The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Highly Sensitive Men

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

Highly Sensitive Men Empty
PostSubject: Highly Sensitive Men   Highly Sensitive Men I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 10:39 pm

I was allerted to this by my twitter feed.

Please read and tell me what you think.

http://rickbelden.com/blog/2012/11/16/i-am-a-highly-sensitive-man/

It makes me think I am quite a sensitive person myself, I'm often right about how other people are feeling and in a social situation I'm always working twice as hard trying to figure the other person out. I do this in my job too which is good because I need to know where people are coming from. I'm going to print this off and share it with some of my clients who feel they can't talk about feelings because it's not manly. There are many of these.

I'm wondering if you think there is a link between sensitivity and being gay? I know I'm stereotyping which doesn't sit easy with me but I see a lot of Nicky in this article.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Highly Sensitive Men   Highly Sensitive Men I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 12:36 am

“You need to stop being so sensitive. I’m not judging you, but sometimes I just want to shake you and tell you to get over it.”

I am the one that says that. Very Happy I have dated guys like that and it gets annoying. Both ways naturally.
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Highly Sensitive Men   Highly Sensitive Men I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 12:46 am

Would you say the same to a female friend Anne?
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Highly Sensitive Men   Highly Sensitive Men I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 1:11 am

what do you see of me in that article?!
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Highly Sensitive Men   Highly Sensitive Men I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 2:45 am

That you seem to experience emotions very strongly, be it sadness, happiness, anger, excitement, frustration. Things affect you deeply. You also take in a lot more detail than most people, it's what makes you a good writer.

Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Highly Sensitive Men   Highly Sensitive Men I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 4:25 am

Quote :
I'm wondering if you think there is a link between sensitivity and being gay? I know I'm stereotyping which doesn't sit easy with me but I see a lot of Nicky in this article
I've wondered about that, myself
I think it kinda depends on what kind of environment you grow up in?. i hid my sexuality for a long time, so I had a lot of time to get in touch with my own "self",all by myself. That alone gets you VERY aware of your own emotions.Going through the discovery of ones sexuality and eventual coming out is a very emotional turbulant time, as it is.
Socially, gay men are allowed to be more in touch with their feelings. Because let's face it: In the eyes of straight guys, we'll always be effeminate boys. so we're allowed to do so and nobody frowns at it. When it comes to straight men; it's a different story. I know very few staright men who are "free" enough to feel okay with being open about emotions. They would'nt want to come across as girly/weak/gay
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Highly Sensitive Men   Highly Sensitive Men I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 5:16 am

Quote :
Would you say the same to a female friend Anne?

Yeah. And I have. Luckily my gal pals are pretty cool. They rely much more on reason than feelings.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Highly Sensitive Men   Highly Sensitive Men I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 5:23 am

I see in black and whites.. I tend not to break things into smaller parts and wonder why they are. For me things just make sense or do not. I do not feel like explaining myself... if I say for example that I like someone or do not like someone, that is that. No soul searching necessary. I get frustrated with people who are constantly questioning and breaking things apart. I do ask questions myself (as some of you well know) but in bigger packages... can't explain it better.
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Highly Sensitive Men   Highly Sensitive Men I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 7:02 am

You ask larger questions perhaps rather than, as you may see it, wasting time on trivialities? I do understand that and it is a healthy way to be. I just would find it really difficult not to question things or break things down.

I had to identify my learning style in year 1 of my study a few years ago. If you google Honey and Mumford learning styles you'll see what I'm talking about. I am a reflector/theorist. Anne you sound like an activist/pragmatist. It's not an exact science but people really do differ in all sorts of ways.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Highly Sensitive Men   Highly Sensitive Men I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 4:41 pm

I'll check that out, Jane!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Highly Sensitive Men   Highly Sensitive Men I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Highly Sensitive Men
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Garden District :: 1239 First Street :: The double parlour-
Jump to: