The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Things that are cool about this forum...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

Things that are cool about this forum... Empty
PostSubject: Things that are cool about this forum...   Things that are cool about this forum... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:43 am

Please add to my list!

Any negatives can go in the welcome to this forum thread but I'm trying to still learn about what there is so if you discover something cool post it here!!!

1. It is quick to upload

2. Even though there is a weird screen after you post, it soon disappears and is still quicker than yuku was at times

3. There is a special version that can be used when on your mobile phone

4. From an admin point of view it is a dream....and there are stats for everything!

5. Top 20 posters list is already there at the bottom right of the forum!

6. Ad free is so cheap I can easily afford it with no contributions necessary

Erm...that's it for now!
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Things that are cool about this forum...   Things that are cool about this forum... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 10:49 am

hurray for number 3!!
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Things that are cool about this forum...   Things that are cool about this forum... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:02 pm

well Jane I was able to log on with my mobile, but couldn't find how to post in the mobile version, and then in the classic version (which is just the regular view as is like now) I can find how to post but the entire site kept closing on me before I could finish! It's HIM!!!!

Things that are cool about this forum... 3374713402 <----------- Things that are cool about this forum... 3283625776
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Things that are cool about this forum...   Things that are cool about this forum... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:18 pm

It seems to work. Thanks Jane for all your hard work Things that are cool about this forum... 949469974
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Things that are cool about this forum...   Things that are cool about this forum... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 10:10 pm

there are some things I'm not keen on, however! I want the 'who's online' to be at the top 'coz that's the first thing I usually look at, also I'd like to see how many people have been on during the day, that was at the top on Yuku too
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Things that are cool about this forum...   Things that are cool about this forum... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 9:34 am

Denovissimus wrote:
well Jane I was able to log on with my mobile, but couldn't find how to post in the mobile version, and then in the classic version (which is just the regular view as is like now) I can find how to post but the entire site kept closing on me before I could finish! It's HIM!!!!

Things that are cool about this forum... 3374713402 <----------- Things that are cool about this forum... 3283625776

I must admit I prefer the normal layout on my phone, I haven't had any problems posting on it. I daren't not add the lad emote to this forum!! Things that are cool about this forum... 3374713402
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Things that are cool about this forum...   Things that are cool about this forum... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 9:37 am

Nicky Mayfair wrote:
there are some things I'm not keen on, however! I want the 'who's online' to be at the top 'coz that's the first thing I usually look at, also I'd like to see how many people have been on during the day, that was at the top on Yuku too

Scrolling down takes 1 second!!!

I am working on it but at the moment I can only see how the whole box can be moved, and it has more info in it than just who's online so it would look ugly at the top.

Although there is every statistic known to man on this forum there is no data for how many people visit the site. I never checked that stat on the old forum so I don't miss it!
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Things that are cool about this forum...   Things that are cool about this forum... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:12 pm

Jane got this message when I was copying stuff over into the Presidential Election thread:

New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Things that are cool about this forum...   Things that are cool about this forum... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 3:04 pm

Judge Jane wrote:
Denovissimus wrote:

I must admit I prefer the normal layout on my phone, I haven't had any problems posting on it. I daren't not add the lad emote to this forum!! Things that are cool about this forum... 3374713402

no surprise that that is the first thing you look at, Nicky!!! Things that are cool about this forum... 2271603068
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Things that are cool about this forum...   Things that are cool about this forum... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 7:27 pm

Jesse I'll disable that feature, if I can from my phone. If not I'll do it later.

Everyone!!! The quote button is at the top of the post you want to quote!
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Things that are cool about this forum...   Things that are cool about this forum... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 8:46 pm

LadyMandingo wrote:
Judge Jane wrote:
Denovissimus wrote:

no surprise that that is the first thing you look at, Nicky!!! Things that are cool about this forum... 2271603068

why is that no surprise?!
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Things that are cool about this forum...   Things that are cool about this forum... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 4:16 am

Michele quoted the wrong thing, she meant no surprise that te first thing you check is how many visitors we've had!

Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Things that are cool about this forum...   Things that are cool about this forum... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:59 am

I can change your avatars!!!!!!

Rest assured I will only do this to people who haven't uploaded one yet!
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Things that are cool about this forum...   Things that are cool about this forum... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:09 am

The red hoodie at the bottom of the post - I can change the image to anything I like, but not sure what!

Something representative of your profile....
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Things that are cool about this forum...   Things that are cool about this forum... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 10:12 pm

what is it for anyway?
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Things that are cool about this forum...   Things that are cool about this forum... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 7:28 am

It's gone now anyway, must be theme specific. Now it's the box that says profile. It links to your profile!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things that are cool about this forum...   Things that are cool about this forum... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Things that are cool about this forum...
Page 1 of 1