The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hello new forum - this is me!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

Hello new forum - this is me! Empty
PostSubject: Hello new forum - this is me!   Hello new forum - this is me! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 10:13 am

I'll start the ball rolling - copying and pasting my reply to the questionnaire from the old forum and updating!

The basics

1. Name? Jane

2. Location? Barnsley, England, UK

3. Age? 38  affraid  

4. Sexuality? Straight...but not narrow!

5. Relationship status? Separated 

6. Occupation? Trainee Probation Officer   

7. Children? Nope

8. Siblings? 1 younger sister, Rachel

9. Pets? Apart from Nicky! None right now, lost my dog vinny to that evil disease, he was 11

10. Interests or hobbies? This forum, reading, going to concerts, learning new things

Favourites

11. Films The Crow, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Interview with the Vampire, Billy Elliot, Hairspray, Sweeney Todd

12. TV shows American Horror Story, Desperate Housewives, Queer As Folk (US version), Ugly Betty, Doctor Who, The Simpsons

13. Groups or singers Manic Street Preachers, Keane, Snow Patrol, Scissor Sisters, Arctic Monkeys, The Feeling....loads of others, I have really wide taste in music, anything but rap and hip hop

14. Books or authors Wicked ~ Gregory McGuire, The Vampire Lestat ~ Anne Rice, Harry Potter, Cloud Atlas ~ David Mitchell, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time ~ Mark Haddon, The God of Small Things - Arundhati Roy

15. Food Junk food!

16. Colour Blue or pink

Further nosiness!

17. How did you discover the Garden District? Nicky showed me the site, made me an admin, it was a mess so I had to help him out!

18. Are you an Anne Rice fan? (if not skip the rest of the questions!) Of course!

19. How long have you been a fan? Since Interview with the Vampire the film came out (1994)

20. What struck you about Anne Rice as an author, why was she special to you? I read the first three vampire books straight through after seeing the film. The film got me first because the characters were so real, even though they were vampires. Her description, her stories, everything just made me want to read more and that hasn't changed. I think many Anne Rice fans empathize with the vampires or the witches because they are different, outsiders, non-conformist, non-ordinary

21. Favourite AR book? The Vampire Lestat, followed by The Witching Hour

22. Favourite AR character? Lestat

Last edited by Judge Jane on Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KayL

PostSubject: Re: Hello new forum - this is me!   Hello new forum - this is me! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 1:03 pm

Hi again, I used to be kayleen de witch on the older forums, or something like that. I thought I would look you all up and see how things are going.

Relationship: Married

Children: 1 beautiful daughter

Interests/Hobbies: Reading, all sorts of crafty things. Painting etc.

I've been around on and off for years. The last few years have been very busy in both good and bad ways so I haven't had an awful lot of time to catch up with anyone sadly. Hopefully I'll have more time to pop in now and then to chat to you all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Hello new forum - this is me!   Hello new forum - this is me! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 7:26 am

Hi Kay, seen your daughter on Facebook, she is beautiful Very Happy

I need to update my intro, some is wrong now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello new forum - this is me!   Hello new forum - this is me! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello new forum - this is me!
Page 1 of 1