The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

need some book recommendations

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

need some book recommendations Empty
PostSubject: need some book recommendations   need some book recommendations I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 1:41 pm

Hi guys,

I am out of books to read from my books that I dont have in storage. Any suggestions on a good read? I want to get 1 or 2 new books soon
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: need some book recommendations   need some book recommendations I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 7:54 am

Nothing I've read recently springs to mind as a good read to recommend. Sorry!
Back to top Go down
alondrianyx

alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: need some book recommendations   need some book recommendations I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:58 am

the potter books!!!!!!! :p

or eragon by christopher poalini, they are fab
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: need some book recommendations   need some book recommendations I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:40 am

I got a book from my coworker. "1000 White Women" it is really good! I like it!

It is based off a true event that happened in the mid 1800's when the native american cheyanne indian tribe, a smaller native tribe that ended up being almost completely wiped out from a small pox epidemic they got from the white man, as well as being almost slaughtered by the US military as well. They went to the US government and asked them to give them 1000 american women to marry and procreate with their men, to help repopulate their tribe but have the added bonus that their children would also be americans and get all the privledges of that and also be assimiliated into both cultures.

The US government in reality rejected the proposal. But this book is the ficticious version, where the government does agree to it.

I really like it!
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: need some book recommendations   need some book recommendations I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:12 am

South Of Broad.

One of the best books I have read in years.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: need some book recommendations   need some book recommendations I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 4:35 am

what is it about dan?
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: need some book recommendations   need some book recommendations I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 8:34 am

what about the Wolf Hall sequel, Bring up the Bodies?
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: need some book recommendations   need some book recommendations I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 9:25 am

Here is a link to it Michele. Seriously. One of the best books I have ever read. Something I will read over and over for years to come.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_of_Broad
Back to top Go down
alondrianyx

alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: need some book recommendations   need some book recommendations I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:41 am

ok, now i need help, i've run out of books to read and need something to attract my attention. yall generally know what i like: harry potter, kelley armstrong, the twilights, sookie stackhouse, the eragon books.

give me ideas Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need some book recommendations   need some book recommendations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need some book recommendations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Garden District :: 1239 First Street :: Ricean reading-
Jump to: