The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary

Go down 
+3
Judge Jane
Denovissimus
Nicky Mayfair
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Auntie Maine

Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 8:52 am

Don't remember that part. Refresh my memory please.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 8:03 pm

it's when he goes to see Lestat, like in the movie, only Lestat has a new, nameless young vampire with him.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 6:56 am

I just finished it, and I'm glad; I did not enjoy this re-read very much at all. It's a very dark, depressing book, and almost totally different to all of the other Vampire Chronicles. I'm going to lay off them a bit until New Year but then I think I want to see and hear things from Lestat's POV, so I will probably re-read Tale of the Body Thief
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 7:55 am

I wonder how you felt when you first read it? It is depressing but knowing there is another side of the story keeps my interest in it.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 4:13 pm

I did not love it at first read.. its not one of my favourites. I think its the most different of the VCs... the others are much more upbeat and exciting. Its a good book but its also very dark and demanding.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 5:18 am

I remember liking it better the first time I read it, but like you nicky, when I read it a second time I did not like it at all. Tale of the Body Thief is one of my favorite AR re-reads. I have re read it many times
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 6:14 am

IWTV is still up there for me. The story is very dark but there's such a melancholy lusciousness about it. And the text seemed "richer" and "denser" than the subsequent installments. But it's definately not a book, I pick up for a "jolly" read.

We also have to consider the storyteller; Louis is a bit of a moody cow. Lestat's stories are more upbeat because, he IS upbeat! :P

Tale of the bodythief...I've only read it twice. should pick it up again. I did enjoy it a lot.

I think Anne should try her hand at another female lead. I liked Pandora's female perspective and her sense of humor
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 7:01 am

If I have nothing else to read by the time my Lovecraft spell is over then I may re-read Tale of the Body Thief.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 8:17 pm

wait for me, lovah! I'm going to re-read it as well - in fact, we all should try and read it in tandem!
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 2:18 am

let me know when you are ready lovah!
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 3:00 am

I might join you for the heck of it 8)
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 3:11 am

give me a couple of weeks then, to finish the books I'm reading at present
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 4:45 am

works for me! welcome aboard Anne!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6