The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers

Go down 
+3
Nicky Mayfair
Taman
Judge Jane
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers Empty
PostSubject: The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers   The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 8:35 am

As well as being freezing today it's now got foggy!
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers   The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 12:50 am

It was just few weeks ago that we finally got snow and boy do we have some now. Its also been windy and chilly. Today however, only -5 C and not windy The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers 3753849508
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers   The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 2:57 am

still waiting for snow in what has for the most part been a frustratingly mild winter The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers 3230883916
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers   The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 9:32 am

Windy again! I've never known so much wind!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers   The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:49 am

It is cold as FUCK out right now! What the freezing fuck! And I got to walk this bitch ass dog out in it!
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers   The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 7:51 am

Colder here last few days, could snow sometime over weekend or next week
Back to top Go down
sassycatj

sassycatj

PostSubject: Re: The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers   The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 9:01 am

it warmed up over here. its kinda cold in the morning but on my drive home I have to put the air conditioner on in the car.

I dont even wear a hoodie anymore to work.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers   The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 9:14 am

if we don't get some snow out of the current cold spell I shall be very disappointed
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers   The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 5:04 pm

We have plenty of that white sh... The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers 2271603068 Nah, actually with -25 c, its very pretty. It looks like there was pearls on the snow when the sun shines (for that 2 hours that its up there that is).
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers   The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:07 am

Freezing in the Netherlands. Now that hardly ever happens -10! Living in a warehouse conversion sounded like a good idea....brrrrr! We'll get snow tomorrow and it might get up to just below freezing point. Next week;-10, again. There's too much wind for proper ice forming. But, the dutch are already anticipating an "Elfstedentocht". So not gonna happen...
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers   The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:13 pm

It must be minus something here too this morning, not as much as -10 but still!

Gotta scrape the ice of the car The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers 3730632311
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers   The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:52 pm

mius 10 is the minum temp. in holland. It's -5 in rotterdam and -10 in the evenings. Some people are stoll riding their bikes-in a strong headwind! Much appreciation for them but, I'm so not cycling! have to go all the way to Overschie...doesn't mean anything to you lot, but...no me gusta. i'm taking overpriced public transport.
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers   The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 8:40 am

It was minus 3 this morning and that was at 9am when the sun was starting to shine on my car.

Snow is forcast for tomorrow afternoon and evening! Yay!!!
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers   The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 8:48 am

this has been the most mild winter we have had in YEARS. it is kind of bizarre. I do like it, but I worry about the impact on other animal species when the weather is not what it is supposed to be.
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers   The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 12:25 am

Snow has started!
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers   The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 4:36 am

Snow has just finished, here and everything looks very pretty! We went all the way down to -21, last night!
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers   The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 10:14 pm

5 more days of extreme cold weather. The snow has tempered "Elfsteden-fever" but, the "Rayonhoofden"(the powers that be in terms of the race)" are getting together on wednesday. It's weird; even if you're not interested at all; every ducthperson wants to hear those Frysian words: " 't Giet Oan!"(in Dutch: "Het gaat door". English; "It goes on". as in; "It's on!")

The Elfstedentocht is a 200+ km race held in North-Fryslan. provided that all rivers are frozen over; the race will pass eleven towns ad villages. The last race was held some 16 years ago and it's almost "mythical" to the Frisians and dutch. I for one, hope that " it giet oan". It's so nice to watch; the countryside with windmills, hot pea-soup with bacon and sausage, hot-totties, old-fashioned dutch music(which everybody hates; except during the race") hundreds of thousand of people cheering on thousands of skaters. And everybody is considered a winner if they finish the race before midnight. everybody is happy and everybody is "frysk" for a day. What with global warming and all;I think this is gonna be the last for decades to come. I think I'll go and watch if it's on...have to find a ride.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers   The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:02 am

coldest night of our winter here so far, -10 tonight
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers   The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 9:11 am

+6 degrees forecasted for Sunday....it's over. done. No Elfstedentocht.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers   The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 4:32 pm

For one day it was only -10, and now again -18. Damn it.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers   The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:29 pm

And -20 again. Hopefully its warmer tomorrow like they promised. Its star wars 3d day after all and I need to walk some.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers   The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:43 pm

Tempratures about to go above freezing over the weekend. It'll get rid of the sleet before it starts freezing again-later next week; which is great. The tour I was so excited about has been called off.It was given the same tv coverage as a political assasination. People are still hoping but,-nah...its over.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers   The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 5:34 pm

-25. Whoppi-fucking-doodle.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers   The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 6:24 pm

Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers   The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 1:23 am

is winter over now? I pray not, but barring a sudden final onslaught of snow I fear it is so
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers   The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Weather Thread ~ Winter warmers
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next