The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary

Go down 
+3
Judge Jane
Denovissimus
Nicky Mayfair
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 5:36 pm

I think you should all re-read with me!!
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 5:11 am

I'm reading The Dibbuk Box then it's Lovecraft season!
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 6:59 pm

Babbette, who lestat at described as Louis' fancy, his lady love, mocking him.

She's in for quite a while, there's this part about her brother
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 6:08 am

I'm on that bit where Lestat is killing the two whores in front of Louis and it's almost word for word like the film; one of the best bits thus far
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 7:08 am

I loved how Lestat explains that them whores were killers in TVL, again his failure to open up to Louis and offer true guidance
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 10:09 am

That part in the movie was done very very well.
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 10:15 am

ITS A COFFIN! A COFFIN! affraid

The room is just stunning int this scene too. Stunning!!! I even think the coffin works as a cocktail table. Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 2271603068

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsJ6BdQuUxo
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 12:14 pm

I love watching that scene knowing that Lestat is rightfully punishing those bitches but more tortured Louis doesn't know it! He sees savage disrespect for Life without having any notion of the justice granted them by their fangs!
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 10:53 pm

I LOVE that scene!!!! The mounting madness of that woman. The way Lestat flips the lid of the coffin....rrrrr and so cruel! Ofcourse we-The People of the Page-know those women were murderers. But that is not the reason for their death. They could be regular prozzies for all, I care.and TVL wasn't out by that time. anne rice might not have decided that the prozzies were murderers untill she started on TVL. The main point was that Lestat wanted Louis to give in to the urge to kill a human. embrace his vampire nature. I felt sorry for them. funny how one sequel and a couple of sentences from Lestat can turn you from"what a horrible wat to die" to; "those bitches deserved it". BULLSHIT.

I was actually disappointed with Lestat when he explained about the murdering whores in TVL. I was like; so that whole monologue about "vampire nature" and "god kills indiscriminately and so shall we" was for what? Not capable of opening up? BULLSHIT. Just own up to it; everybody can be cruell and deadly; who would'nt like it if they had the power? That's not granting judgment; that's taking a shit and saying it smells of roses. I liked it better when I thought he did kill them because he just "likes it".
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 6:10 pm

Claudia has arrived, and she's already at the stage of questioning the why of her existence; this bit happened a lot faster than I remembered; Lestat's 'demise' seems imminent
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 5:25 am

I don't like his demise in either book or film!! So unnecessary!
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 5:47 am

He had it comin'! He had coming all along. If you'd had been there, if you had seen it; How could you tell her that she was wrong?...... Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 2271603068
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 6:25 am

I'll put you in your coffin!
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:34 am

lol both of you!!

And Louis just standing there and watching horrified but not stopping her

Just like when Lestat made Claudia
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:52 am

lol! @ Rodney.
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:53 am

Goodnight sweet prince, may flights of devils wing you to your rest.

~Claudia~
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:06 am

Shall we burn him? bury him? What would he have liked, Louis?

Claudia, the least human of them all...
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:53 pm

Lestat had it coming as Rodney said.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 5:56 pm

drunk, on brandy wine - a thimbleful Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 2271603068
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 4:41 am

Absinthe...?You gave them absinthe...?

And laudanum...it keeps the blood warm.
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 8:37 am

**correcting Rodney**

Absinthe....you gave them absinthe...

Laudanum, it killed them unfortunately, but it keeps the blood warm
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 9:37 am

Ah! That's right!
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 9:55 am

I want some laudanum. You used to could buy it by the gallon if you wanted.
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 3:55 am

Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 1107801438
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 5:56 am

I need to watch it! It has been so long!

I just watched Legends of the Fall which is a great movie I have always loved. I havent watched it in ages!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next