The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

X-Men's gay wedding causes waves!

Go down 
+4
Auntie Maine
LadyMandingo
darkeyes80
Nicky Mayfair
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

X-Men's gay wedding causes waves! Empty
PostSubject: X-Men's gay wedding causes waves!   X-Men's gay wedding causes waves! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 12:29 am

Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: X-Men's gay wedding causes waves!   X-Men's gay wedding causes waves! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:04 am

I saw that banner and thought: Those FAGGOTS!

It's so contrived. Remember when marriage became legal to all dutch citizens? There was an item about on the news and the next day people went back to work.

This is like:LOOK! EVEN THE SUPERHEROES HAVE GAY FRIENDS!LOOK AT US BEING GAY FRIENDLY AND OUT! CAN YOU SEE? AND IF YOU ARE AGAINST IT OR EVEN SLIGHTLY ANNOYED OR "NOT FEELING IT"; YOU'RE A FUCKING HOMOPHOBE AND NEED TO BE DESTROYED!
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: X-Men's gay wedding causes waves!   X-Men's gay wedding causes waves! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:07 am

lol, Rodney.

That is what the POTUS is trying to make people feel. If you dont support the reelection of the heinous war monger then you must hate gay people and be against gay marriage. Even though he has said that he has no intentions of legalizing gay marriage and he thinks it is a state issue.
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: X-Men's gay wedding causes waves!   X-Men's gay wedding causes waves! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:16 am

War monger? First of all it is warmonger, not war monger. What war did he start?
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: X-Men's gay wedding causes waves!   X-Men's gay wedding causes waves! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:19 am

what wars has he continued??????? not to mention getting involved in Lybia, wants to start a war with Iran, wants to help Israel. Hillary wants us to go to war with Syria.

Dont you remember he said he was going to end the wars when he got into office? If the wars in Iraq and Afganistan were not over within his first 16 monthe, he would not run for reelection?

I know, it is hard to remember all the bullshit he said during his first campaign because there was just so much of it! Lots of shoveling
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: X-Men's gay wedding causes waves!   X-Men's gay wedding causes waves! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:20 am

I do not remember Mr. Obama advocating, endorsing or precipitating any war going on now. The President he beat to became president yes, Mr. Obama no. Get your facts right.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: X-Men's gay wedding causes waves!   X-Men's gay wedding causes waves! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:23 am

Dan, he has not ended the wars in the middle east. He could have brought all the troops home his first day in office. Secondly, he did not shut down Guantanamo Bay like he said he would. He is still torturing people there. thirdly, he has assasinated more american citizens without due process with drones than Bush did. Fourthly, he signed NDAA and put it into law. the man has just as much if not more blood on his hands than George Bush. They are all war criminals and should be tried as such.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: X-Men's gay wedding causes waves!   X-Men's gay wedding causes waves! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:26 am

keeping the wars going is perpetuating and advocating wars. The war in afganistan has no end in sight. He is picking fights with Iran and threatening war with iran. He hasnt forced congress to pass a budget, cause in order to pass a budget military spending would have to be drastically cut.
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: X-Men's gay wedding causes waves!   X-Men's gay wedding causes waves! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:26 am

We are not at war with Libya.

We are not at war with Iran.

We are not at war with Syria.

On October 21, 2011, President Obama announced that all U.S. troops and trainers would leave Iraq by the end of the year, bringing the U.S. mission in Iraq to an end. On December 15, 2011, U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta officially declared the Iraq War over, at a flag lowering ceremony in Baghdad. The last U.S. troops left Iraqi territory on December 18, 2011 at 4:27 UTC.
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: X-Men's gay wedding causes waves!   X-Men's gay wedding causes waves! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:29 am

You confuse the office of the President of the United States of America with a dictators office. He can not do these things on his own. The bipartisanship in this country is the holdup. Too many Republicans are making exorbitant amounts of money for them to want to stop it.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: X-Men's gay wedding causes waves!   X-Men's gay wedding causes waves! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:30 am

What is POTUS?
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: X-Men's gay wedding causes waves!   X-Men's gay wedding causes waves! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:31 am

President of the Unites States of America
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: X-Men's gay wedding causes waves!   X-Men's gay wedding causes waves! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:39 am

HEY! back on topic people! Dan, I'm surprised at you taking Michele's bait!
Michele....honestly, nobody is going to agree with you; broken record

There's a thread for the american election race and Michele's Obama-bashing!

Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: X-Men's gay wedding causes waves!   X-Men's gay wedding causes waves! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 2:04 am

don't you agree with this X-Men gay wedding though, Rodney?
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: X-Men's gay wedding causes waves!   X-Men's gay wedding causes waves! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 2:30 am

No. I'm against it. It's tooooo...contrived. I can't find another word for it! it's like the writers were like; let's get TOPICAL. And all those superheroes standing on the side with smiles on their faces; I'm sorry to use "our" word as a pejorative but; that comic-cover looks gay. what it does; its "sparks" opinion-forming. and while i'm all for making people think; i think people can think for themselves on most things. comic books are meant to escape from reality-not to get all fucking self-righteous and topical..."oh look at them being cute and gay and totally okay". Any weddings between heterosexual superheroes that got this much attention? Equality is not reached by SCREAMING equality; it's to fucking LIVE that life of equality in the real world in order to focus on more pressing matters.

This is the equivalent of a white person saying: "Well, i have a black neighbour and I thnk they are great! i even said 'hello' to him this morning and he did not shoot me. I'm going to write a book about it"

I'm sure that issue sold like gangbusters. because people like issues and have a "wellinformed"-opinion about it. so what do you do? You draw two homos getting married in a very macho-setting and slap them on the cover of a macho-comic. That'll send tongues wagging and wallets flapping!(I made that up hahaha)

And stop calling it "gay marriage"! it's not a form of marriage especially for gay people! it's legal marriage under the law!The same goes for everyone else.
another thing: They did not "cause" waves. They "made" waves themselves. and I ain't riding em!
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: X-Men's gay wedding causes waves!   X-Men's gay wedding causes waves! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 2:30 am

But, let me tell you what I REALLY think :P
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: X-Men's gay wedding causes waves!   X-Men's gay wedding causes waves! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 2:35 am

Bringing in gay characters for the sake of creating gay characters is lame. And also so 2000.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: X-Men's gay wedding causes waves!   X-Men's gay wedding causes waves! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 2:37 am

THANK YOU! it would've been different if you had characters who just "happen" to be gay. But, in this day and age; i can smell a set-up from a mile away. i think it's shit.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: X-Men's gay wedding causes waves!   X-Men's gay wedding causes waves! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 7:08 am

Northstar was the first ever gay character in comics tho, so his sexuality is hardly contrived and it's therefore a natural progression; he's been going out with this guy in the comics for years, so...
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: X-Men's gay wedding causes waves!   X-Men's gay wedding causes waves! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 7:36 am

darkeyes80 wrote:
HEY! back on topic people! Dan, I'm surprised at you taking Michele's bait!
Michele....honestly, nobody is going to agree with you; broken record

There's a thread for the american election race and Michele's Obama-bashing!

Are you fucking kidding me? I bitch about keeping on topic here more than anyone!!!! X-Men's gay wedding causes waves! 3814707160
It really is my biggest pet peeve about this place.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: X-Men's gay wedding causes waves!   X-Men's gay wedding causes waves! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 7:48 am

No, nicky. there is nothing contrived about that cover. at all....marriage for gays is not an issue in the country of production. the fact that, you call it "gay-wedding" says enough. I gave my reasons for not liking it and I stand by it!
The gay Northman could've gotten married without it being splashed across the cover. i haven't seen that many wedding-covers for straight superheroes? It's an issue! stop pretending that it's not. it would'nt have been a banner or, a topic if it wasn't an issue to you.
Quote :

Are you fucking kidding me? I bitch about keeping on topic here more than anyone!!!!
Exactly! practice what you preach, bitch!That's why i picked on you and because it started that whole Michele hates Obama and his support for "gay marriage(hate the term)"-thing. Which actually, proves my point.

Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: X-Men's gay wedding causes waves!   X-Men's gay wedding causes waves! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 7:55 am

The reason I don't enforce those kind of rules about keeping on topic is that's what other forums do, sometimes incredibly strictly. Some admin and moderators become ego-maniacs and obsessed with keeping order!

In real life conversations wonder and you often say "how did we start talking about this?" I think that stifling conversations is wrong, I let them naturally flow and progress. Then you usually get the most honest and interesting conversations.

But I'm with you on keeping politics in the politics thread!!!

Dan and anyone - if there are things that really annoy you about the forum just start a thread about it and we can discuss!!
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: X-Men's gay wedding causes waves!   X-Men's gay wedding causes waves! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 9:20 am

The only reason i said anything is because the Michele vs. democrats discussion is endless and it never really changes. i enjoy it, certainly but, it has it's place. I'm all for "digressing" but when off-topic replies start to overpower on topic-replies...esp. with chewed out discussions as Michele vs. everything obama.

And Dan "emote-giggled" so I'm sure he knows I also said it in jest.

Why start a thread about stuff that annoys us. can't we just bitch and moan behind eachothers backs like, well mannered people? X-Men's gay wedding causes waves! 2271603068

*pssssst *Jane! Don't tell anyone else; but, I really think Michele is one hot sexy bitch*
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: X-Men's gay wedding causes waves!   X-Men's gay wedding causes waves! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 10:08 am

If Michele presented an original well presented thought against Obama I could respect it, but she regurgitates propaganda and I won't stop slagging off on her until she S'sTFU in any thread! X-Men's gay wedding causes waves! 1002320772

And really we are just handful here, no need to restrict topic conversations.

As for this X-men stuff, unfortunately this is America we are talking about, so yes it is needed as a reminder to lame brains that its okay to accept different ways. I don't like that we have to but we are still in a cultural battle over here and it makes its way into our politics. Whatever and whereever messages of acceptance can be spread will make it better in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: X-Men's gay wedding causes waves!   X-Men's gay wedding causes waves! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 3:19 pm

It can also backfire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: X-Men's gay wedding causes waves!   X-Men's gay wedding causes waves! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

X-Men's gay wedding causes waves!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next