The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anne Rice is at it again..

Go down 
+3
Judge Jane
Nicky Mayfair
Taman
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Taman

Taman

Anne Rice is at it again..  Empty
PostSubject: Anne Rice is at it again..    Anne Rice is at it again..  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 10:08 pm

Keeps posting about vampires..

"Anne Rice · 726 573 tykkää tästä.
3 tuntia sitten ·

Lestat and I are dancing; slow dancing like kids did in the 50's; he's holding me and I'm leaning against him as we barely move on the dance floor. The bar's dark and almost empty. Just the lights of the juke box in this corner. And this is my song for him, funky, old, pure -- playing on the Juke Box. "Tonight you're mine...completely." Oh, how I've missed you. How I've longed for you. Oh, how much I love you.

Anne Rice
5 tuntia sitten
I'm thinking about Lestat tonight. I'm thinking about all the "Children of Darkness." I know in my heart of hearts that Armand and Louis are in New York; and I know Bianca is in Paris. I know David and Jesse are troubled, deeply troubled; and as for Lestat, he's wandering. Sometimes he spies on the others from afar, like some one gazing at a campfire from the cold concealing darkness of the nearby woods. But he doesn't go near....

Anne Rice is at it again..  872919100
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice is at it again..    Anne Rice is at it again..  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 10:12 pm

is this a Facebook post?

God, what is wrong with her? just write them already and stop fucking teasing us!
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice is at it again..    Anne Rice is at it again..  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 10:50 pm

Yah, facebook. She is frightening.. first she had those honey boo boo pics of Claudia and now the dancing thing.
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice is at it again..    Anne Rice is at it again..  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 9:12 am

I saw those posts and got excited about it! I want my vampires back!
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice is at it again..    Anne Rice is at it again..  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 10:41 am

It sounds like she's giving into the masses. Is she doing this because, she really wants to re-visit the vamps or, does she need the money :P

The juke-box thing sounds sooooo...corny. Does she have any real existential work in the making or, is it gonna be that horrible drivel she churned out at the conclusion of the VC's.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice is at it again..    Anne Rice is at it again..  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 4:38 pm

I don't even remember the last 2 VC's because they were so whatever.

If she truly wanted, had the burn, to write about vampires again, rather than writing about them because it is expected of her, it could be good again. But that's a huge IF.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice is at it again..    Anne Rice is at it again..  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 4:41 pm

No now I remember.. there was something damn annoying about Blackwood farm and Blood Canticle was the 'yawn'.

She should have NEVER mixed witches with vampires. Each work on their own.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice is at it again..    Anne Rice is at it again..  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:49 pm

darkeyes80 wrote:
It sounds like she's giving into the masses. Is she doing this because, she really wants to re-visit the vamps or, does she need the money :P

The juke-box thing sounds sooooo...corny. Does she have any real existential work in the making or, is it gonna be that horrible drivel she churned out at the conclusion of the VC's.

I cant imagine she needs the money! As if she isnt already a multimillionaire, for one. Secondly, she is in her mid 70's now, she only has about another 5-15 years left so how much money could she need?

Seems like she is reverting away from God again. Seems like whenever she is godless or anti-catholic she calls herself to the vampires
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice is at it again..    Anne Rice is at it again..  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:50 pm

Taman wrote:
No now I remember.. there was something damn annoying about Blackwood farm and Blood Canticle was the 'yawn'.

She should have NEVER mixed witches with vampires. Each work on their own.

I LOVED blackwood and recently re-read it again and I loved it more this time than I did the first time. But Blood Canticle? Phhhtttt. Complete garbage. I could never bring myself to try to reread that one! The thought of Rowan leaving Michael for Lestat still makes me cringe!
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice is at it again..    Anne Rice is at it again..  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:12 am

she just posted this on FB;

Anne Rice

If you ever picture Lestat, how do you see him? What is he wearing? How do you picture his hair? Do you picture a facial expression, an attitude? Do you see him in a particular setting?
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice is at it again..    Anne Rice is at it again..  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:11 am

I replied to one of those vamp-tease posts of her. "Stop asking us questions:write the book,already"
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice is at it again..    Anne Rice is at it again..  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:20 am

I replied to that post, and within 2 minutes 200 more people replied after me, I couldnt even find mine anymore!!! how can she possibly read all the replies?
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice is at it again..    Anne Rice is at it again..  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:39 pm

Anne Rice · 732 197 tykkää tästä.
50 minuuttia sitten ·

Thinking about Lestat tonight; not entirely sure where he is. He's wandering, not checking in with Louis and Armand the way they want. They've been happy in New York for some time. There are rumblings in the world of the Undead....rumblings...

Again... so Louis and Armand? Well I guess it was only matter of time.
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice is at it again..    Anne Rice is at it again..  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 11:29 pm

She is such a tease!!
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice is at it again..    Anne Rice is at it again..  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 9:51 pm

I feel a bit sorry for her - she seems unable to actually write the frickin' thing!
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice is at it again..    Anne Rice is at it again..  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 12:59 pm

Nicky most likely she is writing it, she is just probably keeping it on the hush hush
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice is at it again..    Anne Rice is at it again..  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 10:57 pm

you reckon?!
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice is at it again..    Anne Rice is at it again..  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 1:41 am

yea!! HELLO!!!!

I need to remember to go to B&N and buy the sequel to Angel Time. Also the sequel to Wolf Hall
Back to top Go down
KayL

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice is at it again..    Anne Rice is at it again..  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 7:41 pm

Probably in her own mind they are like real people so she thinks about them as you would think about someone that is close to you. I hope she writes another Vamp book, but who knows.
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice is at it again..    Anne Rice is at it again..  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 11:52 pm

her last books were terribly plotted and concieved!  if her creative juices have dried up she needs to leave the Vamps alone!
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice is at it again..    Anne Rice is at it again..  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 2:55 pm

I recently bought the sequel to Angel Time. I havent read it yet but it is incredibly short! only about 200 pages! WTF? I already thought Angel Time was too short and that book was almost 400 pages
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice is at it again..    Anne Rice is at it again..  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 7:34 am

Anne just said on Facebook;

Anne Rice

'I'll be attending the 25th Annual Vampire Ball in New Orleans this year, at Generations Hall on Friday October 15th. Can't wait to see the old members of Lestat's Fan Club who have been holding these balls for decades. I'll also be doing a signing in New Orleans that weekend with my son, Christopher Rice, at Garden District Books on Prytania near Washington. It will be so good to be back in my home city.'

God she is such a tease
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice is at it again..    Anne Rice is at it again..  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 1:24 pm

I do feel a return to the vampires coming from her...
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice is at it again..    Anne Rice is at it again..  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 10:13 am

I finished the second angel book. Loved it! Cant wait for the third one!
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice is at it again..    Anne Rice is at it again..  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 6:35 am

Anne's back in New Orleans...

Anne Rice

Hello from the French Quarter. It is a beautiful mild day in New Orleans. Couldn't be lovelier. I'm back among the voices that are music to my ears. The city looks great. I'm too tired to venture out tonight, but Becket will bring me an oyster poor boy from the famous Acme Oyster House on Iberville Street later on. And that will be my New Orleans this evening.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice is at it again..    Anne Rice is at it again..  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anne Rice is at it again..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next