The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Whitney Houston dies

Go down 
+5
Sheila O
darkeyes80
Taman
sassycatj
Nicky Mayfair
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

Whitney Houston dies - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:56 am

Oh I didn't know big momma was out partying like that! Something definitely up there
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 9:10 pm

I did'nt read it. It was on one of those showbizz gossip tv-shows. They did expressivey say that it is a rumour. Then they showed Whitney at the Beverly looking...a bit drunk or, just really, really happy to be watching Madonna.

and then some guy who claimed he sold her 4000 dollars' worth of coke a week before she died. He was wearing a hoodie and shades. But, I reckon that to be a fake or, footage from a couple of years ago. The guy was saying stuff like;"I sell it and it's their responsibility...blah blah" He looked like a poor version of Eminem and a fake.
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:23 am

Actually there is footage of her watching the game and she didn't have any alcoholic drinks. Yes she did get quite excited about Madonna.
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:36 pm

Just cause there was no footage of her drinking doesn't mean she wasn't, or sniffing either!
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:42 pm

I know!
this is just my own observation. But, wasn't it weird how she sang along with "vogue", clapping her hands and then waving them around a bit and then laughing and sort of hanging her head and bobbing it up and down...and she was the only one in the room making such a noise. the other people were just watching. i think it took 'till halftime before the happy pills kicked in. by the time she left for her room people present have been telling the press that, she definately had some drinks and appeared intoxicated but, not plastered.just tipsy. that lil' bit of alcohol and the alleged pills might have done her in? she was an addict after all.

Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 2:09 pm

NEW YORK (AP) — Aretha Franklin says Cissy Houston raised her daughter Whitney Houston well — and that an interview where Franklin said parents need to make sure children "leave home prepared" was taken out of context.

Franklin released a statement Wednesday, four days after Houston's funeral. She was expected to sing at the funeral in Newark, N.J., Houston's hometown, but bowed out because of leg spasms she said she suffered after a concert at Radio City Music Hall the night before. She performed again at Radio City the night of Houston's funeral, and paid tribute to Houston as "a very fine young lady."

In an interview about Houston on NBC's "Today" show last week, Al Roker asked Franklin about Houston's superstardom.

Franklin said: "I think parents have to really talk to their children before they leave home ... (that they) leave home prepared, really. She left home with all the right things."

After Franklin didn't attend the funeral, there were some reports that Houston's mother was upset over Franklin's comments and that Franklin was uninvited, a charge Franklin denies.

"Cissy Houston and I have been longtime friends for almost 50 years. I have four invitations and parking passes that were sent to me for the funeral," Franklin said. "Cissy does not need ridiculous speculation and neither do I — particularly at this time."

Franklin also said her full statement — "This is no reflection on Cissy or Nippy's upbringing," using a nickname for Houston — wasn't aired (a request for comment wasn't immediately returned by the "Today" show).

"Knowing Cissy as well as I do, I know Whitney left home right and properly. I was generalizing and it was a well-intended statement for any young adult coming into the music industry," she said. "I was not speaking of anyone specifically. "

Houston had fought substance abuse for years. She was found dead in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif., on Feb. 11, the day before the Grammy Awards. A cause of death has yet to be determined.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 2:54 am

"Cissy does not need ridiculous speculation and neither do I — particularly at this time."

You go, Aretha! I hope she'll never explain why she wasn't there!
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 4:02 am

I saw something the other night about the whole tragic thing and apparently it had long been a concern of her staff that she NOT be left alone to take baths as she frequently passed out in them. How high do you have to be not to wake up when you are drowning?! I also heard toxicology report includes coke, lethal amounts of booze, painkillers and xanax. Poor lady. And then I saw footage of her interviews with Diane Sawyer among others where she is saying how she a child of Jesus and how Jesus loves her. It depressed me. Where the fuck was Jesus when she drowned in her tub leaving her poor little girl to flounder without her? Sad I don't know why because I was never a big Whitney fan or even particularly interested in her but this celeb death has actually made me shed tears. It's just so goddamned tragic and unneccesary. And probably because she was a mother too and her kid is left motherless and apparently they were mutually devoted...like me and my little girl.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 4:14 am

I think it's difficult for people to admid that their idol was a druggie and that drugs probably killed her. it's the same as with amy winehouse. i was telling myself that Amy died because she quit the booze in the wrong manner. I'm a big Amy fan.And then it turned out that, she had been binging and drank herself to death.Which sounded a lot more plausible.

Everytime someone inflicts death upon themselves I can't help but think:" Wow...life must have been pretty fucking unbearable for you" regardless of what people might think about suicide i can't help but wonder what kind of pain you must be going through. I thought i was going through the worst of the worst back in 2010 and was pretty close. but, to actually be WANTING to die-wanting to go to Jesus in Whitney's case;That's it, right? You're gonna go. *shudders*
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 4:15 am

"I wish we had a sassy, snapping black lady emote" lol Rodney.

Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 4:19 am

I loved Amy too. I tend to feel an affinity for wounded people.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 4:30 am

Well there is a reason why those artists speak to you through their music. It's almost as if they translate the pain you feel into their work. It creates an imaginary bond. or, in your case: you can identify with a mother. and when her sorrow is overshadows her love for her child-that's sad. Amy's work (particularly Back to black)really spoke to me.
Whitney is a whole other ballgame for me. I recognize her as THE voice, I was a "fan" but, not a HUUGE fan. And sure; i laughed at her Diane Sawyer interview when i saw it(I was high, myself:p) and the crooked wigs- same thing with Amy. But, really; I laughed because I recognize so much. It's kind of a mirthless laugh. It's very healing.:P
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:52 am

I listen to Back To Black all the time in the car. I love to sing "what kind of fuckery is this" Whitney Houston dies - Page 3 2271603068
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 10:37 am

I love that one, too! i mean; I love every song but, this is one is one of the more"assertive" songs" and it's just fun to say "fuckery"

Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 10:39 am

Is is fun to say fuckery. one of those Mary Poppins kind of words. Whitney Houston dies - Page 3 2335345769
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 10:43 am

fuckeryexpialadocious
I love how she contradicts herself.
" What kind of fuckery are we? nowadays, you don't mean dick to me....I might let you make it up to me, Who's playing Saturday?"

lol. girl can't help but be in love.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 10:43 am

A spoonfull of fuckery helps the medicine go down...
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 10:44 am

Whitney Houston dies - Page 3 655815438
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 6:29 am

apparently Whitney has a new film out - Sparkle - or something later in the year
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 1:22 am

I saw the trailer...don't know what to expect. all I know is; is that she'd been working on this project for years and years. and would you believe it; the movie gets approved and shooting finished just in time for Whitney's funeral and sure to make a lot of money for Bobbi K.

Poor kid. Is it weird that I'm sadder for Bobbi K's loss rather than Whitney Houston-"death of a superstar"?
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 1:59 pm

hopefully her daughter doesnt make her life a tragic E Hollywood Story. I hear she already is into drugs and wants to marry her step brother, or something like that? There isnt much hope for that poor girl but hopefully she can turn it around
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:01 pm

again, I blame Bobby Brown!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whitney Houston dies   Whitney Houston dies - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whitney Houston dies
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Garden District :: 1239 First Street :: The double parlour-
Jump to: