The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Random Questions Returns III

Go down 
+6
alondrianyx
LadyMandingo
sassycatj
darkeyes80
Taman
Judge Jane
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

Random Questions Returns III - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 5:13 pm

me too, Jane!!!

I try to to mantras every night before I go to bed. Ending my day with positive thoughts that I am sending out into the universe, does seem to have a positive affect overall on me. Trying to put the law of attraction into effect I think does have some kind of influence, even if they are small ones.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 4:40 pm

so here is something a friend of mine posted on facebook that inspired me for a "random question" here

my friend posted this article about a man who was convicted in Canada to 14 years in jail for knowingly having HIV and having unprotected sex with 4 women and did not disclose his status to them. Luckily, none of these women ended up infected

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/story/2012/02/07/mb-hiv-positive-mabior-scoc.html

now of course, this is a despicable act. There is no arguement there. My friend and my sister both commented that they think people who knowingly have it and dont disclose and have unprotected sex should get the death penalty.

So lets ask a few questions here:

do you thikn someone in this kind of case should be punished by death? Serve prision time? If so, about how much time would you say?

but this raises another question that I posed on my friend's facebook and would also like to pose here.

How much is it also the HIV- persons' responsibility to find out what their sexual partners have or dont have? How many of you ask each and every person you sleep with, if they have HIV or any other STD? How many of you ask before you sleep with someone? And how many of you ask your partners to be tested for HIV and STDS?

I am willing to guess, that very few people do ask these questions of their sexual partners beforehand. I know over the years, I have done very little asking and the same goes for teh men I have slept with.

Although the last guy I was dating, he did ask me to get tested for HIV. He gets tested once a year. So I did get tested a few weeks ago, I also got tested for syphillis as well.

I am negative, of course.

so anyway, I thought this was an interesting subject to broach.
Back to top Go down
sassycatj

sassycatj

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:07 am

Its partially the "victims" fault. use condoms!

a fuck is a fuck, wrapped or not.

speaking of facebook, we at work got a mass email to all staff not to friend any school kids at school or any other school. Who the fuck wants to friend school kids?
I guess some staff was doing that.

I can understand a teacher or staff member who has a kid who goes to school in the district but random kids....wtf?

Do you think its wrong and you should get fired for it?
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:14 am

hmmm.Well, having unprotected sex when you KNOW you have HIV and you purposely keep your sexpartner out of the loop; should be punished. But, I think it should be classified under the same rules as any other punishment given to a person with intent to harm. This to me sounds like an attempt at grieveous bodily harm with a high likelihood of doing actual harm that would surely lead to a life of hardship and possibly, death. 14 yrs. sounds about right for Canada.

The death penalty would put this guy up with serial killers who have actually killed. I don't see that holding up in court.In the same way that attempted murder isn't punisheable by death.

as for your 2nd question; we all know it is our responsibility to know whether we are "clean" and to have unprotected sex.My ex and I went for an HIV-test when we decided to go "commando". Reason being; he had unprotected sex before he met me and he never got tested. The tests came out negative,bien sur. Anyhoo; regardless of your status; you should at least be AWARE of your status and when you decide to get down and dirty; protect yourself. I haven't asked "everybody" I ever slept with(not that many-hence the quotation)but, with some(those of the "fuck-buddy variety)I have because, I knew I wasn't the only one.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:27 am

Friending your schoolkids on facebook is HIGHLY inappropiate, when your part of the staff! It's so unprofessional! Before we had FB; were hanging out at our teachers' houses? Call them to know what was up? Hanging out with the janitor or, lunchlady? Hell no! You'd meet them on the street and say "hi, how are you, madam/sir?" and then be on your merry way. social media blurs the lines of propriety. And those staffmembers ought to be sacked for unprofessional conduct! No matter how great you get along with those kids-and I'm not talking about the peados.

But this is how rumours start and in the unlikely event of peados present; it only makes it easier for them. Jerking off to a picture of a9 year old student is easier when you have access to their wall than asking a picture from their parents' wallet.Plus ; you also have stories about kids holding a childish grudge against staffmembers and they go: "he was all nice and then he added me on facebook..."I mean- If I were a parent I'd be like:"Well, call the police because I'm about to smash his/her fucking head in for friending my child" Then again-my child can get a FaceFuck acount when they're at least 16. i seriously don't get the point of having one when you're 12. wanna keep in touch with your friends?; have them come over or, go play outside with them-you don't need facebook.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:36 pm

Micheles q: Of course we are responsible for our own health. However we have all done stupid shit, its part of life. There are loads of people who get std from their spouses who just don't give a fuck. Shouldn't they be punished too?

Sure it is moronic to sleep with someone you don't even know without protection but to get aids for it? Cold! And someone who gives it to other people knowingly, is one evil bastard that needs to be locked away. Heck, how about some "snip snap" as punishment. Stops spreading it for sure.

Julesys q: Hell no, seeds bad stuff.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:35 am

yea but do you guys ask your sexual partners ahead of time (ever?) if they have any stds or have HIV?

I dont recall any guy I have ever slept with asking me if I had any. Of course, since I contracted herpes 5 years ago, I willingly disclose that. But even before I do, no one has ever asked me, and before I got it, no one ever asked me either.

and I admit, I am also guilty for not always asking myself. Also, this was the first time in 8 years that I got tested for HIV so that is another irresponsibility on my part, I should get tested more often, even if I am low risk.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 5:35 pm

Guys don't care. I always ask. I usually force them to take tests too. I am bit nifty about these things.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 5:37 am

i don't go; do you...have an STD? And nobody has asked me that question. ever. I'm more like;..."you got a condom?" That's as far as it goes. if it turns inot something regular; I'll ask and I have nothing against them asking me, either.
But, there have been instances where it did become something regular and did'nt ask.Ever. like with my former-boss. we used protection but, i never asked him anything other than; " Is the door locked?"
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 5:22 pm

lol, rodney.

my mom said to me this morning when I told her about monty, and she didnt understand the concept of having sex with a friend. I guess she thought if I am not in a relationship with someone, why sleep with them and risk an std? (she doesnt know I already have one) and she seemed to assume that we didnt use condoms. But anyway, I said to her that Monty is in the military and they have to get tested for stds and HIV every six months, so he is the safest person I could be sleeping with. He would def know if he had something, and he is not the type to not tell me if he did.

anyway, I really need to shower and get to bed. night!
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 8:00 pm

I guess I have gotten more nifty about it because I already have one chronic illness, plus tons of other little things that "chirp" from my energy so to get an STD, even if it was something treatable, would be too damn much. So I ask and if they get weird about it, then boohoo. Thusfar they have been okay with testing though, its such a simple thing to checkout.
Back to top Go down
sassycatj

sassycatj

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 12:07 pm

went bowling with workmates today and they thought it was weird I was wearing my hubbys socks.
WTF? They are clean and regular socks are unisex. Cotton white socks?

If I can use his spoon, drink out of same cup, have intimate things going on with him which requires swapping dna...wtf? Its not like he has leprosy. We share a toilet and shower!

I even wear his boxer shorts during the summer around the house when its hot. I have my undies on. No big deal. I dont find it weird. I even have used his razor for my legs and underarm deoderant when Im desperate and run out.

Do you think thats gross?
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:56 am

You wear his socks? OMG! YOU FREAK! Lol. who cares? Even if you wore proper "man" socks-like the fancy ones for under a suit; I'd thought; maybe she ran out of clean socks and grabbed her hubby's?

the boxershorts. Totally acceptable. even if you weren't wearing undies. It's your hubby's!

As for the razor: if you used the same blade he uses for his face; You disgust me:P.

I did'nt even share my razor with my ex bf's and we use it for the same reasons.

Use my blade; and you're a dead man. Dragging someone else's "germs" over your scraped epidermis is a sure way to razor-bump-hell.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 2:06 pm

yea I wouldnt share another person's razor, not even my spouse's unless I was completely desperate
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 7:02 pm

Yeah razors, no thanks. Clean socks, whatever! Boxers I suppose.. I don't quite see why I would need to wear them though.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:30 pm

Women steal them from their partners because they want to run around in their underwear without feeling exposed. Womens' underwear is too small!
Back to top Go down
sassycatj

sassycatj

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:41 pm

How come when you invite people into your life, its just becomes more drama for yourself?
I try not to but I dont have a heart of ice. I feel........compelled to help if I can. Then eventually it becomes like being taken advantage of. I dunno. I can only do so much. Help so much. Dont push me to my limit.

I guess its just stress lately. People asking for favors or money or what not. Its either be a complete bitch or saint. No in between.

Also my bro is getting married next weekend which I am very leery of. I think this time around I will just put on a front, smile and not say shit. Im trying not to become attached to this new wife. I just feel sad as a woman to know what he will eventually turn into. A selfish asshole. It worries me, but if she cant see an inkling of it now...she is doomed.

That and alot of other shit is on the backburner.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 4:49 pm

I tend to get stressed too when people ask me to do things for them. Sometimes I can be bit of a moron about it. Random Questions Returns III - Page 2 178418778

Its just that I try to do everything possible before asking someones help but some people just automatically rely on others. Those kind of people rub me the wrong way.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 8:43 pm

Anne is a genie in a bottle.

I don't mind doing things for people. But, I have experienced some leeches in my live who automatically assume, I'll help them with everything. I don't like it when people do that. Especially when you realize they never offer any help out of their own volition. I'm not the kind of person to ask when thing are obvious.
I get to a point where I'll tell the person that; don't ask me anything.ever. And I stick to that rule.
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 9:51 am

It annoys me sometimes because I am so self sufficient I very rarely need to ask for help. I will do things myself if possible, even if I have to struggle to do it.

Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 3:58 pm

I agree with all of you, we are all givers and self reliant!
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 9:23 am

Now I'm disabled I need to ask for help! I had to ask for help from the supermarket lady to pack my bag, I had to ask my work colleague to open my can of Pepsi for me... I am managing ok but typing is hard with just my index finger on my left hand.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 4:39 pm

How do you feel about it? I think it would drive me mad!
Back to top Go down
sassycatj

sassycatj

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:14 am

now im responsible for picking up my grandma for the wedding, ordering a cake for my nephew/godson for sunday. looking up prices for skating birthday party.

wtf? Random Questions Returns III - Page 2 1792775232
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 4:38 am

Made me feel rubbish Anne, glad I'm all better now

Helping out grandparents is a little different, especially if they have health problems and can't drive. I suppose it depends if they are grateful orb they take it for granted.

Shouldn't your nephews parents sort that stuff jules, that seems a bit much!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Questions Returns III
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Garden District :: 1239 First Street :: The double parlour-
Jump to: