The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound

Go down 
+7
StevieF
Auntie Maine
Taman
Nicky Mayfair
Judge Jane
darkeyes80
Denovissimus
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound    Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 2:57 am

my new boss at the restaurant I work at is Egyptian and he truly looks like you know that ancient egypt pharoh look. Not in how he dresses, but he has those perfect dark almond shaped eyes and it looks like he wears eyeliner all around his eyes when he doesnt Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound  - Page 8 2271603068

he is a really cool, nice guy. speaks like 4 or 5 languages. has owned a travel agency and other businesses. He wants to one day own his own airline.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound    Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:56 am

omg! if only I lived in the US! I would love to work in travel,again:P

Speaking of Egyptians: Ever seen the reconstruction of King Tut's head? Looks like me,even the fucked-up teeth! It might illicit another sexy dream from Dan:P
Back to top Go down
StevieF

StevieF

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound    Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 8:46 am

What type of work in travel did you do Rodney?

I have worked in the travel industry all my career but for the last 13 years in IT for travel companies, but the first few years I was a travel consultant - not holidays though, always been in business/corporate travel.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound    Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 1:53 pm

it wasnt busy at the restaurant, but 6 tables came in which is about 4 more than I expected :)

the other server who got hired at the same time as me, her name is Rachel, I am starting to wonder if she doesnt like me, or what her problem is. But everytime I come into work, I always say hi to her, she always just looks at me and NEVER says hi back.

I dont have a problem with a person not saying hi to me first, as I dont always say hi to people, but if I say hi to you, why cant you fucking say hi back? WTF?

So 5 minutes after I come in, the first table of the night walks in. She is the first one in so she is supposed to take them. I look everywhere for her. She smokes so I checked out back and she wasnt there. I waited another minute or two to see if she would show, she didnt so I took the table. Cant make the table wait 5 minutes to even be served water!!!!

So I took the table, then a minute later she comes out of the bathroom (she had to have been in there for at least 5 minutes) and she starts to go over to the table and I said " I already got them"

So proceeded to be so pissy about it for the next hour. "I have been here since lunch! It should have been my table! She walks in and gets a table 5 minutes later?" I told her that I looked for her and waited. She continued to be pissy. The owner told her to get over it, no one could find her. There will be more tables.

Then later she goes out to smoke, and she makes it a point to tell me "MICHELE, I am GOING OUT TO SMOKE"

Yea bitch, I know you smoke, I looked for you out there earlier and you werent out there!

She made more money than me anyways, cause only 6 tables came in all night. I had 3 parties of 2 people each, and she had 2 four tops and 1 two top so she probably made almost twice as much as I did.

I am never saying hi to her again. Fuck her.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound    Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 8:00 pm

Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound  - Page 8 1437168020
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound    Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 4:27 am

Michele - You ran into a Little Miss Douche.

Nothing special happened this weekened, just plenty of rest and curing the flu.
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound    Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 7:35 am

Hope it worked Anne and you can bannish the flu.

I have heat rash and it's made my arms itchy again, I've hardly been out in it today!
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound    Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 12:14 pm

Michele' you know why she's being an ass? lemme tell ya; you're better than her. she's just come to realize it; take comfort in that and just keep on doing your job. she'll soon come to accept it:D
Spent the last couple of days cycling my frustration away. the weather was amazing. I hit the pedals like a madman, cycling in the highest gear. overtaking mopeds. My legs feel like lead and the hot weather made evryhing 10 times harder; perfect:P
With all the frustration out of the way; i'm ready to take on the coming week.

Excercize works, people.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound    Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 4:28 pm

Still have a flu but no fever so back at work.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound    Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 5:10 pm

Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound    Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 7:31 pm

Morning! 3 glorious days off work for me!!

Back to top Go down
alondrianyx

alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound    Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 7:42 pm

hi, still too hot lol

sat hiding inside
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound    Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 7:56 pm

I think today is the last hot day, thunderstorms expected later
Back to top Go down
sassycatj

sassycatj

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound    Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 8:25 pm

home from campin. tired but showered earlier. Rick took all of us out for dinner. everything packed away again.
Up eating a late night snack.
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound    Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 2:21 am

Welcome back jules!

So proud of my gardening achievements today + it burns a lot of caleries!!

Just some pruning left to do and then I can invite people over for a BBQ next week!

Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound    Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 3:06 am

it's so unsufferably hot in my room, 25.7 degrees, my t-shirt is sticking to my back
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound    Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 3:11 am

darkeyes80 wrote:
Michele' you know why she's being an ass? lemme tell ya; you're better than her. she's just come to realize it; take comfort in that and just keep on doing your job. she'll soon come to accept it:D
Spent the last couple of days cycling my frustration away. the weather was amazing. I hit the pedals like a madman, cycling in the highest gear. overtaking mopeds. My legs feel like lead and the hot weather made evryhing 10 times harder; perfect:P
With all the frustration out of the way; i'm ready to take on the coming week.

Excercize works, people.

I talked to my boss about her yesterday, he said he wants tables waited on immediately. If the server whose turn is supposed to be is not there and able to take the table right away, whoever is available will do it. He said if that happens again, to not even look for her just take the table. He said he wont look for her.

He told me he doesnt like her attitude but for now, since he is just starting out and needed immediate help, he will keep her around but once it gets busy in a regular basis and he hires more people, he said he will get rid of whoever is not working then. He said if she does not change her attitude, he will let her go when he can.

Yesterday not a single table came in all day, it was really bad. He called her to tell her not to come in, she did not get his message and she drove all the way out there (she lives about 30 minutes away) and got sent home immediately. HAHA!

I didnt have any tables but at least I got paid minimum wage for being there all day.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound    Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 5:47 am

Karma!
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound    Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 1:43 pm

that is some karma for ya!
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound    Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 3:32 pm

I have been plagued with questions about earning my right for this life. I do what society wants of me, well at least monetarily (not being in r/l and not having children is of course considered selfish). But what do I do for life itself except abuse it?

So I send an email to an local animal protection org and asked if I could help out somehow. I'm already a member but I should do more. And its easier to start with animals, I am much more cynical about people. I have also been questioning if this job that I do, is what I should do. I don't feel like I am making any difference, that my job is at the end, pointless. I wonder if I have taken a wrong path at some point. With mortgage and all, its not as easy to just quit and start another career or maybe even go to school. Its easier to just accept your faith and continue working.

Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound    Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 4:33 pm

awww anne! I love that you are doing that!!!! Introspection is always a good thing to do from time to time
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound    Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 5:08 pm

Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound    Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 7:54 pm

Morning!

Another glorious day!
Back to top Go down
alondrianyx

alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound    Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 8:18 pm

maybe you could do an open university course or something anne when you've finished the next book
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound    Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound  - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 8:28 pm

Taman wrote:

I have been plagued with questions about earning my right for this life. I do what society wants of me, well at least monetarily (not being in r/l and not having children is of course considered selfish). But what do I do for life itself except abuse it?

So I send an email to an local animal protection org and asked if I could help out somehow. I'm already a member but I should do more. And its easier to start with animals, I am much more cynical about people. I have also been questioning if this job that I do, is what I should do. I don't feel like I am making any difference, that my job is at the end, pointless. I wonder if I have taken a wrong path at some point. With mortgage and all, its not as easy to just quit and start another career or maybe even go to school. Its easier to just accept your faith and continue working.

I can't believe you are saying this when you have a published book, Anne; I have been trying for years to get my book published, I would be made up for life!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound    Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound  - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Julien's Juice 520 ~ Decimation of the Heavenbound
Page 8 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next