The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Annne Rice's Beauty books

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

Annne Rice's Beauty books  Empty
PostSubject: Annne Rice's Beauty books    Annne Rice's Beauty books  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:54 am

Anne Rice keeps posting about her Beauty books being back in some stores and doing really well.

I'm assuming this is on the back of the enourmously popular 50 shades of grey series, which is much tamer but along the same dominance/submissive lines.

What do you think of the Beauty books? You do get de-sensitised to the crazy sex and weird goings on, especially by book 3 when it all gets a bit repetitive I thought.

Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Annne Rice's Beauty books    Annne Rice's Beauty books  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 9:22 am

yes, I would say so. I remember book one just being one shock after another. book two was more of the same although there is one scene from that book that had my jaw dropped so much I still remember it. I think it was towards the beginning of book 2 when beauty escapes into the nearby village? She goes to a woman for help and this woman has her lying on her kitchen table. She puts milk on beauty's genitals, and the woman's cat then eats beauty out.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Annne Rice's Beauty books    Annne Rice's Beauty books  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 3:24 pm

Yep. The cat bit has haunted me since. It was the ickiest scene of them all.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Annne Rice's Beauty books    Annne Rice's Beauty books  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 7:19 pm

I still have these sitting in a little boxset in a cupboard, unread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Annne Rice's Beauty books    Annne Rice's Beauty books  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Annne Rice's Beauty books
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Garden District :: 1239 First Street :: Ricean reading-
Jump to: