The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

J.J. Abrams to Direct Star Wars Episode VII!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Taman

Taman

J.J. Abrams to Direct Star Wars Episode VII! Empty
PostSubject: J.J. Abrams to Direct Star Wars Episode VII!   J.J. Abrams to Direct Star Wars Episode VII! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 6:46 pm

http://www.moviefanatic.com/2013/01/jj-abrams-to-direct-star-wars-episode-vii/

I am not sure yet about how I feel about it. Maybe.... nervously optimistic.
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams to Direct Star Wars Episode VII!   J.J. Abrams to Direct Star Wars Episode VII! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 2:08 am

I am quite excited for it now
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams to Direct Star Wars Episode VII!   J.J. Abrams to Direct Star Wars Episode VII! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 10:01 pm

http://collider.com/star-wars-spinoff-movies-confirmed/

Disney Confirms Standalone STAR WARS Films
by Adam Chitwood Posted: February 5th, 2013 at 2:38 pm

We’ve got some Star Wars news to report on today. We recently (and finally) learned that J.J. Abrams will be helming Star Wars: Episode VII, and today Disney CEO Bob Iger took part in a television appearance where he provided some updates on the studio’s Star Wars franchise. It was previously reported that screenwriters Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg had been brought into the fold not only to work on this new trilogy, but also possibly on some standalone films centered around other characters in the Star Wars universe. Iger confirmed today that that is indeed the case, as Disney is working on Star Wars films that are not a part of the overall saga. Hit the jump for more.

Speaking on CNBC, Iger offered the following confirmation:

I can confirm to you today that in fact we are working on a few standalone films, Larry Kasdan and Simon Kinberg are both working on films derived from great Star Wars characters that are not part of the overall saga. We still plan to make Star Wars 7, 8, and 9 roughly over a six-year period of time, starting in 2015. But there are going to be a few other films released in that period, too. // J.J. Abrams to Direct Star Wars Episode VII! 717681288

Late last night news broke that the first standalone Star Wars film might be centered around Yoda, but obviously Iger didn’t address that rumor. It is encouraging that Kasdan—who co-wrote Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi—is involved in these other Star Wars films, but I for one am sincerely hoping that the Yoda rumor remains just a rumor. Disney has a major opportunity to expand the Star Wars universe with new and interesting characters; we’ve gotten to know Yoda over five films already, so I’m eager to see something more fresh or exciting.

Iger also mentions the 2015 release date for Episode VII, even though Abrams and producer Kathleen Kennedy recently hinted that that release date might not be as firm. Obviously the CEO of Disney wants new Star Wars movies to come out as soon as possible, but I imagine Abrams will be careful to ensure that he has enough time to make the best possible version of Episode VII. J.J. Abrams to Direct Star Wars Episode VII! 4225072840
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: J.J. Abrams to Direct Star Wars Episode VII!   J.J. Abrams to Direct Star Wars Episode VII! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

J.J. Abrams to Direct Star Wars Episode VII!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Garden District :: 1239 First Street :: Evelyn's entertainment-
Jump to: