Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

My book - Jack and the Lad - available on Amazon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: My book - Jack and the Lad - available on Amazon   Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:05 am

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jack-Barrow-Boys-Barking-ebook/dp/B00C4D8CCE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372183587&sr=8-1&keywords=jack+and+the+lad

there it is folks, my baby - complete with a role for 'Essex Adam' among others. I would really appreciate any feedback you guys might have regarding the cover and the description, because these can constantly be changed and improved!

http://www.amazon.com/Jack-Barrow-Boys-Barking-ebook/dp/B00C4D8CCE/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1372183625&sr=1-1&keywords=jack+and+the+lad

PostSubject: Re: My book - Jack and the Lad - available on Amazon   Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:37 am

Looks like youre getting good reviews, whod you pay to do that ;)

I will buy it when craig next gets paid x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StevieF

PostSubject: Re: My book - Jack and the Lad - available on Amazon   Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:53 am

Here is a bigger image of the cover which Nicky wants some feedback on plus the description below and links to both Amazon stores here and across the water :-)

Jack and the Lad on Amazon UK

Jack and the Lad on Amazon US

Jack and Minty are just like any other cute East London couple; the only drawback is, she’s a bawdy urban myth who’s been doing the rounds for four hundred years and he’s an aspiring LSE graduate who doesn’t believe in ghosts anyway, desperate to move on from the Barking market and make himself into the modern, metrosexual man he knows his mum would be so proud of. Jack’s the pole star around which his family revolves; his success is their staple, his conquests their currency.

In fact, Jack Woodfield has it sorted; he’s got brains, brawn, and sightly bulges. Sat at his desk at a psyche-profiling firm on Cannon Street, he’s a modern man with a lad’s legacy that he’d rather leave behind, along with his fellow carouser, hell raising cousin Hayden. But over Jack’s shoulder lurks Minty Hardcore, the frisky phantom whose preternatural predilection for burly ex-barrow boys might well screw up his prospects for promotion and a cosmopolitan, carefree existence rather royally...

Can Jack’s sparkling City career be saved, or is he doomed to spend the rest of his days bogged down in cheap bling and flexing his biceps, enslaved to that saucy spook, Minty Hardcore?!

And what is the sordid secret of that sexually insatiable spectre?!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taman

PostSubject: Re: My book - Jack and the Lad - available on Amazon   Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:12 pm

I like the image, for some reason the font and color used in your name, reminds me of the old batman tv series.

As for the intro text.. I already tried reading it yesterday but I struggled. The sentences are long and I had to check few words. But I am a Finn so that prolly means very little. I will certainly read the chapter tonight.. I wonder if you can buy it even if you haven't got a Kindle. I will try!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: My book - Jack and the Lad - available on Amazon   Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:18 pm

thanks Anne. Feedback like the bit about the text is just what I'm looking for, and I'm going to adjust it accordingly.

You can definitely buy it if you don't have a Kindle. Kindle is also available as an app - I have it on my laptop, and it's free to download;

Kindle app for PC:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000423913

Kindle app for iPhone/iPad:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/kindle/id302584613?mt=8

As there is no Amazon in Finland - I think! - you would be able to purchase it from Amazon UK

PostSubject: Re: My book - Jack and the Lad - available on Amazon   Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:28 am

I'll purchase when I get home from work/workout!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taman

PostSubject: Re: My book - Jack and the Lad - available on Amazon   Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:38 am

I have it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: My book - Jack and the Lad - available on Amazon   Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:57 am

did you get it on Amazon UK?

PostSubject: Re: My book - Jack and the Lad - available on Amazon   Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:23 am

US. I could not buy it from UK, something about copyrights

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Judge Jane
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My book - Jack and the Lad - available on Amazon   Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:03 pm

I've had it a while and not been reading much lately in general...

But have read 70% now!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: My book - Jack and the Lad - available on Amazon   Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:16 pm

Taman wrote:
US. I could not buy it from UK, something about copyrights

thanks Anne - let me know what you think!

PostSubject: Re: My book - Jack and the Lad - available on Amazon   Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:07 pm

I bought it!!!!  

And Nicky I'm going to be as critical as you are with Dan Brown and JK Rowling!  
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: My book - Jack and the Lad - available on Amazon   Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:30 pm

It looks like something I will enjoy! I shall order it tomorrow!  
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: My book - Jack and the Lad - available on Amazon   Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:09 am

Denovissimus wrote:
I bought it!!!!   

And Nicky I'm going to be as critical as you are with Dan Brown and JK Rowling!  

nnnoooo lovah!!

PostSubject: Re: My book - Jack and the Lad - available on Amazon   Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:10 pm

congrats Nicky!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: My book - Jack and the Lad - available on Amazon   Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:31 pm

buy it, bitch! I named one of the characters after you!

PostSubject: Re: My book - Jack and the Lad - available on Amazon   Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:10 pm

I'll buy it...if I get a mention in your second book.

btw; the blurb is a bit wordy. kill your darlings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: My book - Jack and the Lad - available on Amazon   Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:46 am

I want to buy a hard copy! When are the hard copies coming out?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: My book - Jack and the Lad - available on Amazon   Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:14 am

it's expensive to produce hard copies. On Amazon.com you'll pay $2.50 or something but a hard copy would cost you $10 or maybe a bit more; I can't afford to command those sort of prices at this stage in my career

PostSubject: Re: My book - Jack and the Lad - available on Amazon   Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:15 am

darkeyes80 wrote:
I'll buy it...if I get a mention in your second book.

btw; the blurb is a bit wordy. kill your darlings.

I'll look at the blurb Rodney, thanks; what does 'kill your darlings' mean, though?

PostSubject: Re: My book - Jack and the Lad - available on Amazon   Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:24 am

well I dont have a printer to print out a whole book. Also it just isnt the same, I need to feel an actual book in my hands, the binding and all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: My book - Jack and the Lad - available on Amazon   Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:47 am

you don't need to print it out! and you should buy it to support me, $2.50 isn't much! you're tighter than Carlotta!!

PostSubject: Re: My book - Jack and the Lad - available on Amazon   Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:57 am

you are right, I will buy it in a couple of weeks when I catch up on bills, yesterday was the first time in a week I worked, and my huband's next two paychecks will be paying for his car repairs.

I will buy it at the end of the month. How many have you sold?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: My book - Jack and the Lad - available on Amazon   Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:04 am

not sure how many I've sold so far, around fifty copies I think; not sure if that's wonderful or woeful, but given I'm doing it all off my own back with no budget, no media campaign...

PostSubject: Re: My book - Jack and the Lad - available on Amazon   Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:29 am

a writer like you should be familiar with that term!
Kill off(edit) some those wonderful sentences you came up with. In order to make the blurb more succinct:P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My book - Jack and the Lad - available on Amazon   

Back to top Go down

My book - Jack and the Lad - available on Amazon
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next