The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way

Go down 
+6
Taman
alondrianyx
KayL
Nicky Mayfair
Denovissimus
Judge Jane
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
KayL

Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 12:15 am

I'm glad to say that we have air conditioning now. I've had it since I was pregnant as I couldn't stand the heat at all at that time. Now I just really love it!

Here at the moment though it's cool. Not as cold as you get it over there in winter though.
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 4:49 am

When are they going to name this damn baby!!?
Back to top Go down
alondrianyx

alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 6:39 am

Im getting a bit of verbal on facebook for thinking for my self and having my own opinion. I am fed up of all this coverage of will n kates baby, theres nothing on the news but this sprog, theyve had fuck all to say but they keep going on.

They didnt even comment on my status, just started one on their fb. Oh, thank you anne for liking my status
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 6:50 am

who's giving you the verbal, doll?
Back to top Go down
alondrianyx

alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 8:36 am

The wife of a guy craig and i used to work with.

So many people are being totally delusional over this all, i complained that the media was making too much of it, to the extent of ignoring everything else. Someone said it was nice to think there was nothing bad happening. I was a good girl and kept my mouth shut
Back to top Go down
KayL

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 12:04 pm

I think people want escapism because sometimes life is just too hard and difficult and horrible things happen all the time, most things in the press are so very negative.

I know they are totally overdoing the press in regards to this one child but I can very much understand why.

Occasionally it is nice to think about things being fine and dandy and nothing horrible happening. I do it often. If I didn't, and I focused on all the negative things in my life, ie: having cancer that they can't cure and that if I'm lucky I will have painful chemotherapy on and off during the remaining years I have, and that I wake up everyday in extreme pain, so bad that sometimes I think I won't be able to move or walk which is a result of the chemo I've already had. I wouldn't even bother getting up in the mornings. I have a lot to be happy about, and I choose to think of my life in those terms, happy husband, happy baby, happy family. I deal with the pain by pushing myself to the extreme, I take pain killers when I absolutely have to and I am just getting on with my life. So seeing all over the press about a beautiful baby being born, makes me smile. I know this child is both privileged and in reality cursed because they have few choices to make in life, but the joy a birth often gives people is nice. It's nice to see some people happy and well and joyous even if I don't always feel that way.
Back to top Go down
KayL

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 12:34 pm

I'd also like to add that I love seeing people celebrating and dancing in the street, rather than rioting or killing each other.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 5:58 pm

Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 1437168020 
Back to top Go down
alondrianyx

alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 6:23 pm

I totally get where you are coming from kay, but you never forgot or denied your situation. That is how far these comments were going, it was insane.

Im in no way saying forget the good things because of all the bad in the world, these people were going too far
Back to top Go down
KayL

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 7:14 pm

Morning everyone.Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 8:13 am

They always go overboard about the royals....I do like that they have named him George, there are plenty of kids these days with older names....good way to honour the past.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 10:44 am

alondrianyx wrote:
Im getting a bit of verbal on facebook for thinking for my self and having my own opinion. I am fed up of all this coverage of will n kates baby, theres nothing on the news but this sprog, theyve had fuck all to say but they keep going on.

They didnt even comment on my status, just started one on their fb. Oh, thank you anne for liking my status

I didnt see your status alondria but I agree! There should only be a few minute blip about this damn baby on the news and that is it!!!! It is just a damn baby!!!!! It means nothing!!!!!! It should not be on the news 24/7!!! Especially not over here, in the US. It has nothing to do with us! Ridiculous that our media is trying to act like everyone over here should care. They are just using it as an excuse to not report on the real goings on of the world, to keep the masses distracted with complete and utter bullshit
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 10:47 am

Judge Jane wrote:
They always go overboard about the royals....I do like that they have named him George, there are plenty of kids these days with older names....good way to honour the past.

well I am sure they were not allowed to name their kid some current trendy boy's name like Bailey or something like that Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 2271603068 
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 10:50 am

on a happy note my mint plant was on the verge of completely dying for a while now, pretty much ever since i got it, lol. I decided to get away from the internet sucking me in and went outside on my balcony to sit in the sun and read. It is so beautiful today, no humidity. I got my sun and very much enjoyed reading outside (which I havent done in a long time) when suddenly I looked over and noticed that all my plants have rebounded from the brink of death. Yay! My basil plant is in full swing nad my mint plant has FINALLY grown a good amount of leaves so I plucked them off and dont know if I am going to put them in my water diffuser or use it in a smoothie. Maybe next week on our day off I will make us some mojitos!
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 3:56 pm

I am seriously thinking about becoming a vegetarian, or very close to one anyways. I have considered this for a while, and honestly I thought I wouldnt be able to do it. And I also thought, well as long as I stick to mainly eating organic meats when I do eat meat, at least the animals I eat are being treated humanely, which is a good thing. But whenever I go out to eat, the meat is not organic. Whatever meat I eat at work is not organic.

