The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Oscars results

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

The Oscars results Empty
PostSubject: The Oscars results   The Oscars results I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:14 pm

http://news.moviefone.com/2013/02/22/oscar-winners-list-2013-academy-award-winners_n_2741287.html

I only saw Lincoln, don't think I've seen any of the other big movies. I don't know, it's all so...self-congratulatory The Oscars results 2183661037
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

The Oscars results Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oscars results   The Oscars results I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:43 pm

I don't really care that much. Unless I really like someone or a specific movie, of course I hope it wins but usually... whatever.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

The Oscars results Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oscars results   The Oscars results I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 5:46 am

glad Daniel Day Lewis won, he was amazing!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

The Oscars results Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oscars results   The Oscars results I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 10:08 am

I'm just glad my Brokeback people won, Anne Hathaway and Ang Lee
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

The Oscars results Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oscars results   The Oscars results I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 9:26 pm

I like the show! I get all swept up in it. But I hardly know any of the movies and i don't care. Eventhough, I tell myself that I do.(You have to delude yourself to truly enjoy the show:P) I always want my favourite actor to win-eventhough I haven't seen theirs or the other nominees' movies.I just make up reasons("I've seen a movie with them in it-once-and I liked it or; "I like her dress-I want to see it on stage-she should win") I just want to see beautiful people in pretty clothes and great performances and winners crying or,saying somthing "deep" and "profound". I remember getting all teary-eyed when Nicole Kidman an Adrian Brody got all choked-up and political about the Iraq war and the audience (decked out in "modest" black ,out of respect for the soldiers and all the dead Iraqi babies and their dead mothers/puppies/kittens/grandma..) nodding and getting misty-eyed.I don't even want to talk about Halle Berry's epic "This moment is so much bigger than me"-speech/act/performance. So unrehearsed,so "spontaneous"...she's an actress people! That was to prepare you all for Obama!Now, I look back at the rediculousness of the whole thing and I still love it.The Oscars takes itself VERY seriously. Love it. Indulgent, almost.

You gotta hand it to those producers...amazing show.And when I do get to watch it; I fall for it. every time.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

The Oscars results Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oscars results   The Oscars results I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 11:59 pm

I thought the Jennifer meets Nicholson part was a hoot!

But Anne H's dress.. nipples! I hate to say this but she needs to wear a bra.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Oscars results Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oscars results   The Oscars results I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Oscars results
Page 1 of 1