The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Game of Thrones 3

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Taman

Taman

Game of Thrones 3 Empty
PostSubject: Game of Thrones 3   Game of Thrones 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 8:21 pm

So what did you guys think of the first episode?
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

Game of Thrones 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones 3   Game of Thrones 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 1:33 am

I'm so happy its back! Game of Thrones 3 519941289

Tywin being a complete bastard father to Tyrion made me so sad for the little man.

I liked the banter at the dinner table with Margaery/Loras and Cercei/Joffrey, you can tell Cercei does not like Margaery and all she represents.

I was excited to see a giant in the Wilding camp.

Pleased with the reappearance of the Selmy Barriston character, pledging his support to Danaerys and am giddy that soon she'll get that Unsullied army and my favorite scene from book three with her will come to life!

I really just loved it all and am probably going to rewatch it later, lol
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

Game of Thrones 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones 3   Game of Thrones 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 5:01 am

lol!

I am sure I would get more out of it, if I'd read the books but I just don't have the time for it right now.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

Game of Thrones 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones 3   Game of Thrones 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 8:04 pm

I just brought season 2 of it for Stevie for his birthday
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

Game of Thrones 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones 3   Game of Thrones 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 2:53 am

very nice gift Nicky! Game of Thrones 3 1762530889

Season 4 has been confirmed! Game of Thrones 3 1762530889
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

Game of Thrones 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones 3   Game of Thrones 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:48 am

"what in seven hells are you doing with the Stark bitch!" - lol, that line from the Hound tickled me

another good ep where plots and characters are being set in motion, expect some real shit to start kicking off beginning next week
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

Game of Thrones 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones 3   Game of Thrones 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 4:12 am

Waiting for the shit Game of Thrones 3 2435349535
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

Game of Thrones 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones 3   Game of Thrones 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 3:47 pm

I was actually worried for Brianne, I like her. Jamie.. not so much. I don't like evil bullshitters. Tyrion is a good bullshitter, Jaime is bad sort. So did not feel much when they cut his arm off. I am sensing a change though... maybe his character will grow.
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

Game of Thrones 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones 3   Game of Thrones 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 11:55 pm

Yes its a major change for his character, just like in the books I hated Jaime in the beginning but grew to like him particularly after this event.

My favorite scene of all five books should be next week and I am thrilled to see it happen!

I loved that musical chairs between Cersei and Tyrion at the council meeting!
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

Game of Thrones 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones 3   Game of Thrones 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 10:56 am

great fucking ending! Game of Thrones 3 1002320772 the only thing missing was the part in the book where she slashes the slave trader in the face with the whip before unleashing Drogon on him but still, it was very well done

poor Jaime and poor Theon, shows how good a show is when you start having empathy for villians
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

Game of Thrones 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones 3   Game of Thrones 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 3:56 am

It was okay. I still feel a lot of "holding it in".
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

Game of Thrones 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones 3   Game of Thrones 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 1:27 am

that was a great episode! and plots are in full swing!
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

Game of Thrones 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones 3   Game of Thrones 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 5:56 pm

I like it, I just don't love it. I think I might had I read the books.
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

Game of Thrones 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones 3   Game of Thrones 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 11:41 pm

that may be a factor, cause I know what's going to happen, know more about the characters, that's its great seeing things come into vision and focus, you will either like what's coming...or be shocked, either way you'll have a reaction, lol.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

Game of Thrones 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones 3   Game of Thrones 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 4:35 pm

I have a question, Jesse. They made such a huge thing about the "winter is coming" on season 1. Then it was sort of forgotten and now its... so what if its coming? What's so scary about the winter?? I mean, we have seen the the undead armies but nothings happening with them.
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

Game of Thrones 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones 3   Game of Thrones 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 6:58 am

funny you mention that, that line slipped into my mind today, I've always wondered myself cause the book doesn't really spell it out, I've always taken it in the literal sense of winter coming, as the seasons in that world are long or short and the events taking place now have been in a summer which has lasted for decades, I really think the meaning is a change is coming, like the changing of the seasons which have dramatic effects on all life, the Starks use winter as a metaphor, cause they are of the north and within close proximity of the Wall and its lands of perpetual snow and ice
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

Game of Thrones 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones 3   Game of Thrones 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 6:11 am

Burn! - for the end of the episode 5! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

Game of Thrones 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones 3   Game of Thrones 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 6:45 am

oh you liked how Tywin is laying down the law on Cersei and Tyrion, lol
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

Game of Thrones 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones 3   Game of Thrones 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 3:56 pm

Hell yeah. I really like Tywin Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

Game of Thrones 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones 3   Game of Thrones 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:09 am

Yeah he's badass

Loved the fight scene between The Hound and Beric, poor Ayra, going to be alone again without her running buddies

You know I liked the gay scene, lol.

A great a powerful scene between Jaime and Breanne in those baths, his story of killing the "Mad King" was sooo well played

I really liked just about everything about this ep, lol.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

Game of Thrones 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones 3   Game of Thrones 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 5:07 am

Game of thrones, holy shit!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

Game of Thrones 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones 3   Game of Thrones 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 8:19 am

weddings are always a memorable affair in the Game of Thrones world
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

Game of Thrones 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones 3   Game of Thrones 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 4:29 am

What a strange place to end a season Game of Thrones 3 872919100
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

Game of Thrones 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones 3   Game of Thrones 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 12:32 pm

true, but after the turbulence of the Red Wedding I think they wanted to go out on a pleasant note for somebody at least, that being Daenarys

I'm convinced I'm destined to be somewhat Tywin Lannister in some future life! Game of Thrones 3 1002320772  Loved the exchange between him and Tyrion...and then there's Joffrey, great performance I thought, he conveyed just the type of sick excitement I envisioned from the book upon learning of the Red Wedding

The Roose Bolton and Walder Frey scene was not in the books but it was great, so glad they answered the question of what happened at Winterfell with Theon cause it was a burning question for me since last season

I've read complaints about why the show must show much of the torture of Theon and in the finale you learn why, his character transforms into "Reek".  In the book we didn't "see"  it happened, it just was, in the show they "showed" how this proud yet naive young man can be broken and turn into such a pitiful character as he will be in the next season, it was good and I'm glad they did it, otherwise dumbass average fans would have been like "huh?  how did he turn into this Reek character?"  I was quite impressed by his sister Yara too, that is not from the books either, her reaction and going against her father to go get Theon.

Ayra Stark...what can I say but that I LOVE that bad ass little wolf bitch!  The bit where them fucking Frey's parade Robb's corpse around with his direwolf sown upon his headless body was not something she saw in the books, it was only talked about as an afterthought, as in "oh yeah they did this to him", but to actually show it like that, and have Ayra see it, was shocking and damn good and I see why they did it too, to further drive Ayra's character into what she's destined to become. 

Those were my favorite parts from the show, I'm confused by the Shae and Vary's exchange cause I know what happens and I'm trying to figure out how it happens from the show and that exchange confuses me, but I read a theory of how the show might do it and it could make sense actually, but I cannot speak more cause that spoilers, lol. 

Overall thoughts or further comments Anne?
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

Game of Thrones 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones 3   Game of Thrones 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 3:55 pm

I always love it when Tyrion gets a spotlight :curtsy:Though his decisions are tough and cruel, I understand where they come from. Its not sadistic, its putting family first. Where as Joffrey is just an evil little bitch. I bet the actor loveeeees playing him though. I love the small threat Tyrion made!
Dropping like flies Very Happy

And Arya has really grown on me and become one of my favourites. And is it just me, or is Hound really liking her?? It seems like he is adopting her and she is just waiting for her time.

I really don't care much about the red witch - fire god crap. I always want those scenes to pass. Also the Reek thing.. yawn. Daenarys is cool in away but I just couldn't quite believe how easily she took the city. I doubt keeping it will be as easy? Don't answer, just have a feeling. But whenever they release the dragons, I am good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Game of Thrones 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones 3   Game of Thrones 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones 3
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Garden District :: 1239 First Street :: Evelyn's entertainment-
Jump to: