The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names

Go down 
+6
Denovissimus
Judge Jane
Nicky Mayfair
LadyMandingo
Taman
Sheila O
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Sheila O

Sheila O

Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names Empty
PostSubject: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 4:35 am

Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names 3753849508
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names Empty
PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 4:36 am

I hope I did that right....only my third thread start evah!
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 4:42 am

Quote :
How many times can a person shit in day? Fuck I've gone about 7-8 times already

Oh you can go more but then you are sick. Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names 3912710552

Quote :
So there would be no such thing as 'an eternal soul'. whatever we think our souls to be;if it turns out to be just a part of nature, then that too, would be recycled,right?So; there should'nt really be a need for wishing for some form of 'Afterlife'?

Because we cannot know what will come, we wonder, we think and we wish.. and of course there is that "you are unique" part that makes us think that everything after will be personal and grand. Even though its more likely that we are just food for the worms.

So a more action filled weekend for me. Friday I went to a theater and then for drinks. Also got a new haircut and I hate it Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names 3877000266 Saturday planned Lisbon trip with a friend and then drinks again. And today I got a new wonderful leather bag and I think I like it little too much. Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names 2271603068
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 5:14 am

have you ever been to Lisbon before, Anne? It was too urban, too new york for my taste.
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 5:40 am

I liked Lisbon but the Algarve in Portugal...le sigh. I wish I could live there. It was like Paradise.

What's wrong with your haircut, Anne?

Alright, that is it for me on the cuntputer today. Back to working in the garden (my garden, not this one).
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 5:52 am

Post a haircut pic, Anne!
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:45 pm

lol, no! Nah, I can handle the haircut. She just chopped it short from the back though I told her I was growing it. Sometimes they just don't listen and now again, it will takes ages before I have a longer, even cut.

Quote :
have you ever been to Lisbon before, Anne? It was too urban, too new york for my taste.

No Portugal is still uncharted for me. I can't wait to visit Sintra, I am sure it will be a sight.

Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names 1437168020

Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 6:25 pm

Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names 1437168020
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 12:10 am

when I was in Portugal it was only for 3 day. A day and a half in Lisbon. and then our bus was supposed to go to Sintra I believe and then to Fatima. Our bus broke down so we lost a half days travel on the tour so we had to skip Sintra and only went to Fatima. Fatima is a very eery place.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:01 am

Oh okay. We are spending a week there so.. prolly get a good idea about the city. Going to take a train to Sintra and stay there half a day or so.
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 5:10 am

Busy day at work but not a bad day. On a training course tomorrow...

I'm going to London weekend after next with my dad and sister and her family for my dad's 70th birthday. Really looking forward to showing him the tourist sites, we're going in the eye etc even though I've done all that before. Need to plan what show we're going to see also. Rick's not coming, he's looking after my dad's dog!
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:11 am

Sheila I love this thread title! Where does it come from?

Michele Jules messaged me a couple days ago to say don't text her cause her hubby is paranoid and watching her phone bill!

Anne, the problem with your "this is the end and we return to the universe" viewpoint is that then life would have no meaning. No karmic principles. Everything would just be pointless, and I can't buy that. There have been stories of some type of "afterlife" for as long as man has been able to communicate. I could never be an atheist, I'd have no incentive to live.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 1:34 pm

I do believe that our energies or our souls live on beyond our bodies after death, the only reason why I really believe this is because there are WAY too much valid hauntings all over the world, so if ghosts can exist then there is a spirit and obviously not every spirit is earthbound so the other souls must go somewhere else. I do, however don't think that that means there is a god sitting up there judging and watching. I think that we simply go "somewhere" after death and that place just simply exists because it does. I don't think that there is a separate hell.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 5:38 pm

Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 6:47 pm

Quote :
the problem with your "this is the end and we return to the universe" viewpoint is that then life would have no meaning. No karmic principles. Everything would just be pointless, and I can't buy that. There have been stories of some type of "afterlife" for as long as man has been able to communicate. I could never be an atheist, I'd have no incentive to live.

Yes it is a problem if we look at it from a selfish point of view. We are limited/tied to this being and to some rules because they are linked to this body. But when we die, we will change. Our energy is released and it is not the same as it was. I am not the human me anymore. I think its more about the universe living through different forms of existence than us. But at the same time the universe is us, its breathing with our lungs. I don't think it is pointless at all, we are just part of something greater. It might not be enough for those that wish to be "most important" but it is certainly enough for me.

Quote :
so if ghosts can exist then there is a spirit and obviously not every spirit

I see them as prints, its just energy, not really an existence. Something perhaps not has been throughly released with death, bit like a shoe getting stuck in a mud.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 7:27 pm

Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names 1762530889

Preach, Anne! That's generally how I feel about it!
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:55 pm

Denovissimus wrote:

Michele Jules messaged me a couple days ago to say don't text her cause her hubby is paranoid and watching her phone bill!

shocked
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:04 am

Anne and Rodney - our souls are indeed energy and upon death that energy is released, that does not mean we are reduced to a state of non-consious energy though. We not only retain the experience and memories of the life we left, we regain the experiences and memories of our previous lives as well as becoming re-tuned to the mechanisms of the universe. This is how our souls develop, through the evaluation of our lives. All souls are not on equal footing, we incarnate into certain lives in order to develop and eventually to make our way back to the source, if I reckon we choose to. The Source lives through us as well as we live to make it back to the Source...well something like that, still working that out, but I've always maintained that we cannot ponder the nature of The Source (or God) until we have learned and understand the mechanisms and systems (The Workings) of The Source/God through the universe (or universes). Once we know and understand, then we will know and understand The Source/God. Its quite simple and beautiful in its complexity.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 4:04 am

Its in the progression of a single soul that our thoughts differ. But that is what makes it so interesting.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 6:45 am

The progression of our souls. The only bit where we seem to have different ideas.

I personally don't think that, the Source is a sentient entity. How 'bout you? I always wondered why we need to anthropmorphize everything that, doesn't speak back to us(animals,objects,mountains,rivers,"god",etc)?
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 6:51 am

Nope, I don't see universe as he or she. Its more of a it but not in a sense of creature but rather like a system. You have all these different parts and they form an object. Just in a huuuuuge scale of things and in such a way, you can't really see it as one.

Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 10:49 am

Oh good, God has come to the main chat page. Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names 2274306131

Thats me leaving.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 4:04 pm

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 5:44 pm

Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 10:03 pm

Afternoon!

Could start a new thread for the eternal soul/universe talk! It is interesting....although maybe you've talked it out already?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names   Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Julien's Juice 532 ~ We will rise from the flames and The Gods will know our names
Page 1 of 16Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next