The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet Delight, Some are born to Endless Night

Go down 
+6
Taman
sassycatj
alondrianyx
Nicky Mayfair
Judge Jane
Sheila O
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet Delight, Some are born to Endless Night    Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 5:55 pm

Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 1437168020
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet Delight, Some are born to Endless Night    Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 9:42 pm

Morning!

We're home now. Used sauna as part of my spa experience on holiday. We also have one at the gym but not used it yet. I feel hot and sweaty enough when I'm done there!

Have to go into work for a few hours later, I have too much to do!
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet Delight, Some are born to Endless Night    Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 7:12 am

Oh Dan - got your card today thank you Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 1267522852

Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet Delight, Some are born to Endless Night    Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 7:51 am

I'm going to re-read an Anne Rice Vampire Chronicle and my mind has settled on a possible threel

Interview
Body Thief
Pandora

any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet Delight, Some are born to Endless Night    Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 8:54 am

Interview. I just read it recently and still loved it. Plus you can never go wrong with going back to the beginning and that is what made her a literary star.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet Delight, Some are born to Endless Night    Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 10:05 am

Denovissimus wrote:
Sauna are like the norm over there aren't they?

I wish they were the norm over here! That would be AMAZING!!! Anne I thought you already had a sauna in your current place?
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet Delight, Some are born to Endless Night    Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 10:06 am

my old boss (the original owner of the spa I work at who I wish still owned the place!) had an infrared sauna in her house. She had the most amazing house I have ever been in and she sold it! She was crazy to do that! I could have lived in that house my entire life.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet Delight, Some are born to Endless Night    Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 10:13 am

debating whether to stay at this new restaurant I am working at or not I worked yesterday I was supposed to work a double but went home after 6 hours cause it was slowing down, the summer season being over. However, in just 6 hours I made $125 and that was with splitting tips with another server that I shared a station with (we each made $125 after tipping out the bar, busser and expo)

so the money is good, that is a pro. And the servrer I worked with today he is good and not a bitchy idiot like most of the girls who work cocktail there. We had a great system down. If I could work with him every time I would not leave there, but most of the time I will be working with the bitchy idiots who occupy most of the cocktail sections. Not sure if I can take them. Most of them are awful, especially the one girl, ugh. They suck to work with.

Another plus is they pay under the table, so I actually get paychecks from my hourly wage instead of having virtually no paycheck or sometimes none at all after taxes.

Another con though is we have to park at the highschool, which is about a mile away from the restaurant. I did that walk for the first time yesterday and I know I am NOT going to want to walk that when the weather gets colder, being as I hate cold weather And also walking back there at night when it is dark.....no I wont want to do that either.

A plus though is we are allowed 1 free meal and 1 free alcoholic drink per shift. We cant get the drink till after our shift is over, though.

Another con is that it is a 40 minute drive for me, and half that drive is virtually the middle of no where with many deer and such. Yesterday on my way home I got stuck driving behind a farm tractor for 10 miles! The tractor was going 15 miles an hour! I wanted to pull my hair out it was so frustrating!

So yea, I am still undecided about what to do. Stay, or go somewhere else?
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet Delight, Some are born to Endless Night    Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 10:45 am

Nicky Mayfair wrote:
I'm going to re-read an Anne Rice Vampire Chronicle and my mind has settled on a possible threel

Interview
Body Thief
Pandora

any thoughts?

I really need to read Body Thief again. I've only read it once, while most of the others I've read at least twice. I would read Merrick again too, even though some people don't like it I did! I would also re-read Vittorio.
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet Delight, Some are born to Endless Night    Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 11:25 am

Oh my god!!!
This Anne Rice forum is posting about reading Anne Rice books. Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 1792775232

Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 1063792289
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet Delight, Some are born to Endless Night    Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 11:36 am

Nicky;go for Pandora. I just reread it and it was so refreshing to read something without our beloved Louis and Lestat. also; Pandora is the only strong REALfemale character in the series(Gabrielle and Claudia don't qualify; they stopped being human). She thinks and feels like an actual woman. and she makes no excuses for giving in to her female desires-just like her male counterparts and their desires. But always distinctly feminine and still strong. A rare combination for Anne Rice. Most female charcters in her books are made heroes by either dehumanizing them(Claudia) or turning them into the worst part of men; emotionally stunted and distant(Gabrielle) The rest of Ricean women were weak(Bianca/Zenobia) charicatures of feminine power(Eudoxia)or plain dumb(Akasha).

Then again; Body Thief is pretty damn good as well. I particularly enjoyed Claudia's ghost having her say when she confronts the "mortal" Lestat. And Gretchen and her faith. It's no Memnoch but, pretty good.

I'm currently rereading Vittorio.(I have one of those 2-in-1books; pandora/vittorio). Always a bit difficult to get into. Very dense, clearly edited by herself, sometimes it's like reading through syrup. But the good stuff is coming up; those awesome angels! and the mere mention of "my" Firenze.....
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet Delight, Some are born to Endless Night    Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 11:38 am

Quote :
Oh my god!!!
This Anne Rice forum is posting about reading Anne Rice books.
Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 2271603068
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet Delight, Some are born to Endless Night    Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 12:09 pm

Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 3474311545

Last edited by Auntie Maine on Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet Delight, Some are born to Endless Night    Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 4:34 pm

Quote :
I really need to read Body Thief again. I've only read it once, while most of the others I've read at least twice. I would read Merrick again too, even though some people don't like it I did! I would also re-read Vittorio.

Wuuut? I read my body thief to pieces.. my friend bough me a new copy Very Happy Don't bother with either Merrick or Vittorio, worst of the lot. :evil:

Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 1437168020

yawnities. My back aches because I sat over 6 hours in a car yesterday. Slept little later this morning but did not help much. I also have that second date tonight. He did not say where we are going, he'll just pick me up. Interesting.

Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet Delight, Some are born to Endless Night    Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 5:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet Delight, Some are born to Endless Night    Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 6:22 pm

so that's one vote for all of them each. I have actually only read Interview once - I think - but Body Thief at least twice and Pandora twice as well. I'm leaning toward Pandora because I haven't read a Vampire Chorincle for about three years and it's short, but I miss Lestat! agghhhhh!!
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet Delight, Some are born to Endless Night    Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 8:34 pm

Lestat really isn't Lestat after Memnoch though. How about TVL, Pandora and then another by lottery or something. Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 2271603068
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet Delight, Some are born to Endless Night    Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 8:36 pm

no I'm settled, it has to be one of those three...
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet Delight, Some are born to Endless Night    Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 8:40 pm

Okay, then BT hands down.

Blood Canticle was the last book I read from her. It was another disappointment so I haven't been able to read her new books or even reread any of the good old ones.
Back to top Go down
alondrianyx

alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet Delight, Some are born to Endless Night    Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 8:58 pm

try as i might i could never finish body thief. out of all the books i like interview and pandora the most
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet Delight, Some are born to Endless Night    Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 9:01 pm

I'm leaning toward Interview as, as I said, I think I might have only read it once, whereas Body Thief I've definitely read twice, at least. I will decide by tonight
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet Delight, Some are born to Endless Night    Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 9:23 pm

Well you sure can't go wrong with Interview. It isn't as simple as Pandora or Vittorio, has more depth.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet Delight, Some are born to Endless Night    Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 9:27 pm

I want to read them all!! arrggghhhh!!!!
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet Delight, Some are born to Endless Night    Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 9:56 pm

I just took my copy of Pandora off the shelf - I only have one copy, whereas I have multiple versions of some of the others - and found a note in it from my first boyfriend dated 20th January 1998!
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet Delight, Some are born to Endless Night    Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 5:08 am

Your started topic is locked. No discussion? Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 3814707160
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet Delight, Some are born to Endless Night    Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet  Delight, Some are born to Endless Night  - Page 15 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Julien's Juice 524 ~ Some are born to Sweet Delight, Some are born to Endless Night
Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next