The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anne Rice wants to go home!!!

Go down 
+3
Taman
Nicky Mayfair
Judge Jane
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   Empty
PostSubject: Anne Rice wants to go home!!!    Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 6:59 am

Seriously, stop teasing and write a new vampire chronicle already!

http://www.examiner.com/article/anne-rice-wants-to-go-home?cid=db_articles
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice wants to go home!!!    Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 7:05 am

shocked

she's going to announce so soon that she's writing another Vampire Chronicle, I can feel it, this is like another step toward that moment. And oh, if only she hadn't sold First Street!
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice wants to go home!!!    Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 7:07 am

She even says "my vampires want me to come back!"
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice wants to go home!!!    Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 4:08 pm

I am scared. Considering the stuff she says on facebook.. it would be terrible. Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   872919100
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice wants to go home!!!    Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 3:32 am

LOL.. I dunno. Lestat became lamer and lamer after Memnoch untill it exploded in an ocean of rediculousness when the VC's ended.

I hope she'll get around telling Gabrielle's story. Pandora was her only strong,female character who got her own story.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice wants to go home!!!    Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 11:32 am

oh I thought this thread was gonna say that she is moving back to New Orleans!
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice wants to go home!!!    Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 12:10 pm

Uh, it is. That is what the article is about in the first post.
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice wants to go home!!!    Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 7:53 am

Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   2271603068
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice wants to go home!!!    Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 8:31 pm

I'll double that Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   2271603068
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice wants to go home!!!    Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 10:10 am

I do find it odd that she is just looking to trade off spaces with someone instead of buying something. I look for real estate in New Orleans a couple a three times a year just to see what is out there and I am always finding some kind of jewel, large and small. She has the money and Vieux Carre proprerty is always going to have value.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice wants to go home!!!    Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 11:42 am

Auntie Maine wrote:
Uh, it is. That is what the article is about in the first post.

LMAO! I didnt click on the link, just from Jane talking about her teasing about writing another vamp chronicle I just assumed that is what it was about! lol
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice wants to go home!!!    Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 11:43 am

she should have never sold the Mayfair Mansion!!!!!
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice wants to go home!!!    Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 4:35 am

I know, right? I love that house! Remember when we were fantasizing about buying it? I seriously think i would, if I hit the jackpot.
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice wants to go home!!!    Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 7:23 am

I wonder if whoever owns it has any interest in Anne Rice at all. Probably not!
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice wants to go home!!!    Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 8:51 am

I think it would be great if they did'nt know her at all. After all, it was someones home for far longer than Anne owning it. She put her stamp on it alright. and brought it to live for her readers. but it was brought to live with HER vision. her thoughts, her reactions, her experiences, her decor and atmosphere.

Selling the house was kinda like giving the house back to the real world. I would totally deck it out, IWTV-style though:P
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice wants to go home!!!    Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 9:51 am

That house is for sale again. I have found ever so much grander houses for sale in the Garden District. With double parlors too, I might add. One in particular with round rooms and a louvered back piazza that was just fucking grand. Made that first street house look like the servants quarters.
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice wants to go home!!!    Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 9:58 am

When I win that big ass lottery that Rodney mentioned...We are all taking a (paid) sabbatical of at least two weeks wandering the streets of New Orleans. I can just see us as a group out discussing the Victorian architecture of it and the Colonial architecture of Vieux Carre.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice wants to go home!!!    Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 10:12 am

two weeks!? at LEAST 4! One week to be the tourist and three weeks to live "the life of a garden district new orleanean" i could easily do that. I'd prolly end up staying 2 months. I imagine it to be a bit like the Talamasca-house in New Orleans as described in Merrick.
there was something so...cozy/familiar(we have a word for it in dutch; it can't be translated) about the description. the old leather couches and people sitting in big chairs. paintings and books lining the walls, big dinner table. and how you could wake up in the middle of the night, go downstairs and almost always finding someone else who cannot sleep.

all this talk only makes me want to see you guys even more. one day, one day....
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice wants to go home!!!    Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 1:39 pm

A month it is. What the hell. I am filthy rich in this scenario. maybe we should turn this into a whole TWH tour and go to all the places in the book.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice wants to go home!!!    Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 6:40 am

Auntie Maine wrote:
A month it is. What the hell. I am filthy rich in this scenario. maybe we should turn this into a whole TWH tour and go to all the places in the book.

Im in!!! Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   1762530889 Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   1762530889 Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   1762530889 Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   1762530889
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice wants to go home!!!    Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 8:12 am

Yay! sounds great.

In my scenario; I'd like the house to be kind of a "Armand's Night Island"-type of thing. There would always be a couple of rooms ready for passing forumites.There would be a special "Forum-NOLA-travel-fund" so no forumite would have to worry about travelling to Louisiana:P whenever they feel like going. I might not even be there all the time. A plce to wind down and relax,read(write) and meet up.(still my house; don't break anything!)

Oh! and ofcourse, an annual gathering in honour of the "Imp and the Judge"
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice wants to go home!!!    Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 7:10 pm

8)
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice wants to go home!!!    Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 10:46 am

Here is her condo on Navarre beach that she wants to sell or trade off. I stayed on that beach on a vacation with my best friend and her mom and dad when i was 16 or 17 and it is simply stunning!!!! The sand is so white that it looks like salt. Just told James how much I loved sitting at the ocean in that white sand with all kinds of little colorful tropical fish swimming around me. Plus there was Spanish moss hanging from every tree that wasn't a palm.

http://www.annerice.com/NewOrleans-RealEstate.html#
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice wants to go home!!!    Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 11:49 am

what a stunning place
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anne Rice wants to go home!!!    Anne Rice wants to go home!!!   I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anne Rice wants to go home!!!
Page 1 of 1