The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown

Go down 
+5
Sheila O
Judge Jane
Nicky Mayfair
Taman
Denovissimus
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown Empty
PostSubject: Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown   Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 3:27 pm

Well you know somewhere some nut believes that, lol

So in short....I've been off work for 16 days, not knowing if or when I'm getting paid, but the great american nightmare seems to be over, word is we return to work tomorrow, but because I was deemed "non-essential" while other "essential's" were called back over a week ago (all of us not getting paid but the insult was felt) I'm not going in tomorrow unless my bosses call me and tell me to come in! Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown 1002320772  Otherwise I expect to return to work on friday! Oh the worries and sorrows of the past 16 days!

Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown 1792775232 

Hoping all of you are well

Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown 1203638460 
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown   Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 3:50 pm

ps...talked to Michele tonight, it was pleasant and we were not at each others throats! lol Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown 1267522852 Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown 1267522852 
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown   Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 4:15 pm

Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown 3450683339 Jesse. At least it will be over. Difficult times indeed. And at least you did not get the boot. I can understand being stinged about not considered as essential but let's face it, many of us are in that position. Nothing falls apart if I am gone for few days and that is actually a good thing. However a week is already bit so and so because there is no real replacement for me. Which is actually pretty bad. One should never be alone with knowledge. That reminds me, I need to do manuals. In case that happens.

Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown 1437168020 

I've started to do yoga at home because there hasn't been classes at the "studio" and my shoulders are already aching. Cats do not help much though, lol Very Happy I reckon that if I do 20-30 minutes everyday at some point, it won't take too much time but it will be enough to help my mobility.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown   Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 4:22 pm

Yeah, fun. Just not perhaps the steady, 'lets build a comfy life' -type which I am. My best friend is a sagi and I think the only reason his bf can stand her ( Very Happy ) is because he is a sag too. And I say this with all my heart, I adore sagittariuses but damn you guys can be annoying. And of course my friend says the same about me. I am a slow moving and boring taurus. Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown 2441794598 They are fucking annoying as well.

Okay going to end this useless horoscope pondering, makes me look all crazy. As crazy as you reptile believing people Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown 872919100 Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown 2271603068
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown   Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 5:41 pm

Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown 1437168020 
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown   Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 3:11 am

Anyone seeing the Carrie remake? It's either that or The Fifth Estate this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown   Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 6:45 am

I 'm not sure if it's out yet over here Carrie....
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown   Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 4:01 pm

LOL...love the title. Hi Jessekins. Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown 3450683339 Welcome home!
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown   Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 4:11 pm

Tons of wet snow. Effing brilliant. My winter tiers are 100 kilometers away and apparently the summer tire pults won't fit the winter tier ones. And I can't even drive to the store to buy them. Loooove winter Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown 2274306131 
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown   Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 3:24 am

I dare not think of that vile stuff yet Anne, I only just turned on the heat last night and that's only because Martin is getting a cold, otherwise I would have let our butts freeze more in the cold lonely nights.

Thanks Sheila!

Decided on Carrie after work, its getting okay reviews, whereas The Fifth Estate is not. I'll see it eventually.

Anyone watch Breaking Bad? I just finished season three on netflix, best season I've watched so far and what a cliffhanger! But now that I'm back at work my viewing will probably slow down.
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown   Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 4:57 am

I'm way behind on my tv viewing.....life is so busy, especially now I'm a student again! Good study day today - boring reading interspersed with having my brows waxed and going to gym for my legs training. Will need to break yet again and eat something soon!

I wanted to clean the flat but not had time yet....will see....

Alondria have you seen freecycle for the Barnsley area on facebook? It's my new addiction, some of the stuff people give away looks ok! I still need bits of furniture...
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown   Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 5:34 am

I'm too sick to do anything this weekend! I'm trying to read" Death in Venice" by Thomas Mann but I can't seem to wrap my Nyquil ridden brain around it. Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown 1792775232 Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown 1792775232 
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown   Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 5:45 am

Hugs Sheila from a safe distance!!

Do you have the kids this weekend or time to yourself?
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown   Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:27 am

I don't think I would ever accept a joint account. However an extra account to handle the bills, would be okay. My folks have that, they move money to it and then pay from there. So you get to have a semi joint account but also your own account.

This is a good idea, Anne. I never thought of that. My husband opened up his own bank account when he first moved in with me. He had it for 2 months but then he closed it because he got mad that when he tried to cash a paycheck. they made him deposit 70% of it and he was only allowed to cash 30%. I told him this is because he is new to the bank and has no history of having a bank account. I can cash 100% of my paycheck if I like, but I have been with this bank for 20 years, that is why. I told him over time when they see that he doesnt overdraft and things like that they would allow him to cash more and more of his paycheck. But he didnt like it so he closed his account and he hasnt had a bank account ever since.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown   Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:28 am

Denovissimus wrote:
ps...talked to Michele tonight, it was pleasant and we were not at each others throats!  lol Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown 1267522852 Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown 1267522852 

we never are when we talk on the phone, lovah!
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown   Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:30 am

Taman wrote:
Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown 3450683339 Jesse. At least it will be over. Difficult times indeed. And at least you did not get the boot. I can understand being stinged about not considered as essential but let's face it, many of us are in that position. Nothing falls apart if I am gone for few days and that is actually a good thing. However a week is already bit so and so because there is no real replacement for me. Which is actually pretty bad. One should never be alone with knowledge. That reminds me, I need to do manuals. In case that happens.

I've started to do yoga at home because there hasn't been classes at the "studio" and my shoulders are already aching. Cats do not help much though, lol Very Happy I reckon that if I do 20-30 minutes everyday at some point, it won't take too much time but it will be enough to help my mobility.

personally, I would rather not be one of the "essential ones" to have to go back to work and not get paid? HELL NO! I would rather not get paid and not work during the shutdown then to have to still work but not get paid.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown   Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:31 am

Denovissimus wrote:
Anyone seeing the Carrie remake?  It's either that or The Fifth Estate this weekend.  
I want to see BOTH of them and I also want to see The Counselor
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown   Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:32 am

Denovissimus wrote:
I dare not think of that vile stuff yet Anne, I only just turned on the heat last night and that's only because Martin is getting a cold, otherwise I would have let our butts freeze more in the cold lonely nights.

Thanks Sheila!  

Decided on Carrie after work, its getting okay reviews, whereas The Fifth Estate is not.  I'll see it eventually.  

Anyone watch Breaking Bad?  I just finished season three on netflix, best season I've watched so far and what a cliffhanger!  But now that I'm back at work my viewing will probably slow down.

it still is unseasonably warm here. It went up to 76 yesterday and last night I slept with the window open, I was hot. I only had to have the heat on for a half of a day, so far. Which is sweet for my electric bill! Hopefully I can keep it off the rest of october.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown   Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:35 am

Judge Jane wrote:
I'm way behind on my tv viewing.....life is so busy, especially now I'm a student again! Good study day today - boring reading interspersed with having my brows waxed and going to gym for my legs training. Will need to break yet again and eat something soon!

I wanted to clean the flat but not had time yet....will see....

Alondria have you seen freecycle for the Barnsley area on facebook? It's my new addiction, some of the stuff people give away looks ok! I still need bits of furniture...

omg 10 years ago when I was a social worker I used freecycle constantly to help find my clients furniture or clothes, that sort of thing. I occasionally gave away things on there too, but mostly I used it for my clients. Be careful with it though, Jane. If you go somewhere to pick up an item, either have them meet you in a shopping store parking lot or if you go to their house, bring cosmin with you. I once went to this guy's house to get some stuff for my client and he was totally creepy and I felt very lucky that he did not make me into a lampshade. Also, dont let people come to your house. I have heard of burglers using the site to go to people's houses to scope out their next score.
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown   Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:58 am

Thanks Michele, good advice. I was thinking of using it for clients too...I have a lonely soul on my mind this weekend and I'm hoping he doesn't do anything desperate....
Back to top Go down
alondrianyx

alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown   Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 9:37 am

FReecycle SEems alrightwE got tHEos bedroom furniture from it and i once helped a lady by giving heradongle for a laptop, she stayed at the door while i got it (sTubid twating tablet!)
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown   Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 8:51 pm

Morning!!!

Does anyone have a spare product key for any version of Microsoft office? I still don't have word on my laptop and need it very soon as have essay due next weekend. It's so expensive to buy it again....
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown   Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 12:22 am

up early on a saturday, only had one beer last night, was tired, which all adds up to two hours at the gym for me this morning! hurray! just going to have some tea and walk the dog
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown   Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 5:40 am

two hours at the gym, then I ate a Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich, some fries, two leftover chinese buffalo wings, and a slice of supreme pizza **burb**
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown   Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 6:54 am

Judge Jane wrote:
Hugs Sheila from a safe distance!!

Do you have the kids this weekend or time to yourself?
No, thank the Gods, they are with their father!!

My sexciting plans for this weekend are.. Sleep, read, drink a Fanta whenever the fancy strikes me and I can raise the energy to go downstairs.

PARTY HARDY AT SHELA'S PLACE!!!Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown 4225072840 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown   Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Julien's Juice 536 ~ Gays and Psychics caused the US Government Shutdown
Page 1 of 16Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next