The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Hunger Games

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 8:29 am

Does it get released next week in the states too?

I am so looking forward to this film!

I've started reading Catching Fire now. So far....so much better the Wolf Gift!
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 10:50 am

Catching Fire is my fave of the three!!!

Yes, friday is opening day and today I went and bought my ticket! Me and my friends are going to the midnight showing on friday, well technically that is saturday. I can WAIT!!! I am soooooooooooooooo excited!!!
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 8:03 am

Jane: Watched hunger games and loved it! Some bits missing and changed from the book but it was a long book to convert, would have liked it as a mini series.

Michele: I also loved it jane!!! I think that the changes were very minor, and did not take away from anything. My friends thought it was just ok, cause they wanted it to be EXACTLY like the book to a tee. You can never expect a movie adaptation to be exactly the same. It has been done, but it has only worked on a few rare occasions.

I want to reread all the books again!!!!

I cried at the reaping part and at the Rue part...

My whole body was literally shaking during the reaping scene, I felt like I was actuallly there, feeling what anyone would feel who would have been there! Horrible!!!

And Lenny.....omg he looked so fucking amazing.

Michele: Jane I liked how they showed more behind the scenes capital stuff that really wasnt in the first book. Like seneca crane had much more of a pivitol role in the movie than he did in the book

Jesse: Was The Hunger Games bloody?

Michele: actually whenever there was bloody killing, they wouldnt show much of it, so there was very little blood shown. Which for me, I was glad cause I cant stomach gore, but then on the other hand, it made the actual "hunger game" not seem as gruesome and horrific as it should have been.

Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 8:10 am

I agree Michele they can't have it exactly like the book, I also like the capitol stuff and the District 11 reaction to Rue's death, which isn't in the book at all but is a hint towards the atmosphere of Catching Fire. The capitol was quite like I imagined but the technology of the games was more than I imagined, still good though.

Haymitch was nothing like I pictured - I had him as short and fat and ugly!

Other characters were soooo perfect.

I cried at the Rue scene... with the flowers.... It's not like me to cry when I already know what's coming.

Re the toning down of the deaths - they did it to so they could give it a younger certificate, it was a 12a over here. I thought they showed just enough to get the horror of the situation without the gore. I didn't think it altered the spirit of the book, which was there throughout.

For me this series is so much better than Twilight - storyline wise and the strength of Katniss and her not getting all silly over the 2 boys

Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 1:35 pm

I had him pictured as short fat ugly too! and bald!

and I agree with everything else you said. I never saw any of the twilight movies nor read the books but I feel like even so I still know enough about Twilight to know that it sucks and Hunger Games is sooooooooooooo much better
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Hunger Games
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Garden District :: 1239 First Street :: Evelyn's entertainment-
Jump to: