The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What book are you reading at the moment?

Go down 
+7
darkeyes80
Sheila O
Taman
Auntie Maine
Denovissimus
LadyMandingo
Judge Jane
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

What book are you reading at the moment? Empty
PostSubject: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:35 am

I'm about to read on The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 10:55 am

im still reading My Art, My Life: autobiography of Diego Rivera

his exaggerated stories are soooooooooo entertaining!
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 11:47 am

still reading the new King book
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 2:34 pm

The Charlemagne Pursuit
Steve Berry
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 5:12 pm

just finished Revolution: A Manifesto by Ron Paul. And my coworker wants to borrow it next! yay!!!
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 9:06 pm

Conn Iggulden - Empire of Silver
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 9:54 am

"The Curious Incident of the Dog at Midnight". I powered through it in one night. So innovative and moved me to the point of tears.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:31 am

OMG. Sheila I LOVE that book! It's so...yeah. It made me cry,too!
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 8:04 am

Never heard of it. Tell me about it.
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 9:39 am

It's one of my faves too! Although mine is called the curious incident of the dog in the night time. It's a gorgeous account of life told through the eyes of a teenager with autism (or aspergers, I can't remember, it's been a while).

Started the Hunger Games, good so far and a definite page turner!
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:35 am

I have just started a re-read of Blackwood Farm. Its been a while since I read it and am so much enjoying the tales of the family and the house and the ghosts that little Quinn saw. Just started and reading about a chapter or two a night.

Aunt Queen FOREVER What book are you reading at the moment? 1002320772
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:51 am

Blackwood Farms is probably the last great book she wrote. But I know alot of people who didnt like it.

I still remember when I worked at the HIV non profit (god that was 10 years ago!) and my and my ex friend Ali who worked there with me were reading it at the same time and we would excitedly discuss it everyday!

Right now I am reading 3 books at a time: I am about 150 pages into 11/22/63 and I really like it! I dont see how Jesse didnt like it.

I am re reading Catching Fire which is the second (and my favorite) Hunger Games book. And I just bought today The Blood Sugar Solution which I also started reading.
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 7:00 am

The Curious Incident book is being performed as a play in London - I would so be going to see it if I lived down there

Almost finished the third Hunger games book, Mockingjay
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:44 am

Slave Species of God! What book are you reading at the moment? 37936522
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:33 am

I started Hunger games. First chapter done and I am hooked. The language is easy enough and yeah, it is obviously meant for younger people but there is a clever undertone that is often missing in "adult" books.
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 6:38 am

Finished Mockingjay - omg it is dark...and not sure how I feel about the ending which seemed somewhat rushed
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 10:42 am

Taman wrote:
I started Hunger games. First chapter done and I am hooked. The language is easy enough and yeah, it is obviously meant for younger people but there is a clever undertone that is often missing in "adult" books.

see to me it reads like an adult book, not a young adult book
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 10:43 am

Judge Jane wrote:
Finished Mockingjay - omg it is dark...and not sure how I feel about the ending which seemed somewhat rushed

yes it is def the darkest book of the 3 and my least favorite, but still love it! I am actually re reading it now
Back to top Go down
StevieF

StevieF

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 7:31 am

Just started Game of Thrones, not sure about it yet but going to give it a go.
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 5:57 am

It was never really made clear in "The Curious Incident..." what exactly was wrong with the kid except that he was emotionally disconnected and yes it did SEEM like he was a highly functioning autistic. I don't really know what Aspergers is but I seem to hear about it a lot these days!

And now for something completely different I am reading "Henry and June" by Anais Nin. It is basically about Nin's relationship with the author Henry Miller and his wife June (a very interesting character, a muse for both Miller and Nin, June and I feel that they both boxed her into their own projections especially Miller who strikes me as a bit of a shit but that's neither here nor there) and Paris in the 1920's-early 30's.

There is such a decadent pleasure in surrendering to Nin who wallows so beautifully in her own thoughts and impressions and gives herself over to pursuing experience and exploring her own sexuality. I love her books but I have to be in the right mood for them....
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:40 am

What book are you reading at the moment? 9780618893737_lres[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 2:16 am

I just started reading "One Thousand White Women" very interesting book!
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 8:17 am

I *was* reading "Bite Me" by Christopher Moore (has anyone else ever read anything by him?) but it was so a gag a minute I couldn't even keep track of wtf was going on so I gave up on it.

Now I am reading Menoch the Devil which is much better.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 11:40 am

I just finished 1000 White Women today.

A very good and interesting and engrossing book. But also very grueling, bloody, harrowing, and depressing book all the same
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:13 am

The Hobbit.

Want it to be fresh in my mind for the movie precious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you reading at the moment?   What book are you reading at the moment? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you reading at the moment?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next