The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Seen a movie? Rate it!

Go down 
+7
alondrianyx
Denovissimus
LadyMandingo
Taman
Nicky Mayfair
sassycatj
Judge Jane
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

Seen a movie?  Rate it! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seen a movie? Rate it!   Seen a movie?  Rate it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 4:16 am

Drive. Ryan Gosling is cute and all but I swear it was like a mannequin played the role in this lame ass movie. And it wasn't just Ryan's wooden acting, the director must have been tripping in making this movie, scenes which just linger pointlessly, the characters saying nothing for a few seconds, just staring at each other. Music background which was just good awful. This movie really did suck, not even the scenes of violence could save it.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Seen a movie? Rate it!   Seen a movie?  Rate it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 7:01 am

I really liked Drive! The cold metallic emotions of someone who has lived a sort of mercenary life. And the music and the whole feeling of it. Sure there were some loooooong moments but if anything they highlighted the action. I am sure that movie is not for everyone, it was not you typical blast away and ha-ha joking.

I saw Tintin, it was suprisingly good.

And also Underworld Awakening. They sure are running out of ideas, aren't they?
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Seen a movie? Rate it!   Seen a movie?  Rate it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 7:08 am

OMG I couldn't stand it Anne! The director was trying to go for high art and it just did not work for me! And we don't know much about his life to count it as mercenary, his cold metallic emotions were just exercises in forced meaning, Gosling couldn't deliver on that score, only when he was being violent did it work to me.
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Seen a movie? Rate it!   Seen a movie?  Rate it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 7:34 am

I liked Puss in Boots, Antonio's voice is just so good as a feline!
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Seen a movie? Rate it!   Seen a movie?  Rate it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 6:46 pm

Iron Lady - had its points, Streep is really good. Not a great movie but better than average.
Back to top Go down
alondrianyx

alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: Seen a movie? Rate it!   Seen a movie?  Rate it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:30 am

i wouldn't give that milk snatcher (though shes supposed to be totally batty now) any chance to think people are interested in her.

i shall be posting about breaking dawn next week, just ordered it!
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Seen a movie? Rate it!   Seen a movie?  Rate it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:34 pm

John Carter (3D) - was very entertaining! The very beginning seemed like bleugh but as soon as Carters story started, you got hooked. 8)
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Seen a movie? Rate it!   Seen a movie?  Rate it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:05 am

Hugo - what charming little story. Just little too long and I did not catch it in 3d but still visually beautiful.

La piel que habito - The Skin I live in. Like always (in Aldomovars movies), there is a catch. Its takes awhile for things to come together. Its hard to like the characters in this movie but its worth a watch.
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Seen a movie? Rate it!   Seen a movie?  Rate it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 8:27 am

The Devil Inside - been done before and better. Yawn. The exorcism's were scary but there was a lot of boring stuff in between. And the ending sucked.

Extremely Loud and incredibly close - I started out thinking it was pretentious rubbish and milking the tragedy of 9/11, and it kind of was, but it did make me cry. Alot! I liked the kid in it.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Seen a movie? Rate it!   Seen a movie?  Rate it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 8:32 pm

Real steel - suprisingly watchable. Its kind of a family movie with them Robots boxing and little bit of Rocky too (underdog vs champion).

Killer Elite - sucked. Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Seen a movie? Rate it!   Seen a movie?  Rate it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 5:34 pm

In time - Timberlake was in it so that's a negative. He wasn't bad but... he is a popstar damn it. Or was anyways. The idea of the movie is interesting and though it doesn't quite hit it, its not too shabby.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Seen a movie? Rate it!   Seen a movie?  Rate it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 12:32 am

yea I do like the concept of that movie and just want to see it for that reason alone. Yea surprisingly, Timberlake isnt too bad of an actor, far from oscar worthy but you would expect him to be really bad
Back to top Go down
alondrianyx

alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: Seen a movie? Rate it!   Seen a movie?  Rate it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 8:11 am

cars 2 ~ loved it, though i must admit i spent a lot of the time studying the background because of the detail but it was really funny
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Seen a movie? Rate it!   Seen a movie?  Rate it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:52 pm

Rewatched Beauty and the beast. I haven't seen it since it came out. I had to forward a lot because of all the singing. Damn those Disney songs : :evil: I still think the beast looks better than the prince. lol

M:I Ghost Protocol - was pretty decent. The first one is still the best but this takes the no 2 spot.

The Help - very interesting and watchworthy.

Back to top Go down
alondrianyx

alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: Seen a movie? Rate it!   Seen a movie?  Rate it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 3:17 am

lol, i agree with you about the beast anne, though i am a geek and love the songs
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Seen a movie? Rate it!   Seen a movie?  Rate it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 4:16 pm

I never liked the songs! I remember my best friend being all over Aladdin and singing those damn songs and I was always 'shut up shut up shut up!"

Very Happy

Source Code - I didn't like it, I got bored. Still a catchy idea.

Bridesmaids - Suprisingly funny and not in a cute, pink, wedding kind of way. Its more like Hangover with women. :)

Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Seen a movie? Rate it!   Seen a movie?  Rate it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 4:10 pm

OMG I had totally blocked this but when I was visiting folks I saw that new Twilight flick. The first part of whatever. Nothing happened! I have seen the first and most of the second (I stopped watching because it was so terrible!) and now my stepdad(!) wanted to see this and we did and we were bored to bits. What's wrong with you people liking this?? :evil:
Back to top Go down
alondrianyx

alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: Seen a movie? Rate it!   Seen a movie?  Rate it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:00 am

the first part is a little boring, especially seeing as i think they cut a lot of jacob stuff out. but watched back to back both parts should be great
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Seen a movie? Rate it!   Seen a movie?  Rate it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 5:25 am

Saw Machine gun preacher - this movie is flawed but still powerful. Makes you wonder if you are doing enough in this world, if you should do more, to make it better.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Seen a movie? Rate it!   Seen a movie?  Rate it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 1:12 am

The darkest hour - despite people saying this is crap, I've seen much worse and there is real tension in the flick. Okay.

Midnight in Paris - Hated the first 30 minutes and the people but something sort of clicks after 30 minutes and this becomes a charming story. There are still huge Woodey Allenish quotes (he directed and wrote this) which I hate, in fact I really dislike the the guy, but thank heck he isn't in the movie. It would have ruin it. Owen Wilson plays his goofy self again, I suppose that is the only thing he can play.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Seen a movie? Rate it!   Seen a movie?  Rate it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 7:34 am

Just watched Friends With Benefits with Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis. Pretty decent romantic comedy. God JT is HOT!!!!! and he is a halfway decent actor, way better than what you would expect, anyways. I liked it!
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Seen a movie? Rate it!   Seen a movie?  Rate it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 5:15 pm

Hunger games - yep, the book is better. But that's no suprise of course. Had I seen the movie first, I would have called it "whatever". The movie works better if you know the background because you can imagine it better. The changes aren't big and they aren't the problem. The problem is that you don't care what happens to the characters and the hunger games are more of a camping trip for kids! Katniss for example is never hungry or thirsty, she gets those gifts all the time! Rues moment is short and thus you don't really get why Katniss gets so upset. And the reasons for blowing up the contestants goods is not really given either. So... if you read the book, its okay because you know more, if not... you propably don't care one way or the other. Oh and also Haymitch... biggest adaptation failure like ever!
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Seen a movie? Rate it!   Seen a movie?  Rate it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:50 pm

Iron Sky - not too bad but I did get little bored at times. Its still quite achievement for Finnish special effects industry and that part really worked!
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Seen a movie? Rate it!   Seen a movie?  Rate it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 9:00 am

Anne I agree with some of what you say about hunger games, I saw the film after reading the book and imagined people wouldn't get it as much not reading the book. Why call it the hunger games and then not show much hunger or how much hardship she went through. Generally though I was impressed and I know someone at work who loved the film, found it gripping and loved it, after reading the book she saw it again and loved it more.
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Seen a movie? Rate it!   Seen a movie?  Rate it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:02 am

The Hunger Games had a built up media, just like Twatlight. I remember, I subscribe to Entertainment Weekly and they hyped up Twatlight BIG time and then BOOM!! They did the same thing to Hunger Games...BOOM!! They know how to reach out to their intended audience, idiot teens with the world view of horses with blinders on. And even then the horses are smarter!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seen a movie? Rate it!   Seen a movie?  Rate it! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seen a movie? Rate it!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next