The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

World news III

Go down 
+7
Denovissimus
Nicky Mayfair
Auntie Maine
Taman
sassycatj
darkeyes80
Judge Jane
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

World news III - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World news III   World news III - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 10:12 am

I read of those brave souls who go that footage of the chemically gassed Syrians are all but one dead
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: World news III   World news III - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 4:31 pm

I don't see this ending well. If you go there guns blazing, you will techinically support one political party (no one is innocent in this) and that leads to very volatile future.

If you do not go, there is a risk (and its already happening) that loads of people will die. But one needs to remember that its civil war and loads of people will always die on those (not being cruel, its just how it goes). And at the end of the day, it really is their job to make it work or to fight it out.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: World news III   World news III - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 12:42 am

That would work. Look at Rwanda; they stepped in too late but, the country worked it out. The difference is; The US will let you believe that, the biggest danger is Assad and the al-Qaida rebels. We should'nt ignore the fact that, oil prices went up, the minute Israel confirmed that an american rocket went up in the Mediteranean(a practice-run....headed east). Expect the prices to go up even higher when the US does attack. So why go in? Oh wait...in Rwanda it was just some africans kiling eachother in a country with no diamonds,gold or, oil. Syria got oil....syria got plenty of oil...and with those prices going up....Then again-do you think it's possible that they're going in to stop the killing. Drop some bombs and get out?
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: World news III   World news III - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 1:21 am

Back to top Go down
alondrianyx

alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: World news III   World news III - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 6:55 am

Very good points in that article
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: World news III   World news III - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 10:39 am

I totally agree. But that would be awfully altruistic. They've never done that before. Again; Rwanda and Bosnia...nothing(at first). Middle east: bombs away!Everytime!
And when the dust settles this time, you can have the Kurds,the army, the rebels AND the fundamentalists fight amongst eachother and weaken Syria's position. US-2(Iraq/Syria) Middle East-0. It's politics; there has to be something more in it than a pat on the back for going in. Shit costs money; they want to see something in return.
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: World news III   World news III - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 7:03 am

Apparently someone (a member of the press, I am assuming, asked John Kerry " What could Syria do to avoid the US bombing it" and Kerry replied" Assad could give up its chemical weapons but there's no way he will do that". So Vladimir Putin has intervened and extracted a promise from Assad, a promise that he will have to keep or lose Russian support, which is crucial to him, to give up all chemical weapons!!

No word yet whether the Americans are going to see reason but I am hopeful that reason will prevail.
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: World news III   World news III - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 11:57 pm

It's picking up steam, we'll see what Obama has to say tonight. I bet Assad got them weapons from Russia to begin with. Why isn't anyone asking where they came from?
Back to top Go down
alondrianyx

alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: World news III   World news III - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 12:30 am

From what i understand syria is accused of buying separate componants from all over and then mixing them
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: World news III   World news III - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 3:54 am

it's the embryonic stages of World War 3!
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: World news III   World news III - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 3:40 am

So...now Obama is "pushing" a diplomatic-tactic and Russia plays "super-nanny". My major concern is that, when you "hit the ground running" with a short but powerful burst of violence; you might get rid of Ass-ad but waht do you get in return? What happens afterwards? how many more death due to a iraqi-style civil war?

This is one for the syrians. But when you look at the bigger picture: If Ass-ad gets removed; you'll have a new hotbed for the Muslim-brotherhood. Syria was run by secular dictatorship. And the west prefers that type of administration over any Irani-style-Intifadah-Khomeini-Nuclear-Powerplant-Brotherhood-nation.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: World news III   World news III - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 7:13 pm

Russia hates gays, that's all I know - 'From Russia with hate!'
Back to top Go down
sassycatj

sassycatj

PostSubject: Re: World news III   World news III - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 4:07 am

Nelsono Mandela died...
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: World news III   World news III - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 1:25 pm

he was like 95? long enough, he lived beyond a well life, it was an exceptional life
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: World news III   World news III - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:19 pm

He had to die sometime... Had been really ill. His achievement was awesome
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: World news III   World news III - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 8:58 am

I can't believe that murderous vixen Amanda Knox gets found guilty TWICE and is refusing to go and serve her time! deport that bitch, and pronto!!
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: World news III   World news III - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 8:15 am

I dont think she is guilty!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World news III   World news III - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World news III
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5