The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary

Go down 
+3
Judge Jane
Denovissimus
Nicky Mayfair
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 8:12 am

There's that bit with the guy they meet in a pub, Morgan I think his name was. Quite like all that!
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 8:13 am

'Let the flesh instruct the mind' - I thought it was Maharet who said that but apparently it was Claudia
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 10:42 am

Nicky Mayfair wrote:
Louis and Claudia are in Varna now, looking for other vampires - I think this was my least favourite bit, because it wasn't in the film

I love that part of the book cause it wasn't in the movie, its like a mini adventure with Louis and Claudia that only the devoted book reading fans have experienced, but I do like how they glossed over that trip in the movie, with Claudia's beautiful charcoal drawings of each city they visit passing through nocturnally page by page
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 11:50 am

where is Varna? I dont recall...
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:48 pm

Varna (Bulgarian: Варна, pronounced [ˈvarnɐ]) is the largest city and seaside resort on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast and the third-largest city in Bulgaria after Sofia and Plovdiv
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 9:07 am

thanks jesse! Bulgaria is one of those countries that you almost never hear anything about
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 9:07 am

BTW Nicky. I posted pictures of my boyfriend yesterday on facebook! As well as pictures of Pequena, and pictures of Sasha during her last few days here on earth. Next week is the one year anniversary Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 4:18 pm

You named you car???

"my boyfriend and my car Daniel C..."

Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 3814707160

Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 8:09 pm

they've met the mindless vampire in the monastery. I don't care for this bit at all
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 6:51 am

things have progressed to Paris rather rapidly; Claudia has met Madeleline, and Louis has confronted Santiago down the sidestreet and been given the card to the Theatre of the Vampires by Armand, who I refuse to picture as Antonio Banderas
Back to top Go down
Auntie Maine

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 6:59 am

Antonio Banderas is/was too old to play him. Armand was only 15 or 16.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 8:00 am

Totally agree!But Banderas did create his own character. still good...for the movie.

Inneresting..Lilith/Lamia.inspiration for Maharet?...or a legend based on the Legend of the Twins? Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 1107801438 From Wiki:
Lamia had a vicious sexual appetite that matched her cannibalistic appetite for children. She was notorious for being a vampiric spirit and loved sucking men’s blood. Her gift was the "mark of a Sibyl", a gift of second sight. Zeus was said to have given her the gift of sight. However, she was "cursed" to never be able to shut her eyes so that she would forever obsess over her dead children. Taking pity on Lamia, Zeus gave her the ability to remove and replace her eyes from their sockets.

Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 4:31 pm

That Lilith thing has been done to the bones in vampire literature. Even in games! Vampire Masquerade - Bloodlines had a Lilith plot. When she was introduced in True Blood (series, perhaps not in the books?) I was like 'yawn, there goes the originality'. Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 3730632311
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 4:36 pm

But to add.. did you know that before Adam had a woman, he fucked his animals! Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 1792775232
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 7:29 pm

shocked
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 12:52 am

I imagine Adam stuck it in any hole he could find
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 1:53 am

And when he found the squirrels, God was all, 'that's where I draw the line'! Time for a mate.

The ideas about Lilith, Adam and Eve are actually quite interesting. Some people have interpreted that the first human was like a conjoined twin which God ripped in two. Alas we got Eve, literally ripped from Adam. Or that Lilith and Adam were created from dust but Eve was created from Adam's flesh. Hence.. was this his daughter?

Ewww. Cow fucking man turns to his daughter.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 3:57 am

The legend of the Lillitu is all about female spirits who did'nt want to submit. Lillith was created from dust and when she refused to be submissive to Adam, she left Eden and married an archangel;Samael. She then started giving birth to "demons". Adam started fucking animals and then God said: "Here I'll make you a wife from your rib. But, this one can't be trusted either. Women are bad, bad ,bad" and that's why women have such a lovely position in abrahamic religions...

I wonder where Nicky is with his reading.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 4:46 am

Aah, but there is also a passage that explains that God had to make him a partner that was his equal. Animals were not, they were stated as "beneath him". So in some places it is hinted that woman and men are equal, however most of this was removed. Because it was considered a threat. But yeah Lilith saying no to Adam was like the ultimate "burn!"
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 4:51 am

She was like: "Submissive to you?Psssssshhht. Boy; I can make my own way and find me someone worth my time; a muthafucking archangel, baby!"
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 5:04 am

Love the banner of Lestat and Claudia. Despite of what happened, Lestat and Claudia were so much more alike than Louis and Claudia. They would have made a great pair if there wasn't all the "I made you a vampire because of Louis and now you have to be a kid always".

Is it just me or do you also picture Adam looking bit like David with the small dick. Lilith was all... erm, no thank you. I'll rather use a snake or a stick. Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 2271603068

Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 5:57 am

Hmmm...I'm still not okay with Lestat creating Claudia. she barely knows what it is to be human. all she ever knew was being a vampire. Ofcourse Lestat adored her; she asked no questions. untill she grew up. It was bound to come up at some point. She would either leave him, kill herself or, kill him. She chose the latter...well she gave it a good shot. Lestat has always been quite impulsive with his fledglings. remember Nicholas? And Gabrielle shaking her head? Another bad idea. Claudia was a ticking timebomb and Lestat lit the whick.
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 7:00 am

Which is why I don't understand why people love Lestat, he was such a bad vampire, not in badass, as in bad...bad maker and mentor.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 9:11 pm

Taman wrote:
Love the banner of Lestat and Claudia. Despite of what happened, Lestat and Claudia were so much more alike than Louis and Claudia. They would have made a great pair if there wasn't all the "I made you a vampire because of Louis and now you have to be a kid always".

Is it just me or do you also picture Adam looking bit like David with the small dick. Lilith was all... erm, no thank you. I'll rather use a snake or a stick. Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 2271603068

a Lestat and Claudia book would be great; Rice could tell countless new stories during the sixty-five - was it? - years they all lived in New Orleans, with those two as the focus.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 10:08 pm

Quote :
Which is why I don't understand why people love Lestat, he was such a bad vampire, not in badass, as in bad...bad maker and mentor.

Flaws make you interesting. I have always liked him.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary   Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interview with the Vampire ~ an almost daily diary
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next