The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Christopher Rice goes supernatural!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

Christopher Rice goes supernatural! Empty
PostSubject: Christopher Rice goes supernatural!   Christopher Rice goes supernatural! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 1:44 am

From Twitter, I think;

'Hi Everyone,

It's been forever since I've written you and for that I must apologize! I hope some of you have found me on Facebook and Twitter since then. But if you haven't, allow me to use this e-mail to share some exciting news. THE HEAVENS RISE, my first supernatural thriller, is now on sale wherever books are sold, and I couldn't be more proud of it. The atmospheric and suspenseful tale of a mysterious parasite in the Louisiana swamp that gives people the power to control minds, THE HEAVENS RISE is also my first return to New Orleans since A DENSITY OF SOULS.

Famed horror novelist and #1 New York Times bestseller Peter Straub had this to say after reading it. "Christopher Rice is a magician. This brilliant, subtly destabilizing novel inhales wickedness and corruption and exhales delight and enchantment. Rice executes his turns, reversals, and surprises with the pace and timing of a master. The Heavens Rise would not let me stop reading it--that's how compelling it is." And in a Starred Review, Publisher's Weekly called the book, "A masterful coming-of-age novel...Rice's characters are complex and real, his dialogue pitch-perfect, and his writing intelligent and strong. He builds suspense beautifully...amid enduring philosophical questions about what it means to be human."

I've just embarked on a cross-country book tour with my mother novelist, Anne Rice. Check out the complete tour schedule to find out if we're coming to a city near you. And remember, many of the stores on the list will sell signed copies of our books after the event, so get in touch with one of them if you live in the area but can't make it to our signing!

I hope you'll join for me for this new dark adventure.'
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Rice goes supernatural!   Christopher Rice goes supernatural! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:37 am

the plot sounds interesting. I only read two of his books and they both had the same exact plot and character types which is why I havent tried to read anything else from him since, he is like Dan Brown in that way
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Rice goes supernatural!   Christopher Rice goes supernatural! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 1:29 am

I tried his first one and it was dire; I borrowed it off The Vampire KT - anyone remember her?! - and I couldn't give it back quick enough!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christopher Rice goes supernatural!   Christopher Rice goes supernatural! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christopher Rice goes supernatural!
Page 1 of 1