Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey / There and Back Again

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
StevieF

PostSubject: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey / There and Back Again   Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:38 pm

Not sure how to move the original thread over from the old forum, so here is a new one for now.

Production Video #5: On location with THE HOBBIT

Latest video from PJ's Faceboook. Some great locations shown and nice to see Hobbiton again. Elijah is there as well and he doesn't look a day older, even though it's 11 years since LOTR!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150554790416807

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taman

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey / There and Back Again   Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:04 pm

These docs have not been as funny as the LOTR ones. I wonder if they even have fun in the shoots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey / There and Back Again   Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:01 am

Who cares? they're getting paid! Enough with the giggling:make a movie!chop,chop.:P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StevieF

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey / There and Back Again   Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:13 am

Production video #3 had quite a bit on the dwarves messing around, so I am sure they have fun.

I cannot wait though so just want a great movie and I am sure it will be.

I have watched the trailer so many times and it gives me goose bumps and brings tears of excitement to my eyes, so here is the link again if anyone hasn't seen it and as it is only on the old forum!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTSoD4BBCJc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StevieF

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey / There and Back Again   Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:31 am

They have released some picture of LOTR lego that is being released in the summer - I will definitely be buying some!

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2012/01/30/53265-for-your-exclusive-viewing-pleasure-lego-lord-of-the-rings-horribly-cute-bad-guys/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey / There and Back Again   Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:02 am

Did'nt realize that, one of the Dwarves is Stacy Slaters' brother! from Eastenders!Shaaaaaaun!
Thanks for posting, Stevie. I've watched all the production clips. I think the horsing around and fun bits will come out as we move closer to the release date. And the cast is also a bit older than the LOTR-cast.You've got to save some, to get the audience excited.

What really excited me was , how they explained what it'll probably look like on the silver screen. "like cutting a hole through the cinema and stepping into another world" Also very interesting to see how much work goes into it. Like; how many people it takes behind the scenes and how hard they work. Sure; the actors work rediculously hard(staying in character, take, after take being moved this way, that way..)but, the logistics people! phew! impressive!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taman

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey / There and Back Again   Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:17 pm

I just think that maybe they aren't as close. It might be different when they start filming the other part, or maybe they will never bond. You sensed a real friendship with the LOTR cast, none here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey / There and Back Again   Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:42 am

maybe it's a bit of method. In LOTR they had to play these very close friends.You don't see the dwarves hanging out with Bilbo-who is suppossed to be a bit apprehensive about going on a trip with them.Maybe they purposely keep their distance.

I remember this interview with Anne Hathaway and she said: " Meryl? oh, she was nice but, on first day of doing the readings, she walked up to me and said: " Hi, Anne, I'm so sorry but, this is the last time I'll speak to you untill the end of production; you're suppossed to fear me"-and it worked."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StevieF

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey / There and Back Again   Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:34 am

[quote="darkeyes80"]Did'nt realize that, one of the Dwarves is Stacy Slaters' brother! from Eastenders!Shaaaaaaun!

Rob Kazinsky was cast as one of the dwarves and was in NZ when they started shooting but he had to pull out for personal reasons....

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2011/04/24/43819-robert-fili-kazinsky-leaving-the-hobbit-due-to-personal-reasons/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StevieF

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey / There and Back Again   Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:47 am

I think you are right Rodney, the four hobbits especially bonded outside of shooting as they had to be close and I think the four of them had great fun. But then I think a lot of the other guys did as well.

But from the appendices on the extended DVD which I have watched several times I think there was something extra special about the shooting of LOTR, which I think Ann is getting at. I know a lot of cast and crew are back for Hobbit and I expect hoped to recreate the magic of LOTR, I will reserve judgement until I see the movies but from what I've seen so far I am quietly confident.

On your other point on the number of others behind the scenes it takes. Again from the appendices, it always amazes me some of the jobs that were done to make LOTR what it is. One example was the guys who sat there for 2 years making chain mail - by hand they linked and glued millions of pieces together - that's all they did for years - pure dedication and just brilliant in my mind!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey / There and Back Again   Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:38 am

The things people are willing to do for the sake of art...it's great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StevieF

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey / There and Back Again   Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:21 am

Production Video#6

More stunning locations, I cannot wait for this without wishing the year away, December cannot come quick enough

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150720773691807
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StevieF

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey / There and Back Again   Sat May 12, 2012 5:34 am

Not much Hobbit news about, a Hobbit App is available now though:-)

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2012/05/10/56087-hobbit-app-from-theonering-net/#disqus_thread
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey / There and Back Again   Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:22 am

The Cast So Far

Azog - Conan Stevens
Alfrid - Ryan Gage
Bard - Luke Evans
Balin - Ken Stott
Beorn - Mikael Persbrandt
Bifur - William Kircher
Bilbo Baggins - Martin Freeman
Bofur - James Nesbitt
Bombur - Steven Hunter
Dain Ironfoot - Billy Connolly
Dori - Mark Hadlow
Drogo Baggins - Ryan Cage
Dwalin - Graham McTavish
Elrond - Hugo Weaving
Fili - Dean O’Gorman
Frodo Baggins - Elijah Wood
Galadriel - Cate Blanchett
Gandalf - Sir Ian McKellen
Gloin - Peter Hambleton
Goblin King - Barry Humphries
Gollum - Andy Serkis
Kili - Aidan Turner
Legolas - Orlando Bloom
Lindir - Bret McKenzie
Lord Balin - Ken Stott
Master of Laketown - Stephen Fry
Necromancer - Benedict Cumberbatch
Nori - Jed Brophy
Oin - John Callen
Ori - Adam Brown
Radagast -Sylvester McCoy
Saruman - Sir Cristopher Lee
Smaug - Benedict Cumberbatch
Tauriel - Evangeline Lilly
Thorin - Richard Armitage
Thrain - Mike Mizrahi (TBC)
Thranduil - Lee Pace
Thror - Jeffrey Thomas (TBC)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey / There and Back Again   Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:23 am

I am excited that Barry Humphries is going to be the Goblin King.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey / There and Back Again   Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:59 am

god I read this book so long ago that I barely remember anything from it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey / There and Back Again   Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:28 am

I have just a couple of chapters left. Its full of sexy short men with hairy toes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey / There and Back Again   Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:28 am

lol. I do remember that it was hard to keep track of all the hobbits and trolls, though. Very hard. I couldnt keep track, honestly, lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taman

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey / There and Back Again   Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:49 pm

I figure most of them will just stay in the background.. I mean what could you do with all of them. Except kill them off one by one??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey / There and Back Again   Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:37 am

Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit will be unveiled in more detail at Comic-Con this month. But right now Entertainment Weekly has some great publicity stills and screenshots from the upcoming film. Here we see Gandalf, Bilbo, and dwarves Fill, Dill, Dori and Nori and others embarking on the original quest across Middle-earth.

Some of these promotion stills feature Martin Freeman as a young Bilbo Baggins and Sir Iam McKellan as Gandalf the Grey. Richard Armitgae is shown as the leader of the dwarves, Thoren Oakenshield, who recruit Bilbo for the adventure.

There are a couple of shots of the dwarves during their exploits. They trek through the mountains in one and another has them all inside escape barrels from a recognizable chapter in the book. There’s more of Gandalf back in Hobbiton, Bilbo in Milkwood Forest and three pictures showing the returning characters from the Lord of the Rings; Elrond (Hugo Weaving), Galadriel (Cate Blanchett), and Gollum.

So far it looks like everything is meticulously designed, just like the Lord of the Rings trilogy. The character design of the dwarves alone will make this worth seeing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey / There and Back Again   Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:37 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey / There and Back Again   Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:38 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey / There and Back Again   Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:38 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey / There and Back Again   Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:39 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey / There and Back Again   Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:39 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey / There and Back Again   

Back to top Go down

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey / There and Back Again
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next