The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Press freedom index...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Taman

Taman

Press freedom index... Empty
PostSubject: Press freedom index...   Press freedom index... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 9:27 pm

"The Press Freedom Index is an annual ranking of countries compiled and published by Reporters Without Borders based upon the organization's assessment of the countries' press freedom records in the previous year. A smaller score in the index corresponds to greater freedom of the press. Reporters Without Borders is careful to note that the index only deals with press freedom and does not measure the quality of journalism."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Press_Freedom_Index

So Finland at the top with Norway. I am amazed that US sits on 47 and France on 38! Press freedom index... 872919100

Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Press freedom index...   Press freedom index... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 9:30 pm

But damn I am proud of Estonia! They have walked so far from where they were. Press freedom index... 3753849508
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Press freedom index...   Press freedom index... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 11:05 pm

God we're at 28 here!
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Press freedom index...   Press freedom index... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 2:42 am

I'm not surprised at the US ranking considering how comproprise and bias some networks are
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Press freedom index...   Press freedom index... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 3:29 am

It might also be easy to fall. One or two annoyed reporters did not get their morning munching or something.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Press freedom index...   Press freedom index... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 1:44 am

We're number 3.....pfffffffft. True what anne said. The Netherlands should have been nr.1 EASILY.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Press freedom index...   Press freedom index... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 6:08 am

Taman wrote:
"The Press Freedom Index is an annual ranking of countries compiled and published by Reporters Without Borders based upon the organization's assessment of the countries' press freedom records in the previous year. A smaller score in the index corresponds to greater freedom of the press. Reporters Without Borders is careful to note that the index only deals with press freedom and does not measure the quality of journalism."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Press_Freedom_Index

So Finland at the top with Norway. I am amazed that US sits on 47 and France on 38! Press freedom index... 872919100

you are amazed that the US sits at 47? Are you kidding? Our MSM is completely bought and sold by the global elites and the banks. They are merely puppets. There is hardly any real news in mainstream US media.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Press freedom index...   Press freedom index... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 6:12 am

Shouldn't competition lead to freedom? That's what you are always telling us anyways.

Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Press freedom index...   Press freedom index... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 7:50 am

Don't expect an answer....a logical one, at least. Press freedom index... 2271603068
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Press freedom index...   Press freedom index... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 8:09 am

Press freedom index... 2335345769
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Press freedom index...   Press freedom index... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 4:18 am

No I am serious. It really is an interesting dilemma.

Its also important to remember that free market works differently in different countries. Say Finland will always be expensive because the market is so small that the shops/services can name the prizes and get it. In the news area, there is government/citizen funded channels and ad funded television. They don't really take a side on anything.. but we do see sides being taken in the newspapers. Mostly its the wealthier right wing against the central or leftie workers.

Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Press freedom index...   Press freedom index... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 4:31 am

Trust me; she won't answer. There have been many instances when I presented Michele with a serious question after going back and forth over a certain topic. Everytime that question challenged her own theories, she did'nt answer or, copy-pasted a reply from some site.

Anne- same here. The news-channels are always neutral. The papers....well it depends on what you want to read and whether your newspaper agrees with your own morals and standards. That is why I always read papers from both ends of the spectrum: far lef and far-right and I never "agree". Rather; I make up my own mind.(if my purpose is to form an opinion,that is) Those "in the middle"-newspaper are purely opportunistic-going with whatever the public is swept up by, at any point in time. Spineless lily-fingered money-making journalism.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Press freedom index...   Press freedom index... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Press freedom index...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Garden District :: 1239 First Street :: The double parlour-
Jump to: