The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor   Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 5:20 am

mediocre and forgettable - Jane and I had far more fun watching a classic story from 1988 this weekend
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor   Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 5:40 am

Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor - Page 2 1762530889
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor   Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:32 am

Why aren't we discussing the seeming slow dark turn the doctor is taking? Last week he set up the pirate to get blown up and this time he almost let's the gunslinger kill that other doctor. Granted the doctor had good reasons, but even in Family of Blood when we saw a vengeful doctor he didn't kill his adversaries
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor   Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:38 am

there'll be some sort of redemption for him via the impending loss of Amy and Roay, I'm sure
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor   Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:48 am

I wonder if one or both will die though, who was the last companion to die? They've played with a Rory death two seasons ago, less impact if he dies. Maybe Amy dies in a way which makes that redemptive compassion reenter the doctor again? I do hope we see more of this dark side of the doctor in the next ep, it has to play in Amy and Rory's exit
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor   Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 7:04 am

last companion to die was Adric, way back in 1982, he diverted a freighter the Cybermen had filled with explosives so it crashed into the Earth in the past, and ended up being the meteorite that killed the dinosaurs; they played the credits silent for him!
Back to top Go down
alondrianyx

alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor   Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 7:12 am

doesn't captain jack count? :p
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor   Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 7:28 am

nah!
Back to top Go down
alondrianyx

alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor   Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 7:35 am

lol
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor   Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 7:47 am

It seems this has played out before, the doctor losing control of himself and then Donna brought him back to his normal pacifist self.

Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor   Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 8:30 pm

average and forgettable - another triumph of modern style and world-weary know-it-all cynicism over substance. Thank god for classic Who, cheap effects yes, but cracking fun and with stories with actual *shockgasp* plots!!!

Last edited by Nicky Mayfair on Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor   Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 3:23 am

who was the UNIT scientist chick's father to the Doctor? former companion?

too much foreshadowing of the Amy and Rory departure, I think the show has already ruined their exit by removing any sort of shock or emotion cause we are all expecting it now

as for this episode, all that buildup just to have a quick five minute resolution? that really blew
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor   Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 3:26 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigadier_Lethbridge-Stewart

he was her dad, one of the Doctor Who greats
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor   Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 3:52 am

Interesting

I hate when the Doctor encounters UNIT and there is never any mention of Martha!
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor   Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:35 am

Martha?! some of us are waiting to hear a mention of Sgt. Benton and Captain Yates!
Back to top Go down
StevieF

StevieF

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor   Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:59 am

Denovissimus wrote:

as for this episode, all that buildup just to have a quick five minute resolution? that really blew

Completely agree. The build up was good with the cubes and I was enjoying it until the simple sonic screwdriver fix and it was over.
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor   Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 2:52 am

was the villian in this story new or a part of established canon?
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor   Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 3:15 am

new - and a criminal waste of someone of Steven Berkoff's calibre to spend five minutes onscreen as a hologram

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Berkoff
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor   Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 5:04 am

Victor Maitland in Beverly Hills Cop! What a funny ass scene where Eddie Murphy tries to get into the private club where Maitland is dining and he acts gay and that he has an STD and its important to relay that info to Maitland, lol
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor   Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 7:49 am

well they're gone, and they went just as I suspected they would. Amy was ok, but I never liked Rory, but it wasn't anywhere near as sad as they said it would be. Rose's departure - the first time - is still the best of the new Who companion departures.

Still, it'll never be as bad as when my favourite Who girl went. I was seven, and it was like the end of the world!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxgetaRmXa4
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor   Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 8:19 am

That's exactly what I though, it was ok for a departure but I wasn't an emotional wreck like with Rose, and even the Donna storyline was more heartbreaking.

The story was a let down again, I'm sure there must be some discrepancies with the time line but I'm not clever enough to know what it is.
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor   Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 1:33 pm

it just wasn't thrilling really, they ruined it I tell you by letting everyone know they were leaving the show. So again a let down from Team Moffat.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor   Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 6:24 am

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/doctor-who/23424/doctor-who-set-pics-from-neil-gaiman-episode-show-redesigned-cybermen

the Cybermen are back next year and they've - finally - had a redesign. In the classic series they changed almost every story they were in.
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor   Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 11:30 am

look the same to me Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor - Page 2 2183661037
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor   Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 7:59 am

The Christmas Special, which introduces the new companion, is called The Snowmen

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor   Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who Series Seven b ~ The Name of the Doctor
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next