The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary

Go down 
+3
Judge Jane
Denovissimus
Nicky Mayfair
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 3:48 am

who's had absinthe?
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 3:52 am

no one otherwise we'd be dead!
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 7:22 am

Uh...excuse me? I've had absinthe? Probably not the stuff they had in the old days. It was at a "absinthe-party" in a grotty little London-club in Shepard's Bush(very hipster). They celebrated the re-legalization of absinthe. It did make me drunk and on the way back, on the tube, my friend and I started to feel stoned -yet VERY alert. It was brilliant:P
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 8:17 am

that was when I had it but to tell the truth it didn't do much for me
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 2:54 am

oh yeah I forgot about that drink, the green fairy! I've always wanted to try it, I had a generic version of it, complete with the spoon and sugar cube, hated it, I dislike the taste of anise, but if I can get the authentic potent stuff I'd drink it
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 3:15 am

it was Rimbaud's drink of choice!
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 3:51 am

Only selected countries sell the most original. However even back in the days, there were plenty of variations. I drank my first absinthe in Prague with sugar and all and liked it!

Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 4:01 am

'I took your life - he gave you another' - that's where I am
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 4:36 am

'The sleep of sixty-five years has ended.'
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 4:43 am

There is a nation wide ban on spirits in the Czech Republic. No more absinthe for some time.
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 4:58 am

say what? Prague is there right? There go my Prague travel ambitions!
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 5:06 am

"The EU country temporarily banned the sale of spirits in shops and pubs last Friday - a dramatic move in one of the world's heaviest-drinking nations - after 23 people died and others went blind drinking bootleg alcohol laced with methanol.

The restriction was extended to exports on Thursday evening, under pressure from the European Union. Prime Minister Petr Necas said he had heard the bloc was preparing to impose its own ban and decided to make a pre-emptive move.

The government has vowed to get the drinks back on bar and supermarket shelves as early as next week, as soon as it can impose new safety measures, but has given no firm date."
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 5:18 am

OMG I would just die if they did that in Finland. I'd bet all Finns would go mental and travel asap to Estonia to get liquired up. Just in case!
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 6:23 am

I've been to Prague, it was great; I'm sure something exciting happened while we were there but I can't for the life of me recall what it is.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 8:21 am

Claudia has just cut Lestat's throat; it made me laugh the bit beforehand, when she gives him the two boys and he goes, 'Ducky!!' - I laughed out loud!
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:09 am

I just started re-reading Blackwood Farms today!!!
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 5:34 pm

start a thread for it!
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 3:20 am

I'd have to reread it. and I can't find it!!!! grrrrrrr
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 7:36 am

Ducky! Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 3 2271603068
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 8:00 am

Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 3 2271603068

I keep losing stuff. Do you know how many VC's I have lost/misplaced/lended out? And I keep replacing them. I still mourn the loss of my ancient, musty IWTV-copy. I bought it from the library for 10 guilders when I was sixteen. It was manky and the pages were all yellowed.
The only "original" is my Memnoch paper-back. Dog-eared and the back is coming off. Nobody touches that.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 7:29 pm

There is a new version of the Vampire Lestat out here which is very fetching, and which I might buy at some point;

http://images.whitcoulls.co.nz/images/whit/97807515/9780751541960/0/0/plain/the-vampire-lestat.jpg
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 4:51 am

Fetching indeed! I like it!
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 5:02 am

Claudia and Louis about to leave New Orleans and Lestat turns up...with the musician! I forgot him entirely!! did he even have a name?!
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 8:07 am

Louis and Claudia are in Varna now, looking for other vampires - I think this was my least favourite bit, because it wasn't in the film
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 8:11 am

I don't remember him having a name, he was the one Lestat toyed with for ages and Louis thought he was in love with him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next