And honestly at least 1 day a week, often 2 days a week I am completly meatless. I dont intentionally "fast" meat a couple of times a week, I just dont feel the need or desire to eat it. And according to the whole blood type theory (if that even has any real credibility, not sure) my blood type is ideal for a vegetarian diet.

So I am thinking, what the hell? Might as well try it.

I think what I am going to do, though, is allow myself to eat meat 1-2 days a week. But maximum 2 days a week. The reason being, since my husband is a great cook, and meat is always a mainstay in what he is used to making, it would not be fair and next to impossible to have him cook different vegetarian dishes for me (something he is not used to doing) and it would be insulting for me to bypass his food when he cooks, or simply give it up (because his food is AMAZING!) so I will allow myself to eat meat on mondays (our day off and the only day we have dinner together) and if I really feel a strong desire, 1 more day at some point in the week. But no more than twice a week.

And I am not planning on being one of those junk food vegetarians who eat very little fruits and veggies and mostly consume pasta, sugary snacks, and who eat alot of versions of processed soy to replace meat, cheese and milk. From all my reading I think that processed soy is very bad for you (causes disruptions in your endocrine system) nor will I be eating frozen boca burgers. No I wont be doing those things. Most of my food with be primarily fruits, veggies, brown rice, some wheat pasta, and organic yogurt and fermented cheeses (and occasionally eggs but I have never been a big egg eater anyways). With the exception of aged cheeses and yogurt I will try not to consume milk and ice cream as little as possible. Also want to cut back on sweets (even though technically it is still within the realm of vegetarian)
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 5:21 pm

Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 1437168020 
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 5:59 pm

Hi everyone! I am happy over the Royal baby, Prince George Alexander Louis. It's something that amid hard times, many people can celebrate and honour.

I'm a staunch Monarchist, though.

I love the name. George after King GeorgeVI, Alexander a reference to Princess Alexandra, the Princess of Wales directly before Princess Diana and Louis,after Prince Charle's favourite uncle.

Yeah, I'm chuffed about it. Sorry Alondria
I know many feel the same as you do.

The kids are gone as and I'm in the city with my lovah. Total bacchanal, really. Whee... a nice holiday and much needed.
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 6:00 pm

Bloody double post. Grr.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 6:01 pm

I'm a staunch royalist too!! I wish it was like it used to be, when they actually ruled!!
Back to top Go down
KayL

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 7:37 pm

I guess I'm a monarchist too, I like the Royal Family. I think that they do a lot of good and they do work very hard.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 12:07 am

yea, work hard at bleeding dry the taxpayers money! Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 2271603068 
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 12:08 am

but Nicky,they are not Tudors!!!! And that is the most ridiculous part, england hasnt even had the same royal bloodline throughout history there have been few different ones so who is to say these people are deserving to be royal? they are not, it is all a farse.
Back to top Go down
KayL

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 5:15 am

I think that they give their lives to the public, from the time they are born until the time they die, they have few if any choices in life, they do what is asked of them. Their life is one of duty. I certainly wouldn't want it.

We pay for them from here too and I think they are worth it.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 6:47 am

LadyMandingo wrote:
but Nicky,they are not Tudors!!!! And that is the most ridiculous part, england hasnt even had the same royal bloodline throughout history there have been  few different ones so who is to say these people are deserving to be royal? they are not, it is all a farse.

they're descended from the Tudors, you fool! they're royal!! just 'coz you have nothing in America but a bunch of dreary politicians, while we have princes and princesses!!
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 7:30 am

Back from Atlanta and the British monarchy can suck it! Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 1002320772 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way
Page 4 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Garden District :: 1239 First Street :: The double parlour-
Jump to: