The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Whitney Houston dies

Go down 
+5
Sheila O
darkeyes80
Taman
sassycatj
Nicky Mayfair
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

Whitney Houston dies Empty
PostSubject: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 8:11 pm

fave song - I wanna dance with somebody (who loves me)

I blame Bobby Brown :evil:
Back to top Go down
sassycatj

sassycatj

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 3:07 am

Like Robert De Niro said in a Bronx Tale.."The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 4:51 am

I thought she was getting better. So sad.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 7:53 am

It's so easy to blame others for someone's addiction. I remember watching the Oprah-interview and the one thing that stood out for me was that she never took ownership for her addiction.

Latest rumours are that she went to a celebrity-do. Had a lil' too much to drink. Then took her daily dossage of prescribed medicine, took a bath and drowned.
my favorite: "You give good love"
Sad. She will always be THE VOICE of a generation for me. She paved the way for artists like Mariah, Xtina....you know; the BELTERS. But nobody could belt like Nippy! RIP. Poor Bobbi-Kristina...to lose your mother at such a young age
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 12:17 pm

It is a bit of a shock even though it shouldn't be as I was pretty sure she had not really come clean. Very sad indeed especially since she had kids. And with such talent and beauty and wealth and presumably everything to live for, wtf?I wonder why she needed all that booze and pills. Anyway they are having to do a last minute change to the Grammy awards ceremonies to honour her and will be having the performers sing Whitney songs instead of whatever they originally had planned.I wonder how they will fare. Not everyone can cover a Whitney Houston song! She really did have incredible power and range.

Fave song? "I will always love you". Not really my kind of music but I do always love that one.
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 12:34 pm

Nice that a banner has been done for her here.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 7:59 pm

those stars paying homage to her at the Grammy make me sick, they were the ones ripping the piss out of her for being a crackhead a couple of years back
Back to top Go down
sassycatj

sassycatj

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 1:43 am

which stars Nicky?
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 1:48 am

dunno, but most of them! that's what the media are saying here anyway
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 2:47 am

"Dunno but, thats what the media here are saying anyway." Not much of an endorsement....
Maybe your media should do some fact-checking:P Brandy and Monica refused to go on, J-Hudson has never called whitney out for a crack-head and has always been poistive about Houston in the media. I mean at the end of the day; a legend has died, but, she was also a drug-addict. I don't think that people should elevate her to sainthood on acount of her passing. Judge her by her body of work.There is nothing we can say about whitney as a mother, a person, a wife, a daughter, whatever. Unless she was a friend of yours.Addiction is a pretty nasty disease and too often people judge too quickly."She had it all, she had money, she had kids.." pffff. Are you addicted to crack? hm?

I still laugh my ass off when i watch Kathy Griffin taking the piss out Whitney or, the SNL-skits OR the infamous interview with Diane Sawyer. and i also listn to " Good love" and " I will always love you" and aknowledge her as the VOICE of a generation-all at the same time. Why? because I'm NOT a hypocrite. I'm just honest and see it for what it is. just like Michael.

Nippy was an imperfect angel. If there is a heaven; I can already see her whipping the celestial choirs into shape.

"Come on now!turn it up, bitch, turn it UP!Let's do some REAL singin' hey you; yeah you with the wings; Did I tell you youcould start singing. there's a diva up in this muthafuckah and she's ready to sing forever!"
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 9:24 pm

they're fighting over where she's to be buried, apparently; poor Whitney
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 7:24 am

The tribute Jennifer Hudson did for her literally brought tears to my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 10:26 am

Me too Sheila.
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 11:09 am

Whitney Houston To Be Buried Next to Her Dad

Whitney Houston will be laid to rest in the plot right next to her fathers grave at the Fairview Cemetery in Westfield, New Jersey
Whitney Houston will be laid to rest in the plot right next to her father's grave at the Fairview Cemetery in Westfield, New Jersey ... multiple Houston family sources tell TMZ.

According to Whitney's official death certificate, Houston will be buried Saturday at Fairview ... and sources tell TMZ, the decision was made because Whitney WANTED to be laid to rest next to her dad.

Whitney's father, John Russell Houston Jr., died in 2003 ... and as you can see from the above photo there is plenty of space next to his plot for Whitney's tombstone.
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 11:14 am

Whitney's Family to Bobby Brown Keep Your Mitts Off Your Ex-Wife's Fortune!

Cissy Houston is aggressively trying to block Bobby Brown from getting close to 18-year-old Bobbi Kristina
Bobby Brown is about to make a money grab by leeching onto his daughter, the sole heir to Whitney Houston's fortune -- at least that's what Whitney's mom and other family members believe.

Family sources tell TMZ ... Cissy Houston is aggressively trying to block Bobby from getting close to 18-year-old Bobbi Kristina, fearing it's just a ploy to line his pockets.

The family is convinced ... Bobby is broke, and he's making a play for his daughter's affection to latch on to what could be an estate worth around $20 million, and that figure could double by the end of this year.

As TMZ first reported ... Bobby tried to visit his daughter earlier this week, but the family shut him down.

We're told friends of the Houston family have already contacted Bobby and warned him he is persona non grata at Whitney's funeral and in Bobbi Kristina's life.

There's a lot of bad blood between Whitney's family and Bobby Brown, because they believe he was the driving negative force in her life that led her down the substance abuse path. They also believe he's largely responsible for Bobbi Kristina's drug and alcohol struggles.

As for Bobby Brown ... people in his camp tell TMZ, he's well aware of the family's animosity toward him and wants to bury the hatchet for the sake of his daughter.
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 11:15 am

Whitney Houston Private Viewing Set for TOMORROW

0211_whitney_houston_GETTY_ex3Whitney Houston's family has scheduled a private viewing for tomorrow at the funeral home where the singer's body is currently being held ... TMZ has learned.

Sources tell TMZ, the viewing at Whigham Funeral home in Newark, New Jersey is invite only ... with an EXTREMELY tight guest list.

We're told Bobbi Kristina will be there -- it will be the first time she's seen her mother since she passed.

Sources say the family wanted to have a special moment together without cameras around ... and that's why the decision was made to have a viewing the day before the funeral.

TMZ broke the story ... Bobbi tried to get into her mother's Beverly Hilton hotel room the day she died -- but was denied access by law enforcement.

Whitney's funeral is still scheduled for Saturday at the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark.
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 11:36 am

Whitney Houston Had Premonition About Death

0214_whitney_singing_EX-023
Whitney Houston told friends she "really wanted to see Jesus" in the days before her death ... and claimed she had a feeling the end was near for her ... this according to several of Whitney's friends.

TMZ has learned ... Whitney had been very spiritual in her final days ... quoting the bible, singing hymns and engaging in intense conversations about Jesus Christ and the afterlife with her close friends and family members.

We're told .... on Friday , one day after she performed, "Yes Jesus Loves Me" at Tru nightclub in Hollywood, Whitney told one of her friends, "I'm gonna go see Jesus ... I want to see Jesus."

The next morning, hours before her death, Whitney was discussing a bible passage involving John the Baptist and Jesus ... when Houston flashed a big smile and remarked, "You know, he's so cool ... I really want to see that Jesus."

Another source tells us ... Whitney had been telling friends she "felt like her time was coming" ... and wanted to make sure she spent her time praising her lord and savior whenever she could.

Unfortunately, Whitney's premonition came true.
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 6:49 am

The more I think about that last story I posed the more I wonder if she did commit suicide.
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 10:00 am

You could view her drug-misuse a kind of slow suicide, but yeh if true that is thought provoking. Like people know when it is their time.

Are they still saying they don't know cause of death yet? Or is it just not public knowledge?
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:11 am

Yes i watched all four hours of her funeral.
Four hours!!! Whitney Houston dies 1792775232
Kevin Costner made me cry.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:52 am

‎"Dont make me close, one more door. I dont wanna hurt anymore. Stay in my arms, if you dare. Must I imagine, you there. Dont walk away from me, dont walk away from me, dont you dare walk away from me, I have nothing, nothing, nothing, if I dont have yooooooouuuuuuu
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:56 am

some people do seem to know when their time is coming, I think some people have a stronger intuitive sense and can feel it whereas other people cant
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:46 am

Some people commit suicide
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:48 am

For some reason I'm not "feeling" it. Not like with Amy or MJ.

Whitney's death did'nt get a lot of coverage, here. Again-not like with Amy and MJ. Which is why I stopped watching it. I mean; you can't watch it out of boredom; it's not a movie or a reality show; it's a famous persons' funeral.With REAL grieving familymembers and friends. So i turned on the tv and watched a movie.

I wonder if media coverage has anything to do with collective grief. Would I have "felt" it more if reports on her death were dominating the dutch media?

Oh well. Whoever she was to anyone; the star,the voice, a source of amusement/ridicule, a bitch, a friend, a boss, a mom, a druggie, a daughter; i'm happy for all the images and sounds she leaves behind.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 2:01 pm

the bodyguard is one of the best soundtracks of all time. I remember when I was like 15 me and my bestie listening to it in her room over and over and over and over again, trying our hardest to sing it just like Whitney. lol

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whitney Houston dies
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Garden District :: 1239 First Street :: The double parlour-
Jump to: