The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names

Go down 
+6
Denovissimus
Judge Jane
Nicky Mayfair
LadyMandingo
Taman
Sheila O
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16
AuthorMessage
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 3:05 pm

my husband is getting a very substantial pay increase. The restaurant he is working at he has been there 5 months now (thought he was worked there a couple of times in the past) and starting out there this time he was being paid $700 a week. Back in march he found out that the "pasta guy" (who is a lower cook on the todemn pole than him) was getting paid $900 a week, $200 more than him. He went to his boss and asked him for a pay increase, not asking for a specific amount and not telling his boss that he knows what the other guy is making. His boss gave him a pay increase, but only an additional $25 a week. Daniel was hoping to be increased to $800 or at the very least, $750.

Needless to say, he was very pissed off. this other guy who is a lesser cook who gets paid a lot more AND gets paid vacation (daniel was only allowed to take 2 days off for our honeymoon and those were unpaid days) ends up screwing over the restaurant by calling out on MOTHERS DAY of all days. So this guy was fired.

Shortly after mother's day, Daniel got into a convo with the chef and told the chef that he knows the other guy got paid alot more money..he doesnt feel appreciated..wasnt allowed to take hardly any time off for his wedding...and the other guy ends up screwing all of them over and that if he doesnt get treated better, he will leave. The chef talked to the owner and the owner told him that he will get another pay increase in a few months.

So last week Daniel heard about this other restaurant that needs a cook so he interviewed and got the job. This restaurant is closed every sunday so he would have off on sundays, they are closed on all major holidays and he would still get paid on the holidays, plus he would get 1 week paid vacation and get paid $800 a week.

Sat night he told his boss he was quitting and he was going somewhere else where he would be getting paid vacation and $800 a week. His boss so desperately does not want him to leave ,that he has offered Daniel $850 a week and 4 days paid vacation, so he is going to stay.

Though $850 is even better, I still wanted him to take the other job because he would be off on holidays and sundays! That would have been so sweet! But oh well, at least he is getting a very nice pay increase and some vacation time.

We are going to go in a 5 day vacation early next year, probably florida.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 5:25 pm

Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names - Page 16 1437168020
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 6:10 pm

Welcome back, Anne, you jetsettah, you!

afters awesome news about your husbands pay raise, Michele.

I got a text from Planetarium Rob...this after a week and him acting like a bitter asshole last time I saw him and creeping me out. He wants to know "Time for us, this week?" Well no actually NOT. You do not insult me, flatter yourself by suggesting that I'm, marking (my) territory at your house and generally act like a FUCKING ASSHOLE not to mention giving me an itchy cooch and expect me to go out with you.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 7:26 pm

Quote :
when I was in Lisbon, it was all extremely urban, very dirty, and the streets were packed with cars, buses and taxis. They were crazy drivers. had no consideration for pedestrians. Everytime I crossed the street I almost got run over

Oh okay. Well it was little dirtier and had more graffities than the previous cities. But it wasn't packed.. only Belem had more tourists. I guess we picked the right time to visit. The drivers were okay, had no probs. Sure they were fast but they did respect the lights and even stopped to let us pass when there were none.

Back to top Go down
sassycatj

sassycatj

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 1:35 am

Hola Anne!

Weekend is over. dunno know what to do with myself today...
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:42 am

Soon be new thread time if anyone wants it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names - Page 16 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names
Page 16 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16