The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The health & fitness thread

Go down 
+6
Denovissimus
alondrianyx
Taman
Nicky Mayfair
LadyMandingo
Judge Jane
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

The health & fitness thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 7:56 am

Maybe you're grinding your teeth like me! I have to sleep with a mouth guard.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:17 am

no, I know for sure that I do not grind my teeth. I remember when I was a kid a dentist suggested to my parents that I get a surgery where they break my jaw and reset it. I was like FUCK NO! It was only a passive suggestion made once, nothing that my parents took seriously, thank god
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 4:50 am

first day of this week I've been able to make it to the gym, I hate losing days, but damn it felt good to lift them weights
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 8:06 am

I wanted to do abs class today but no time Sad

Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 11:48 am

I havent worked out in a few weeks. I am hoping to get back to it next week after properly resting and healing my body first.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 5:37 pm

Haven't had time to walk much this week. But I am planning to catch up on weekend.
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 5:58 am

Gym today was hard, 10 minutes running with 5 mins walking in between. Did this twice plus 5 mins walk at beginning and end. I've never run for so long in my life, the most I did was 800 metres at school and that was hard.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 4:56 pm

We had to do 1500, boys much longer. I hated it.

Yesterday I finally did walk and today and tomorrow as well. I planned to do about 10 kilometers per week (for the first 2 weeks) but actually last week I did walk for about 15. This week it's probably going to be somewhere between 11-12. I feel I could go longer so I will start doing that next week. When my "soft" period is over, I'd rather do 2 long walks than 3-4 shorter ones. But the point is to walk as fast as I can. I really don't like running but I can pretty much walk as fast as some people jog. I have a long step.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 10:49 pm

I used to love the 800(my personal best 2minutes 7 seconds!). The 1500 was one lap too long, for me(boooring and tiring).I would be fine untill 1100 and then kind of jogged the final lap.

Anne- I'm the same. I might be short but, I have a very long stride. and I walk with a "heavy step"; my foot comes down and then I kinda "push" off the ground to gain momentum for the second stride-which is why I'm a fast walker.NOBODY kan keep up with me once I'm in a hurry:P

I'm more into cycling, these days. There's just something about the sensation of pushing the pedals in high(heavy!) gear and feel that burning sensation in your legs. It's also a great cardio-workout. I cycle to the train every day on my way to work and back again. It's only about 3 kilometers. But, I get there within 5 minutes. There's this long uninterrupted cycle-lane along the riverside I use. It's kinda like a super-intense mini-workout. You pick a pace and then try to hold it for the entire route. It's getting difficult now that autumn has started. Rotterdam is the "windiest city" of the Netherlands and cycling in a headwind during an autumn storm is no fun. But, I feel great once I cross the finishline(my front door):P
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 5:00 am

The health & fitness thread - Page 8 1002320772 Hail fast walkers!

Anyways 13 kilometers this week. Today was struggle, my body was totally stuck somehow. I almost fainted and I just could not walk fast. I probably shouldn't have walked anyways as I was not well this morning but did it anyways. I took a long nap after and then ate an chocolate bar just to award myself for being stupid. But I feel better now. Going to take a 1-2 day break and hopefully my stomach is better by then.
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 5:56 am

Listen to your body! I don't push myself when I'm feeling under the weather.

Had a good day today. I decided to push myself today and try out my new bike in highest gear. My goodness...this bike is a monster! I only managed to maintain 30 km p/h for 1 kilometer. My legs still feel like jelly. Going back to a lower gear tomorrow. But I aim to cycle in highest gear permanently by early December. I destroyed all the gears on my old one. This one is quite a challenge. It's so heavy!
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 2:10 pm

I may be two pounds heavier than last week. Must fix that.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 5:19 am

I haven't still gotten back my walking speeds but I figure that its better to walk slow than do nothing at all. My stomach is still really tricky, haven't drank coffee for over a week. I miss coffee so damn much. Its always the first one to go when.. :evil:
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 6:44 am

I hardly ever drink coffee. It makes me feel really jumpy. For the walkers among us: Do you sometimes go out for a walk, feeling great and just not being able to "hit your stride", eventhough you know and feel, you can go faster?
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 3:45 pm

Yeah, there is this block and for some reason you can't break it!

I can drink coffee and go straight to bed. I do get the cravings and headache when I stop drinking it but it does not affect my sleep or make me jumpy or anything. I really drink it for the taste, I just love it. Finns drink most coffee in the world actually Very Happy
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 4:28 am

They do? But you Finns seem so "chilled out"? Compared to less Nordic Euro's, you guys are the kings of "understated cool"? How do you do that loaded up with caffeine?:P

I think the "block" happens when you subconsciously walk with a different technique or, something.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 8:02 pm

Yep. Maybe its because we start to drink it so young? Usually you just put more milk in the children's cup than coffee. But little by little...

Anyways got my mojo back. Beat my fastest times and almost walked 5 kilometers because I was so giddy about it. It helped to put an upbeat song in the beginning and then after few songs, you have warmed up and walking is what walking does. After the walk I was so red Very Happy Did some kettlebell exercises and headed for the shower. My arms and shoulders are probably in the worst shape. I should focus on them more.

Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 5:46 am

So my bike got stolen. And this week I just about getting used to the high gear! I'm sooo upset. Even moreso because there is no way in hell that I'm gonna get me a similar one any time soon. It was really expensive. fuck. This thing was my baby! Sad Weird that I'm more upset about the fact that, I won't reach my goal this winter. It's also a vanity-thing; cycling the way I do makes my legs bigger. And when I don't work out; I lose muscletone REALLY fast and I go back to my usual "lady-legs":P. Plus; I feel great when I'm in shape. It makes depressy-times more bearable. Well; there's always walking!
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 6:39 am

that sucks rodney! Sad
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 7:11 pm

Yeah indeed that sucks a plenty. Such an expensive bike. The health & fitness thread - Page 8 3730632311

Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 3:02 am

I am 8 days on my candida diet. It actually hasnt been too bad! I have had very little sugar cravings at all. I have been good and havent cheated much except I did have some blue cheese dressing with my wings the other day.

And also I have been feeling a lot less hungry. I dont know what my caloric intake is, but I imagine it has to be less than my normal caloric intake, probably even less than my daily requirement because I am eating mostly vegatables.

the most challenging thing is finding different things to eat. I eat mostly the same things, especially for breakfast it has been hard for me to find things to eat.

I have mostly for breakfast been eating eggs with either avocado or arugala, or I drink a protein shake. So I went on the wholeapproach.com website and got a couple of recipe ideas.

So yesterday I went out and bought more things and made a "flan" that is really eggs mixed with spaghetti squash, coconut oil, and cinnamon. They are pretty good, though doesnt take that much like custard. but they work as a snack or a breakfast.

I also made these zuccini mufffins made from spelt flour, butter, coconut oil, shredded coconut, ground cloves, cinnamon, baking soda. I had them for breakfast this morning. They were ok. They are extremely dense and the flavor was not sweet at all. Couldnt taste the coconut at all. I think the next time I make them, I am going to buy some vanilla flavored liquid stevia and put that in there.

I have noticed a decrease in my candida symptoms already and a few days ago it felt like I had lost a couple of pounds, but today and yesterday I look and feel like I gained those pounds back. So not sure.

I worked out twice last week and will work out later today.
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 5:35 am

I bench pressed 225 today! My most ever! The health & fitness thread - Page 8 1002320772
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 6:27 am

Michele-Will you keep up some of the elements from your diet, once the candida clears up? Some of the stuff sound like pretty good guidelines for a regular healthy eating-lifestyle?

Wooo! Jesse is getting ripped?*must book flight to Chicago*:P

Got me a replacement-bike. It's pretty good but, I'm already pedalling in it's highest gear. Easily.It's pretty heavy,too. My super-duper-kidnapped-bike was light as a feather and did'nt have as much drag.I'll prolly won't go any faster than 33/34 kmph at my fastest. Still good for the legs. I'm in better shape than I thought.

I did lose a lot of weight, tho. Not good. But things have been stressy, lately. Haven't been eating right. I'm prolly at my lightest but, in peak "cycling"-condition. or, very near to it.
Back to top Go down
Sheila O

Sheila O

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 9:34 am

I'm at the gym now. I WILL have abs of steel again! I will, I will, I will!!
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 3:51 am

So I got off the tube , got my bike, jumped on and...POP! Out went my knee. It was excruciating(sp?)! I got off and sort of wriggled my kneecap around and it popped back into place. locked my bike and took the tram, home. This sucks major ass. I won't be able to cycle for a while. And I can't walk fast or, run.

I tore my ACL when I was a kid and evnthough, it sort of "healed" my right-knee has always been a bit weak. doesn't hurt or, anything. But today...OUCH! I only blew my knee out, once. But i don't remember it to be this painful! Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The health & fitness thread
Page 8 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next