. SHE DOES THE SAME THING! Rick always thought I was weird for doing that. It makes the candy last a bit longer and I like the innards better. She said the same thing. Nobody else I know does that to candy bars.
Back to top Go down
KayL

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 12:23 am

It's weird how we pick up habits from relatives. I think it's some sort of genetic memory sometimes, especially if you have picked up habits from a relative you have never met. For instance if a relative had died prior to you being born.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 2:18 am

I haven't noticed but I do share some gestures with my mom. That much is obvious.
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 5:25 am

I am a unique being unto myself with no inheirtable human traits! Random Questions Returns III - Page 10 1002320772
Back to top Go down
alondrianyx

alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 6:20 am

Craig does the outside of the chocolate bar thing. Theo sighs like my dad, i mean, its not a normal sigh, its a im pissed off n bored so ill not hide how pissed n bored i am.
Back to top Go down
sassycatj

sassycatj

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 5:54 am

good lord. had lunch with my bro today and he is soo like me but a guy. the older i get the more i notice the similarities. kinda weird.
Back to top Go down
alondrianyx

alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 5:55 am

If you could erase a bad memory would you do it?
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 8:34 pm

Not really....bad things are for us to learn and grow from. If something happened to me I want to know about it.

Are arguments healthy in a relationship? I'm not used to having disagreements....but that's because we bottled everything up in my other relationship. Now if something bugs my new guy, he'll let rip at me. And I think maybe this is a good thing, we'll argue with the same passion we'll love each other. I think he's fiery by nature which is the total opposite of me.... But I won't back down if I think I'm right. I'm hoping this is normal and healthy .....
Back to top Go down
alondrianyx

alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:02 pm

I think it is, craig and i never argue, we have come close but end up laughing at each other after a minute. I read lots of times on facebook where couples have had arguements and been fine five minutes later.

I think as long as it is not one sided and there is give and take its ok
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 2:26 am

Judge Jane wrote:
Not really....bad things are for us to learn and grow from. If something happened to me I want to know about it.

Are arguments healthy in a relationship? I'm not used to having disagreements....but that's because we bottled everything up in my other relationship. Now if something bugs my new guy, he'll let rip at me. And I think maybe this is a good thing, we'll argue with the same passion we'll love each other. I think he's fiery by nature which is the total opposite of me.... But I won't back down if I think I'm right. I'm hoping this is normal and healthy .....

you're his simpering slave!!
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 6:49 pm

We're not arguing much anymore!!
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 3:38 am

you used to argue that much?!
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 9:16 pm

No not really, but he would get upset with me about stuff.....I think we were adjusting to each other still
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Questions Returns III
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Garden District :: 1239 First Street :: The double parlour-
Jump to: