The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread

Go down 
+4
Denovissimus
Auntie Maine
darkeyes80
Nicky Mayfair
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread Empty
PostSubject: The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread   The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 9:03 am

This just on Anne's Facebook page

Anne Rice

Imagine, Brian Grazer and Ron Howard's company, has optioned the motion picture rights to The Tale of the Body Thief. The Tale of the Body Thief is the fourth novel in the Vampire Chronicles and focuses on the vampire Lestat. (I'm repeating this for anyone who missed it. I'm asked about this every day; so wanted to get the word out. Thanks.)
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread   The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am

Hmmm Lestat has been out of the loop for so long. Would people other than Rice fans' appreciate the story of the Body Thief? it's so much more than a vamp switching bodies!
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread   The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 9:57 am

This thread belongs in Evelyn s Entertainment. Why have an entertainment section if its not used. The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread 3814707160
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread   The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:17 am

Dan and his "rules"...but, he's right:P
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread   The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:42 am

The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread 3474311545
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread   The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:59 am

Key word being "optioned", doesn't mean its going to happen. Still, this is a more stand alone story in the Chronicles and could work very well if done right
Back to top Go down
sassycatj

sassycatj

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread   The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 12:04 pm

I want Pandora!

most people would get lost with this movie if they didnt read the books.

Pandora is a novel on its own.
Monica Belluci as Pandora! The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread 1002320772
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread   The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 12:25 pm

I always thought it could be a good movie, lots of action in it, interesting for actors playing 2 different roles in 1 body.

Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread   The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 4:25 pm

Its one of my favourites! Its in many ways modern enough to get peoples attentions.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread   The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:12 pm

Auntie Maine wrote:
This thread belongs in Evelyn s Entertainment. Why have an entertainment section if its not used. The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread 3814707160

if it was anyone else it would be, but as it's Anne Rice it deserves to be in the Double Parlour where everyone will see it
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread   The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:28 pm

Sure it's action packed. But people will only know it as a vamp "having his body stolen and a wacky-action-packed-chase ensues.will Lestat win....?" What about the underlying stuff? What about the scenes with Gretchen and Claudia? Those scenes, his search for redemption and almost finding it; I HOPE they focus on that. But, then it would become an AR-fan-movie and not everybody is an AR- fan. So, if it does go ahead; they'll make it into something accessible to a wider public. Mi no gusta es!
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread   The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:53 pm

Yeah they will make it "one-sided", but as such it could work as well. Sort of detective story meets vampires.

Personally those parts with Les and Claudia annoyed me. It just did not seem like Lestat to me.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread   The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 1:48 am

I loved it. Sure ; Lestat is marvelous at being a brat and embracing his vampire nature and being "superman". But, I think that in the Body Thief he really came to terms to what he did to claudia when he made her. I thought that was a lesson learned. Claudia was such an interesting character. She deserved her moment with Lestat. torturing him, some more,reducing him to nothing. for a short while :P
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread   The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:29 am

Denovissimus wrote:
Key word being "optioned", doesn't mean its going to happen. Still, this is a more stand alone story in the Chronicles and could work very well if done right

I agree, it is more of a stand alone. This is actually my favorite out of the VC, well this and Memnoch are tied, pretty much. I think I have read TOTBT about 5 times!!!
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread   The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 12:56 pm

I may have read Body Thief only once, have to correct that
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread   The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 5:31 pm

I am with Michele, this and Memnoch, best of the best of the best, sir!

I actually read this to pieces, got a new one from my wonderful friends!
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread   The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 6:26 pm

Memnoch rocks. Would've preferred that one.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread   The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 1:04 am

Memnoch sucks once Lestat hooks up with him! it's when Anne first began her Jesus mania!
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread   The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 7:03 pm

Facebook is saying that Gaspard Ulliel has been cast as Lestat but I can't find any confirmation online; is this just someone's wishful thinking?
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread   The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:25 pm

Wishful thinking, not confirmed at all. :)
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread   The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:27 pm

he would be good though, I remember him as the young Hannibal Lecter. I'm not however holding my breath for this movie; I got excited about the Witching Hour TV series and where is it?!?
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread   The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 10:35 am

darkeyes80 wrote:
Memnoch rocks. Would've preferred that one.

I dont think Memnoch could be translated well, lots of potential for butchering. and if they did do it right, you know them bible thumpers would be out rioting the streets when the movie hit, lol
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread   The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 10:36 am

Nicky Mayfair wrote:
Facebook is saying that Gaspard Ulliel has been cast as Lestat but I can't find any confirmation online; is this just someone's wishful thinking?

The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread 3912710552 who the hell is that? Never heard of him, that is one fucked up name he got, though
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread   The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 4:45 am

He played Hannibal Lecter in 'Hannibal Rising', that's all I know him from
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread   The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:21 am

oh I never saw that movie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread   The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Tale of the Body Thief movie thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next