Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

True Blood discussion thread - seasons 4 and 5

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
KayL

PostSubject: Re: True Blood discussion thread - seasons 4 and 5   Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:03 pm

I'm glad it's on tv here just a few hours after it's broadcast in the US so I don't have to wait.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: True Blood discussion thread - seasons 4 and 5   Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:40 am

Loved the bit with the blood donor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: True Blood discussion thread - seasons 4 and 5   Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:02 pm

I am in loooooooooooovvvvvvvvvveee with season 6. In my opinion, the most interesting and intriguing season yet. So far not as action packed as the other seasons, but even though it is "slower paced" I think the story line is just BETTER.

The only thing I dont like about this season so far is Alicide. I dont like what they have made his character into. he is not lovable as the mean and intimidating pack master. I feel like they have completely destroyed his character which makes me sad

Oh and Sookie is soooooooooooo much better this season! the annoying Sookie of seasons 2-5 is FinALLY gone and a likeable less annoying take no prisoners bitch sookie is in her place. THANK GOD because frankly I couldnt take another season of annoying sookie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: True Blood discussion thread - seasons 4 and 5   Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:06 pm

and I like Warlow's character. seems like he is actually a good guy and not a bad one possibly. But even if he really is a bad guy, I like him because he is equally vamp and faye. He can be up and about during the day, he still has his light, and he can eat real food! notice he was eating the dinner sookie made him even though he is a vampire! he is the luckiest being on earth! he has the best of both worlds of the best supernatural species!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: True Blood discussion thread - seasons 4 and 5   Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:49 pm

Alcide is a dick, in the books too

Met charlaine harris yesterday, she was lovely
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: True Blood discussion thread - seasons 4 and 5   Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:05 am

alondria, is this warlow and lilith story in the books?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: True Blood discussion thread - seasons 4 and 5   Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:51 am

No, not at all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: True Blood discussion thread - seasons 4 and 5   Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:53 am

Im still a bit mad about ep 6, didnt like who they killed off
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KayL

PostSubject: Re: True Blood discussion thread - seasons 4 and 5   Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:27 pm

They didn't make much of it, considering the character, they seemed to almost brush over it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: True Blood discussion thread - seasons 4 and 5   Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:05 am

this was my favorite episode so far. Very sad though who died, I was hoping he would survive his injury.

Over here on my cable provider, when you watch the show on the "On Demand" then afterwards they show the writer/director synoposis or insight into the show. In that, the writer actually said that his death will actually have a far reaching impact for all the characters, and it was needed to push the stories forward. So even though it seemed to be insignificant in this ep, I guess it will be in the coming ones.

I really liked this episode because it really showed us that Bill is still mostly Bill, that he is somewhat of Lilith's adversary, that he is still good on the inside and he is trying to use his powers for the good. I think he will be the one to bring about Lilith's demise. I thought it was going to be Eric or Sookie but I am thinking it will be Bill himself. (maybe with some assistance from them). I was also very impressed with how smart Jason was in this episode, and Sookie/Warlows storyline is getting more and more intriguing. I dont know what to make of it yet and I am digging that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KayL

PostSubject: Re: True Blood discussion thread - seasons 4 and 5   Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:59 am

I thought she seemed to jump into the whole Warlow thing awfully quickly, but I guess they only have another 6 episodes to go I think.

I'm liking this season though. More than the last couple.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: True Blood discussion thread - seasons 4 and 5   Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:21 am

I am HATING this season
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KayL

PostSubject: Re: True Blood discussion thread - seasons 4 and 5   Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:00 am

I didn't like the most recent episode. I was a bit disappointed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: True Blood discussion thread - seasons 4 and 5   Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:21 am

[quote="Denovissimus"]I am HATING this season [/quote

What????? you crazy!!!!

this weeks episode was very slow paced, it was at a crawl. But I liked it. I like that this season some eps are slow and story focused rather than action and shocking focused
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: True Blood discussion thread - seasons 4 and 5   Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:26 am

I quite liked the ep and felt sorry for jessica. Jason made me laugh, 'do you have stockholder syndrome' lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KayL

PostSubject: Re: True Blood discussion thread - seasons 4 and 5   Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:01 pm

I'll watch the latest episode again when I get a chance, perhaps I missed something. Sometimes I have to watch them again to appreciate them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: True Blood discussion thread - seasons 4 and 5   Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:30 am

Finally the latest ep was good, it felt much better conceived and carried out, Eric has been the star this season for me, I felt his pain, I really liked Nora, Pam has been good too as usual, hate that Newlin bitch and hate what they did to Alcide, I just can't buy into the other storylines
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KayL

PostSubject: Re: True Blood discussion thread - seasons 4 and 5   Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:18 am

I still haven't had a chance to watch last weeks episode again and the new one is on tonight. Not enough hours in the day unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KayL

PostSubject: Re: True Blood discussion thread - seasons 4 and 5   Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:50 pm

I liked tonight's episode. I think Eric will save the day. Which is good because I didn't want to see Bill get the credit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: True Blood discussion thread - seasons 4 and 5   Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:11 am

Eric might be the one to save ultimately save the vamps in the camp, but only Bill can save them from Lilith. Only he can get rid of her. Though I think Warlow will end up helping him.

Do you think that sookie will ever actually become a fairy vampire? Even though she has said yes to it I dont know if I see the writers actually making her a vamp.

I was surprised by the scene with her and Sam, I cant believe she tried to see if there was a chance for them first before giving herself over to Warlow.

When Sarah killed the true blood lady, that honestly was the most disturbing scene so far all season.

I hope Eric does not save Steve Newlin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KayL

PostSubject: Re: True Blood discussion thread - seasons 4 and 5   Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:31 am

I really didn't understand the point of her and Sam. that was out of the blue. I was very surprised at that too.

I had to look away when Sarah was killing that lady. That was way too much for me. Very violent.

I have a feeling Steve Newlin will fry in the next episode and I'll be surprised if Sarah makes it through to the end. Only two episodes to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: True Blood discussion thread - seasons 4 and 5   Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:24 pm

You guys really need to read the books ;)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: True Blood discussion thread - seasons 4 and 5   Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:37 pm

Sookie Sluthouse!

Tell me, if Warlow is so damn ancient and powerful how can Sookie subdue him and he not be able to defend himself against Eric? Lame...just like most of this season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KayL

PostSubject: Re: True Blood discussion thread - seasons 4 and 5   Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:53 am

I am reading the books, haven't got up to any of this stuff though. Is this in the books?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: True Blood discussion thread - seasons 4 and 5   Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:11 am

Not at all, the series has changed from the books pretty much half way through sesaon 2 and is now completly different, half the characters now were never in the books
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: True Blood discussion thread - seasons 4 and 5   

Back to top Go down

True Blood discussion thread - seasons 4 and 5
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next