The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Listen Up Everyone!!!!!!

Go down 
+4
Taman
KayL
Judge Jane
LadyMandingo
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Listen Up Everyone!!!!!!   Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 3:39 am

This is veyr important!!!!! There is this couple that I have been friends with for almost 20 years, their names are Roger and Diane. Roger is bout 67 and Diane is about 55 now. I used to wait on them at the first restaurant I worked at. I started talking to them because I found them a little strange but very nice. They dressed very essentric, him especially. I started talking to them alot and they are very interesting people. They have always been swingers and so they had a lot of great, crazy stories. Roger also practices WICCA and he is a psyhic, he does tarot cards.

They used to live very close to my parents. I would often go to their house and visit with them, he would do card readings for me. They never had children so they had a lot of friends around my age who were almost like their adopted children. They moved to south jersey a few years ago which is over an hour away from me so I have not seen them in a long time. But I still call them occasionally. I have not talked to them in about 6 monthso so I called them last night, I wanted to tell them I got married.

what I got instead was Roger telling me some very bad news: a few weeks after the last time I talked to them Diane had very bad pain in her pelvic bone. Went to the hospital and discovered she had stage 4 bone cancer in several places in her body. Immediately started radiation, then went from that to chemo. She had 3 doses of chemo treatments and almost died from the last two. She cant walk, she cant eat right now, he can hardly ever get her to eat anything.

Even though this news is very sad for me, I have to say that I am not surprised she got the cancer. I am not surprised because in the 20 years that I have known them, I have seen many times what they eat and they have always eaten nothing but garbage food. They drink soda constantly, eat tons of cookies and other highly refined junk foods, lots of boxed and packaged foods, they eat out in crappy resturants such as Dennys all the time. In fact they were in Dennys when she felt the pain in her pelvis and had to go to the hospital. Roger has been in poor health the last decade with some mental health issues as well as autoimmune diseases. Honeslty I dont know how he will take care of himself if she dies or never gets better.

I told him last night about Dr Max Gerson who in the 1920's discovered how to cure cancer with nutrition via juicing and coffee enemas. I told him go on youtube right away and look up the gerson therapy and watch all the videos on there, there are many. He said to me "that is really weird that you are telling me this, just a few hours ago one of our neighbors told me exactly the same thing to look up and do the gerson therapy. Luckily he did not seem opposed to it, he did not say I was crzy for saying that maybe they can cure her cancer with juicing. He seemed very open to it. Problem is they dont have a computer or internet. I told him to go over a friends house who does as soon as possible and start watching the videos. I told him he will have to buy a juicer, and he would have to buy sn enema kit and he would have to use only organic whole foods and organic coffee.

And I only found out about gersons therapy a few weeks ago when i was researching coffee enemas. I am glad I found out this information and I could pass it on to him, because it seems like at this point, it is probably the only hope they have.

Why am I sharing this story with you? I am sharing it because I am so tired of the disease creating culture we live in. I am tired that our modern society and modern convienances are making us sick and killing us. I am so tired of people not giving any thought at all to the crap they are filling their bodies with, thinking the processed junk is going to nourish them, or at least not cause any harm. The high rates of disease we have today is not normal. Most autoimmune diseases did not exist 100 years ago. Diabetes used to be very rare. Type 2 diabetes is very preventable and also reversable simply through a high nutrient dense whole food diet.Most digestive disorders were virtually non existent. Without a healthy digestive tract your body will breakdown and your immune system will fail. Cancer only affected 10% of the population 100 and more years ago, now it is almost at 50% which is absurd and is completely enviornmental. We do not have to choose to live and die with cancer. Our bodies are amazing at healing themselves when given the right nutrition and environment. You have to give your body nourishment, put it in an alkaline state, and assist it in getting rid of all the toxins we poison it with.

We are killing ourselves, giving ourselves a poor quality of life in exchange for conveinance. We need to stop being so lazy! And the pharm companies and the food industry want us to be sick and to be addicted to their products so they can make more money off of us!!! But we as the consumers have the power to stop them by simply choosing to not give them our business! And not only are we destroying our bodies everyime we choose to buy the garbage they are selling us, but we are destroying mother earth, as well which will ensure a ver dismal future for the following generations who will have to deal with more sickness than us, more food shortages, more problems.

I am begging all of you, because I love you all so much. Stop the insanity! Stop killing yourself slowly and painfully! Start being proactive in changing our convienance sick culture by changing yourself for the better! Put down the sodas and the energy drinks. Only drink purified water. Stop poisoning yourself with artifical sweeteners. That stuff is way worse for you than real sugar could be, worse for you than saturated fat. Stop eatingproduce laden with pesticides or grown in a lab! Stop eating meat from animals who are sick from living in squallor and who are not fed what they naturally should be eating and pumpd full of hormones. Let go of the stress in your life, problems are only temporary and will work themselves out. Show gratitude and love to our precious gift of mother earth. Give to others in any way you can. Stop consuming so many material things. Spend more time outdoors in nature. Eat a diet full of whole nutrient dense organic foods. Even if you dont like veggies your taste buds will adapt and you will learn to like them. You will adapt in liking water over soda or juices.

Not only will u be curing yourself, but making these changes will have an impact on others, you will do your small part in changing the world view.

thank you all for taking the time to read this, xoxoxoxoxo
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Listen Up Everyone!!!!!!   Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 3:45 am

sory for all the typos, i cut my finger real bad yeserday I have stiches on my left pointer fnger and cant type real well
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Listen Up Everyone!!!!!!   Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 3:49 am

Bless you Michele!!! I don't always agree with you but think you are spot on here.

I felt so much better when I stopped drinking so much coke and started trying to eat better. My diet is so far from perfect but better than it was. I just need to learn to overcome my McDonald's cravings, that is my biggest downfall!
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Listen Up Everyone!!!!!!   Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 4:05 am

thanks jane! the best way is baby steps, make changes a little at a time. That is what I have done. I am still not at the level I want to be at either, it is nearly impossible to stay away from the garbage all the time unless you never leave your house! I just do the best I can and always strive to keep improving!
Back to top Go down
KayL

PostSubject: Re: Listen Up Everyone!!!!!!   Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 5:11 pm

Hi Michelle. I have a rare form of Blood Cancer called Waldenstroms macroglobulanemia, I think that's how it's spelt, anyway, although the doctors aren't really sure what causes my type of lymphoma, there has been a link to farming chemicals but it may also be hereditary. It is incurable but manageable. I finished 6 months of Chemotherapy in January and have very little cancer left in my body at this stage. It won't go away, but it's slow growing.

To cut a long story short, I've been advised by my doctor to  eat organic food as much as possible.

I'm lucky because my cancer can be controlled to a certain extent. My blood will be checked every 3 months and every 6 months I will have a PET scan to pick up any cancer cells no matter how small. When it gets to a point where they are growing too much, I'll have chemo again and so on.

I handled chemo well because I do eat properly, fresh whole foods the majority of the time. I wasn't well, but it's so much easier if you are good to yourself and what you put in your body. Processed food of any kind is generally not good for people.

You can still get cancer no matter how well you eat or how healthy you are, but the better you treat yourself as in healthy foods, organic etc, the easier on your body the treatment will be and with some luck and a stubbornness, you can live to fight another day.

When I was a child, we used to live in a country area, at the back of our house was a large field where they grew all sorts of vegetables. I can remember many a time when we would be playing in the field and crop dusters would fly over spraying what I assume was insecticide, not knowing that it would hurt us.

My brother is fine and healthy, however I have this cancer. Who knows if that was the cause, but it may have been the trigger.

I'm not going to advise anyone how to eat, drink or play, but the less artificial chemicals you expose your body too, the better as far as I'm concerned.

Unfortunately Pollution itself can also cause and have a great impact on cancer and other autoimmune diseases. I'm not sure how in this day and age that can be avoided.
Back to top Go down
KayL

PostSubject: Re: Listen Up Everyone!!!!!!   Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 6:41 pm

Can I just add that I hope that no one I know or ever will know will have to go through what I have, but if you find yourself with a diagnosis of cancer at any stage, fight it, don't accept it as a death sentence. Half of the battle is in the mind. A lot of people hear 'cancer' and just give up.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Listen Up Everyone!!!!!!   Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 1:23 am

hi Kay, thank you for sharing your story, glad that your cancer is very controllable.

you are right, we cannot really avoid environmental pollution in the air and cell phone towers and such which is why I do a lot of cleansing throughout the year. I am a colon hydrotherapist so I give myseld 2-3 colonics per month. A few times a year I do more intense cleansing. For the month of june I gave myself 8 colonics, 3 coffee enema/colonics, a 30 day whole body herbal cleanse, and I drank a greens drink almost everyday. This week I am going to give myself one or 2 more coffee colonics. a few of my clients have requested them so I am trying to perfect my techniques first on myself before trying it on them.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Listen Up Everyone!!!!!!   Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 5:30 pm

Also there are always people who just won't get sick. They can smoke 2 packs of smokes per day, eat shit and still live to be 100. But I agree, much is about food. I know I feel better, when I eat better foods and especially with my colitis and heart burns, I constantly have to think about it.
Back to top Go down
KayL

PostSubject: Re: Listen Up Everyone!!!!!!   Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 6:02 pm

Exactly Taman, some seem as if no matter what they do they are still healthy and that's wonderful for them. I'm at peace with what I have and I certainly am not ready to give in to it. I feel pretty good at the moment, apart from aches and pains which is an after affect of chemo, that will ease though, so apart from that I'm really good. I feel healthy and I feel energetic and I'm making sure I eat good wholesome food.
Back to top Go down
KayL

PostSubject: Re: Listen Up Everyone!!!!!!   Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 6:06 pm

I'm also trying to reduce the stress in my life, which isn't easy, but I'm getting better at relaxing. I'm also considering going and doing an Fine Arts degree. It's something I love and it would get me back into life again. I've been pretty isolated due to this disease and also being a new mum. We've also had to move away from friends etc, so it will be wonderful for me to get out among people other than close family. As much as I love them, I'm ready for some new faces Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! 669037212 
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Listen Up Everyone!!!!!!   Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 6:46 pm

Sounds good! You always had the talent Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! 3753849508  Stress is a huge factor and not being able to slow down. That's why I am doing the whole yoga thing, to silence the constantly racing mind. I need my focus back.

Oh and its okay to call me Anne here, everyone does Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! 717681288 
Back to top Go down
KayL

PostSubject: Re: Listen Up Everyone!!!!!!   Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 6:58 pm

Haha, ok then Ann Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! 3753849508 I should try yoga once this muscle thing settles down. The stretching alone would do me good.
Back to top Go down
sassycatj

sassycatj

PostSubject: Re: Listen Up Everyone!!!!!!   Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 10:12 am

cancer sucks! I hate it and its rampant. Good Lord, thanks michele.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Listen Up Everyone!!!!!!   Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 3:55 am

I can't read any of this because I'm allergic to that foul word!
Back to top Go down
KayL

PostSubject: Re: Listen Up Everyone!!!!!!   Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:13 am

Haha me too Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! 669037212 
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Listen Up Everyone!!!!!!   Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 1:39 pm

I talked to Roger on Sunday. He is the spouse of Diane, the one who is dying. They did not take my advice on the gerson therapy that I gave them 6 weeks ago, but honestly I think she was too far gone for it to save her, anyways. She is on hospice at home. He said she sleeps almost all day and can eat very little. She cant talk and can barely move. It is just a matter of waiting for her to die. Sad

I am so very sad about this. Though again I must stress I am not surprised that she got metastatic cancer, because the two of them have always eaten nothing but crap for decades, but still I just hate this so much for both of them. I wanted to go down and see her on my day off, but Roger was against this idea he said I wouldnt even recognize her nad she wouldnt even know I was there probably. he said it would be so hard on me that it is better not to. But when she does pass, I will go down for the service and then go down again at some point after to spend time with him.

Honestly I dont know how he will go on without her. They had the ideal marriage. Always did everything together. They were each other's world. I am worried he may take his own life.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Listen Up Everyone!!!!!!   Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 1:51 pm

I am currently reading Suzanne Somer's book Knockout which is a wonderful book where she interviews many different doctors who are curing cancer in a variety of nutritional or alternative ways. I think it is a MUST READ for everyone. Especially you, Nicky. I think if you read this book, you will get over your fear of cancer because you know understand that there is a lot you can do to cure or manage cancer and still live a great life with many years and high quality of life!

