The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What book are you reading at the moment?

Go down 
+7
darkeyes80
Sheila O
Taman
Auntie Maine
Denovissimus
LadyMandingo
Judge Jane
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Taman

Taman

What book are you reading at the moment? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 4:27 pm

I just noticed now.. lol. I was like.. 'didn't I reply to my thread.. where the hell is it?" This is like the second time in a row. I am getting old.
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:47 am

What book are you reading at the moment? - Page 5 A_midwifes_tale
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 6:45 am

Bleak House by Dickens and Paris 1928 by Henry Miller.

PS... I miss Dan. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 10:00 am

Still reading" Bleak House" but for light reading" Heavenly Creatures" which I highly recommend to anyone who is a True Blood fan....
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 10:00 am

PS I MISS DAN!!
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 11:42 am

I am reading the sequel to Angel Time. For Love or Evil I think it is called?
Back to top Go down
Odensson

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 6:44 am

Re-reading Viking stories From the Eddas and Sagas.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 9:32 am

currently I am reading 3 books:

Firstly I started reading Jack Keroac's On The Road. I had attempted to read this book like 15 years ago for for some reason back then I could not get into it and did not finish. I also just bought the other day and I had to start right away on it Suzanne Somer's book Knockout which is a book of interveiws with alternative doctors who are curing cancer naturally. I also bought and started reading today, Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 2:48 pm

I'm on a PD James kick lately. I read "An Unsuitable Job for a Woman" and then" Unnatural Causes", "A Certain Justice" and now I'm beginning "The Murder Room". I find her a brilliant writer and for some reason, reading her gives me comfort. Somehow it restores my faith that there is moral order at work in the world.
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 2:53 pm

I love" On the Road", Michele. Kerouac was a great poet with a unique voice.

"The only people for me are the mad ones... the ones who are mad to live, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time. They are like fireworks that shoot across the sky in showers of sparks and when it's over everyone goes 'aww"'.

Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 4:42 am

is that quote from "On The Road"?
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 5:30 am

Yes'm. I was quoting from memory so it might be a little off but basically that's it...give or take a word or two.
Back to top Go down
alondrianyx

alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 7:39 pm

I finished the first mortal instruments the other day, im now reading beautiful creatures. Going to get at least 2 and 3 of mortal instruments today if they have them in. Oh and i need to get 1 to 3 of the dexters so i can start those too :)
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 2:32 pm

I liked Beautiful Creatures. I've promised Dan to send him my copy when I get a few denari together for postage as he saw the movie and loved it, as I knew he would.

Right now I'm reading" Charmed Circle" about the American writer and patron of the arts. Nice life, if you can get it, swanning around the continent, buying up art and making friends with artistic geniuses and other interesting people. And eating good food... she always kept a good cook and at the time Paris was cheap to live in. How things have changed!
Back to top Go down
alondrianyx

alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 7:49 pm

It was interesting sheila, i liked city of bones more though
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 5:47 pm

I'm reading" The Wyvern Mystery" by Sheridan Le Fanu, the father of the supernatural/horror novel.
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 6:12 am

Doctor Sleep, Stephen King
Back to top Go down
alondrianyx

alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 12:38 am

Let us know what its like jesse
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 8:19 am

Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh. I stayed up till 3 am last night, couldn't put it down....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you reading at the moment?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5