The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary

Go down 
+3
Judge Jane
Denovissimus
Nicky Mayfair
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 4:27 am

He's like that kid down the street who always got in trouble but nobody could ever get cross with him. The loveable rogue thing. He definately has that quality about him. And I don't mind him spilling the beans on those who must be kept; it was instrumental to the stories and breaking rules.
I do mind him being a bit careless when it comes to choosing his fledglings. He was lucky that Gabrielle was such a strong person on the inside; she did'nt rely on him. But Nicholas did and so did Claudia and it almost cost Louis' life. He hardly ever sounds truly sorry for making his "failed" fledglings. For him it's just another adventure. Claudia lived a horrific life for 65 years. She was the perfect vampire; it's all she knew. Stupid Lestat did'nt count on Claudia developing a mind of her own and finding out that, not only will she never, ever grow up. On top of that, she realized that she'd never known and never will know what it's like to be human.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 5:58 am

they're in the Theatre now, after the show, talking with Armand
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 6:36 am

'Madeleine, Louis is shy'
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 6:39 am

I love the talk Louis and Armand had!
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 7:57 am

Madelaine's in the book much more, I quite like those bits. And she burns down her doll shop because she doesn't need all those dolls that look like her daughter now she has Claudia. I wonder if Anne collected dolls for a similar reason.
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 12:11 pm

Hmmmmm.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 11:45 am

I just bought the movie again after I realized the other day that I lost my dvd of it. It most likely got left behind at Randys house when I moved out of there. Fucking Randy got my IWTV dvd!
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 4:22 am

LOL. I'm buying a new one, next week. IWTV is soooo special to all of us.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 7:56 pm

I have the special edition in a red sleeve; I think it wasa HMV exclusive; will watch when I've finished the book, I think

Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 5:11 am

Madeleine just burned her shop down. I'm not enjoying this re-read much. It's such a depressing book.
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 12:19 am

I like the banner, prelude to one of my favorite scene of the movie

"Another doll? I have dozens you realize."
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 12:41 am

at the moment...

'It's time for justice, little one!!'
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 3:00 am

I hate that bitch! What's her name? Sophie or something?
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 3:44 am

Estelle!
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 5:21 am

Cunt!
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 5:24 am

there was also Celeste!
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 5:38 am

which one was she? was she in the movie?
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 5:50 am

I think it was Estelle, played by Sara Stockbridge, who was in the move; she's the one who rips open the curtains on Louis and Claudia and cries, 'It's time for justice, little one!' - in the book Claudia and Madeleine are dead, and I can't get used to the fact that Lestat is there as well
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 6:31 am

That's why I don't think Lestat is a "great" vampire. His petty emotions make him cause death to those he claims to love. I love him but, I don't "like" him. Just like Armand :P
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 6:38 am

Armand is so complex, even after reading the Vampire Armand I still never felt like I ever had a true understanding of him and what makes him tick

anyway, me and my boyfriend just watched the movie yesterday.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 6:38 am

and I am almost done my re-read of BlackWood Farm. I might re-read IWTV next
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 8:07 am

I once knew someone called Celeste, she was dead posh!

Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 8:31 pm

the bit I've just read mentions Lestat being helped to escape from Paris by two vampires made by the same master at the same time; Magnus made other vampires along with Lestat? I don't remember that from TVL
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 8:41 pm

That's because its not in TVL. There is also no mention of the 2 vampires made by Lestat (??) at the end of IWTV.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 8:43 pm

also Louis walks past a house in the Garden District which I'm sure is the Mayfair house
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next