Also a great website that I am addicted to is www.chrisbeatcancer.com. He successfully cured himself of stage 3 colon cancer 10 years ago alternatively and he posts a ton of blogs and videos telling his story and internviewing doctors and other cancer survivors
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Listen Up Everyone!!!!!!   Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 9:10 pm

don't, you're making it sound like I've got it or something!! by speaking of evil you invoke evil!! I take Carlotta's stance on Lasher as my guide; 'What man? I didn't see any man, did you Millie?'
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Listen Up Everyone!!!!!!   Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 10:49 pm

Nicky wrote:

I can't read any of this because I'm allergic to that foul word!
apparently not; you're still reading and posting in this thread.
And this isn't the first time you said that. Actually, we've read it for years(with intervals, bien sur)

WE KNOW; you hate the word Cancer. But it loses credibility when you say it for years but, keep responding in threads about it. and not by contributing anything new. Rather; you always tell us how much it scares you, followed by "the mere mention of-speech", a couple of " c-word"s and a Carlotta/Mayfair witches-pun to lift the mood, somewhat.

Isn't that just more proof that your fear and disgust is fuelled by nobody but Nicky herself:chuckle: ?
Lasher is fake and terrorizes a fictional family. You're an actual person and terrorize your actual self by perpetuating and feulling your own flames. and that's no quip; it's actual reality.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Listen Up Everyone!!!!!!   Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 11:46 pm

I'm not the one doing the whole 'cancer culture' society we now live in! I loathe it!
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Listen Up Everyone!!!!!!   Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 12:41 pm

Pretending it doesn't exist, or plugging your ears and covering your eyes and saying La la La la La la La does not make it go away. It's a reality.
Back to top Go down
KayL

PostSubject: Re: Listen Up Everyone!!!!!!   Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 1:23 pm

I know, I have cancer, it is under control, but it is and always will be part of my life, however long or short that is. I'm hoping long. I generally don't think about it. It's just a disease like any other. I will do what I have to do to control it.

I think that there are lots of diseases out there that kill people, common things like Asthma is one that comes to mind.

I think lots of things cause lots of diseases that we don't know about but you know, if you stress about it too much you will end up dying of that too. Enjoy your lives and stop worrying about something you can't control, live life, don't think about how your going to leave it.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Listen Up Everyone!!!!!!   Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 5:10 pm

You should be more worried about falling in your bathroom and hitting your head than about cancer, Nicky. Just saying!
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Listen Up Everyone!!!!!!   Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 5:49 pm

Nicky wrote:
I'm not the one doing the whole 'cancer culture' society we now live in! I loathe it!

I knooooow. the subject(your fear and loathing of cancer-not cancer itself) has been touched upon a 'few times' hence, my post :P
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Listen Up Everyone!!!!!!   Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 6:19 pm

Denovissimus wrote:
Pretending it doesn't exist, or plugging your ears and covering your eyes and saying La la La la La la La does not make it go away.  It's a reality.  
when ppl say that to me I always say back, 'Well having a shit is a reality - would you like me to fill you in on all the details of my dump this morning?' and they'll of course refuse and so I'll add, 'Well there you go - you don't wish to hear about my shit and I don't wish to see that foul word on every shop front, bus-shelter etc; you think it's distasteful for me to talk about my dumps and I feel the same about that illness. It achieves nothing by forcing it down everyone's throat.' and if anyone says it's all about spreading awareness, well that's one of the more vicious lies that the charities will reel off to make you give them your cash - I've talked about it with my parents and my mum said we all knew what it was in the 60s; I checked my breasts in the 60s, cervical etc. And my parents knew what it was in the 40s. But people forget, and the charities play on that. They hope you forget so you can line their pockets, and yet somehow...STILL NO CURE. WHAT A SURPRISE.

But that's alright, I'm sure they'll find one one day, as long as you keep giving them your lovely money!!! lovely money!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Listen Up Everyone!!!!!!   Listen Up Everyone!!!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Listen Up Everyone!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Garden District :: 1239 First Street :: The double parlour-
Jump to: