The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way

Go down 
+6
Taman
alondrianyx
KayL
Nicky Mayfair
Denovissimus
Judge Jane
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 4:16 am

I've been around Jane, been reading but just not posting, haven't much to say I guess
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 5:48 am

Omfg I'm completely exhausted. Slept barely a wink last night with the damned heat! I think I'm finally seeing where Nicky is coming from when he complains about summer. :dies:

Monsters University was actually kinda cute. Obviously not my first choice but at least it was not unendurable like Despicable Me.
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 5:49 am

What are you shopping for Jane? Sexy lingerie?
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 5:54 am

Had a voucher for somewhere, I ended up getting a handbag, really needed a new one, my other one is getting holes in it!
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 4:05 pm

Sheila you didnt like despicable me 2??? Wow me and my husband both liked it, thought it was very funny
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 4:18 pm

Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 2 1437168020 

Aerial yoga wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. It strained your back and pelvis a bit and required balance so it might be better after you have done more yoga. Maybe that's just me..

Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 6:02 pm

Morning!!

The heat wave continues, I'm happy I work in such a cool office. It doesn't have too much air con but it is still cooler than outside.
Back to top Go down
alondrianyx

alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 6:55 pm

I hate this heat, its really dragging on me now, im forgeting things and i had really stupid dreams last night, we are waiting for something to be delivered for theo and in my dream i got mad cos it didnt turn up, its not even supposed to come til today at the earliest
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 7:04 am

Lately there just aren't enough hours in the day for me. So tired!
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 8:41 am

Michele! Are you serious?? Well maybe it's because I'm subjected to kiddie movies on a fairly constant basis so I'm jaded. I did enjoy Hotel Transylvania and Paranorman and Frankenweenie. Despicable Me 2? Nicht so much.

I finally broke down and turned the air conditioning on. It was the right choice Fo shizzle. I feel about 100x better.

Off to see" Cats" tonight. And then next week my... boyfriend... feels odd to write that is coming for a few days. He's sent me bouquets of flowers just about every day and a couple of florid love letters. But that's what love letters are supposed to be like right?

Anyway he is extremely good in bed and rich and willing to spend it on MOI so I forgive him his purple prose... for now. ;)
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm

Its hard to take it seriously, isn't it? When someone is so.. well, romantic and over the top. Then again, maybe you have gotten used to being ill-treated by your men so just try to enjoy it! You derserve it woman :)

Nothing special last night, had my tires balanced. Might do an oil change at some point as well and maybe little more work.. who knows. But after the balancing, no shakes on higher speeds so I am pretty good now. I really like having a car, I was little nervous about driving because I haven't driven in years but it is coming to me. I just need to drive, drive and drive, before it gets slippery and snowy.
Back to top Go down
alondrianyx

alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 7:50 pm

What car did you get ann? Was it that vw you posted a pic of on facebook
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 8:10 pm

Yep, that's her.
Back to top Go down
KayL

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 10:56 pm

I started a Diploma in Visual Arts today. I went in for the interview and they must have liked me because they wanted me to start straight away. It was fun.study 
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 11:12 pm

That's excellent Kay, sounds like something you will enjoy
Back to top Go down
KayL

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 11:18 pm

I think I will enjoy it. It is nice to get out and about with people after pretty much being sick for so long and away from people.
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 2:12 pm

fuck its hot, bout to sleep in the nude
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 2:53 pm

[quote="Taman"]Its hard to take it seriously, isn't it? When someone is so.. well, romantic and over the top. Then again, maybe you have gotten used to being ill-treated by your men so just try to enjoy it! You derserve it woman :)

I have never had a man be romantic like that with me, my husband was a little romantic in the beginning but not anything like that. He is still romantic but not in the big gesture way, but in the more subtle ways how he pays for everything for me, cooks me fabulous meals, bought me my car, would do repair work on my car for me, those kind of things which are all wonderful.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 2:57 pm

I am thinking of doing an experiment with myself of "going off the grid" cyberspace wise. I am thinking maybe trying each month spending the first 2 or 3 weeks of each month not going on the internet at all. Though the problem with that is I would need to sometimes check my bank statement and also my email in that time because I am the one who gets the emails for our mobile spa business requesting parties so I would have to check that at least every couple of days. I could allow myself leeway just to check those things but then that might tempt me to stay online and spend hours on facebook, etc But then that is the challenge: can I check my email and nothing else? Can I go into my email and not be tempted to log into anything else? hmmmm. I think i might try it.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 3:31 pm

Good luck Michele! I think the first 2 days are the hardest and then you will find other things to do.

I have never had a man be romantic like that with me, my husband was a little romantic in the beginning but not anything like that. wrote:

I have. It creeped me the fuck out. Romance comes to die in Finland. Very Happy 

Today and then I have week off. Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 2 3753849508 

Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 2:03 am

me and my husband both have colds, he gave it to me. Taking tons of emergen c and vit c drops. It is running through me very rapidly. Luckily I dont have any appts at the spa today and tonight I waitress I am hoping by 4 today I will feel significantly better
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 4:38 am

Romance - it's more about little gestures....he did draw a heart on my car window though the other day!!! Looking at booking a holiday soon...somewhere not too expensive
Back to top Go down
alondrianyx

alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 6:27 am

I like the little gestures, the personal ones. Like when craig buys me a book or film he knows i want. Flowers are nice too but the cat eats them if he can
Back to top Go down
KayL

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 6:47 am

I agree, it's the little gestures that are romantic.
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 2:20 pm

Was going to hide this in the dark room section, but didn't think the threads there were suitable and I didn't want to create some thread dedicated to this. I want it to be buried because it will probably go no where, but I just wanted a taste of some opinions on it. It's the opening of the book I will never write and finish. There is more that exists in a first draft form, not much, but a tiny more than this. It's stored somewhere. I decided to start again, without looking at that first draft. Already there is a vast difference I think, but my memory is shoddy. Anyway, here it is, be brutally honest. Someday the Garden will close and wither and this piece will crumble away with it, the decay will start once this thread reaches 20 anyway and will close...I'm being much too contemplative, I should channel that to continue this story, lol, here it is:

I don’t know what was more chilling, the brutal winter winds battering the frail walls of the creaking cabin, or the impish sound of that voice asking me an impossible question:
“Father, what am I?”
The weakening flames of the fireplace did not warm me to the chill of that mocking inquiry.
‘What am I’, not ‘Who am I’. A question asked in challenge, an attempt to goad me into placing this most recent of improbable events into some sort of perspective, as if a definition from me would give all this madness some type of legitimacy, a solid tangible place in the chaos from what I’ve become to believe the disorder of this universe ultimately is.
I gave him what I wanted to be the most honest answer that I could, but truthfully it was just the first thought which came from my lips. “An abomination” I said, before taking another harsh swig from a bottle of Jack Daniel’s.
His laughter in response, again, provided no aide from the fireplace against its chill.
I could hear the slapping of his little feet upon the hardwood floor. I knew he did not have to make such a sound; he could be as quick and silent as a ghost if he wanted to. That pompous pitter patter was deliberate. Either again to goad me into accepting how real he and this situation were, or a test upon himself, the raw joyous feel of naked flesh to a once disincarnate spirit. The impossible question haunted my mind again…what was he? And even more damning, the first word out of his impish lips which provided the first fatal clue, “Father”.
In an abortion of fate, absent the once meaningful laws of the universe, this abomination was indeed my son.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way    Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Julien's Juice 534 ~ May the bridges I burn light the way
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next