The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Where are your ancestors from..

Go down 
+7
sassycatj
Auntie Maine
LadyMandingo
darkeyes80
Denovissimus
Nicky Mayfair
Taman
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Taman

Taman

Where are your ancestors from.. Empty
PostSubject: Where are your ancestors from..   Where are your ancestors from.. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:44 am

I found about this: https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/about/

It would be very cool to determine ancestor lines but damn its expensive. And that does not even include 20 euros in postage BOTH WAYS. Grr.

Have any of your guys done this?
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Where are your ancestors from..   Where are your ancestors from.. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 4:46 am

I think on my dad's side we're British going back generations, but my mum's mum is Irish, so on her side it's all Irish as well
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Where are your ancestors from..   Where are your ancestors from.. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 5:09 am

These go back further... you know from start (Africa) to finish Where are your ancestors from.. 3753849508
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Where are your ancestors from..   Where are your ancestors from.. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 7:02 am

Where are your ancestors from.. 37936522

Where are your ancestors from.. 3175334217
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Where are your ancestors from..   Where are your ancestors from.. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 7:10 am

lol@Jesse

I would love that!I've seen tv-shows where they do that stuff. I'm such weird mix of everything. I wonder who the "root" was.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Where are your ancestors from..   Where are your ancestors from.. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 2:20 am

well we all started from africa so essentially, we are all related!!! And we are all "black" lol

my family is vast majority irish and scottish decent. completely irish on my maternal grandmothers side, though my maternal grandfather has english roots. On my dad's side, mostly irish and some scottish. Also a tiny bit of german mixed in.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Where are your ancestors from..   Where are your ancestors from.. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 4:08 am

We're all Africans!

My family is of west-african,german,norwegian,native american,chinese,indian and dutch descent.:P
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Where are your ancestors from..   Where are your ancestors from.. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 5:19 am

why are we all Africans?
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Where are your ancestors from..   Where are your ancestors from.. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 5:25 am

Its all in the dna. We can be traced to a single man and woman in our history :) Its really interesting.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Where are your ancestors from..   Where are your ancestors from.. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 9:01 am

yeah but how does DNA exist that far back?!
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Where are your ancestors from..   Where are your ancestors from.. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 2:17 pm

through fossils
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Where are your ancestors from..   Where are your ancestors from.. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 6:12 pm

There are certain genetic markers in the dna. They get passed unchanged from mother to child and also from father to son. When you collect enough of these, you find lines and can connect the dots.

Quote :
Different populations carry distinct genetic markers. Following the markers through the generations reveals a genetic tree on which today’s many diverse branches can be followed backwards to their common African root.
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Where are your ancestors from..   Where are your ancestors from.. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:13 am

English-Irish-Scotch-Cherokee
Back to top Go down
sassycatj

sassycatj

PostSubject: Re: Where are your ancestors from..   Where are your ancestors from.. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 6:44 pm

spanish,irish, yaqui indian and mexican I reckon. Im a effing mutt.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Where are your ancestors from..   Where are your ancestors from.. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 9:44 pm

We are all mutts and mutations actually. Women even more than the men because during history, we have moved more. lol
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Where are your ancestors from..   Where are your ancestors from.. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 8:55 am

women have moved more than men?
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Where are your ancestors from..   Where are your ancestors from.. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 6:13 am

In old times (or some cultures even today) women moved in with the man (other village etc), not the other way around.
Back to top Go down
Odensson

PostSubject: Re: Where are your ancestors from..   Where are your ancestors from.. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 11:05 am

I'm austrian, german, danish, english, and scotish
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: Where are your ancestors from..   Where are your ancestors from.. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 3:13 am

Irish, Scottish, Welsh, White Russian and they say, a touch of Spanish thrown in. Funny thing is, I found a picture of my great grandmother and boy did she ever look Spanish! She was born in Wales but I actually wonder if she wasn't actually part African. She deffo looks Moorish. She has very curly hair, quite dark skin, big black eyes and full lips. I should scan and post a picture of her. Just think, perhaps if she is black, I can start taking advantage of Affirmative Action legislation!! Where are your ancestors from.. 3283625776
Back to top Go down
alondrianyx

alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: Where are your ancestors from..   Where are your ancestors from.. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 5:01 am

Sheila, there are a lot of welsh people that have spanish ancestors, my best friend growing up, you would have sworn her granparents were spanish but they were welsh going a long way back

Theres a two part programme starting tonight where eddie izzard has this done
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: Where are your ancestors from..   Where are your ancestors from.. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 6:17 pm

I think The Spanish Armada crashed on the coast and mingled with the locals. I think that's why a lot of Welsh have that darkness to them...just a little something different from other Celts. I can't put my finger on it but I always recognize it when I see it.
Back to top Go down
alondrianyx

alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: Where are your ancestors from..   Where are your ancestors from.. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 6:43 pm

Thats it. I just couldnt think of it when i posted lol
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Where are your ancestors from..   Where are your ancestors from.. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 7:29 pm

When I lived in the UK< I always wondered why the Welsh are generally so much darker than other brits. Look at Catherine Zeta Jones. Or, even Charlotte Church(ADORE her-for all the opera she sang;she's still a commoner :P)eventhough she's a blonde. They all look like they tan a lot during the summer Aled and Steve Jones, Ioan Gryffud, Gavin Henson.those Wesh contestants on Big Brother...Glynn and Imogen..they had a dark tone to their skin.Dark features,too sexy

I adore the Welsh accent it sounds so cute! "Hellooo my name iiiis Mike POWiiiisss. And whn I heard Welsh for the first time I was like. This sounds like nothing I have heard before.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Where are your ancestors from..   Where are your ancestors from.. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 7:31 pm

Mutts rule! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Where are your ancestors from..   Where are your ancestors from.. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 8:57 pm

We do.....I think I'm the muttiest of you all! MuahHhahahahahaaaaa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where are your ancestors from..   Where are your ancestors from.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where are your ancestors from..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Garden District :: 1239 First Street :: The double parlour-
Jump to: