The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Random Questions Returns III

Go down 
+6
alondrianyx
LadyMandingo
sassycatj
darkeyes80
Taman
Judge Jane
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
sassycatj

sassycatj

Random Questions Returns III - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 3:18 pm

still wrong but it does seem easier for a woman pedophile. Like Mary Kay La turn you out. lol

Have you ever ratted out or snitched out a co worker for doing dumb crap?
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 6:23 am

Nope, cause I wouldn't want them to rat or snitch me out for something dumb!

Hell a small group of us cover up our own office scams anyway, lol
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 5:12 pm

Nope. Tends to backfire.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 4:11 am

if you overheard a violent fight from a neighbors house or apartment where either the husband was abusing the wife or a parent abusing a child, would you intervene in some way? Either by confronting them or calling the cops or child services?
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 5:59 am

That's a good question.. In Finland we are very much about "respecting people's privacy' and it can go to extremes. And especially if the couple is drunk, you kind of just over look it. But if I knew there were kids and it sounded like serious business, I would call the cops. I probably would not ring the bell because I know that sometimes when people go to stop fights etc, they get the blame.
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 8:53 am

If it sounded really bad I'd call the Police. 2 women a week die in this country at the hands of their partner so I'd have to do something in case anything bad did happen then or in the future.
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 1:06 pm

I'd call the cops but if it sounded really really seriously I'd call the cops and then knock on the door telling them that I called the cops so it could stop before something serious happened!
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 5:07 pm

When I lived in Mikkeli, I had fighting neighbours but they were brothers. So I really did not care. Sometimes it sounded like they were this close on killing each other but whatever... then at least the fighting would have stopped. They got the note to leave before that happened. And I got to sign it. Random Questions Returns III - Page 7 3753849508
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 6:56 am

I ask because last week there was an incident with my neighbors below me. A 40 something woman and her boyfriend or husband (not sure which, all I know is that he is not the father of her child) she has a 13 or 14 year old daughter who doesnt seem to be there much so I dont think she has custody of this child.

Anyway, about a week ago there was stomping and doors slamming. I turned my tv off to hear what was going on and through my floor I could hear the couple fighting. He was not abusing her, he was yelling at her for choking and punching her daughter and he was intervening. She was screaming that her daughter deserved it because she is a "selfish bitch" and was cursing up a storm at her daughter. the daughter was screaming back and crying. The mother was crying non stop. Then she went outside and her boyfriend went out to talk to her to try to calm her down. The things she was saying and the way she was saying it sounded like she was most likely intoxicated or on something.

Initially I was going to call the cops, then decided not to since the boyfriend was there and he seemed to be handling the situation. I still thought about calling childrens services, though.

I remember one day hearing her outside crying to our other neighbor about a month ago, something about childrens services came out and she was saying " I am not a bad mother...." that kind of thing, I think someone (maybe the single older woman who lives in the apartment next to her?) had called on her and reported some kind of abuse.

So I think she already has a case open with them, but either way I prob should have called them, but I chickened out and decided not to this time but if I hear her abusing her daughter again that I would def call them.

The problem in this situation is that if I did call the police or childrens services, she could prob figure out who called. There are only 4 apartments in each building and so there are only 3 possible options. From what I have seen and heard from this woman on this and other occasions, she sounds like she is extremely unstable and hot tempered. Who knows, she could come after me and put me in danger. Part of me feels like I am selfish to even only think about what could happen to me if I cause trouble with this woman, but on the other hand I have to look out for myself and my own safety.

I hate these situations, you dont want the child to be put in harm but you dont want to potentially cause yourself big or potentially dangerous problem with an unstable neighbor, either
Back to top Go down
sassycatj

sassycatj

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 4:07 am

if its a kid..report that shit! no kid deserves that.

Im glad we are good with our next to us neighbors. they are normal. lol. an old couple on one side. a couple around our age on the other side. we send them cookies every xmas.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 7:27 pm

If it happens again, you kind of have to. Maybe they believe it now when its the second time, right?
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 2:47 am

yea I def will the next time I hear her abusing her daughter
Back to top Go down
sassycatj

sassycatj

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 1:23 am

is anyone sad that Twinkies and Hostess are going away?

I think Ill buy me a few boxes. too bad they don t have the strawberry filled twinkies like in the 80s. those were my fave
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 4:50 am

Hostess has poisoned and fattened american enough! be gone with them!

actually they will sell their recipes and namebrand, rest assured them poison pastries will not be going away

just feel bad for the workers losing their job over vulture corporate greed!
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 9:02 am

sassycatj wrote:
is anyone sad that Twinkies and Hostess are going away?

I think Ill buy me a few boxes. too bad they don t have the strawberry filled twinkies like in the 80s. those were my fave

Its about time they go out of business! The more junk food companies that go out of business, the better for the people of this country so we can decrease diabetes and cancer! Stop eating your twinkies and eat fruit instead while drinking water and going for a 3 mile walk!
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 9:05 am

TastyCakes, which is a philadelphia company (their cakes and such are WAYYYYY better than hostess) almost went out of business a few years ago. I love tastycakes, though I hardly ever eat them anymore because of the sugar. But when news got out that they were going under, there was an upsurge in sales to save them, though I still think they are struggling. Despite how unhealthy they are, I just cannot IMAGINE a world without tastycakes. Especially as long as I live in the philadelphia area.

I used to ship tastycakes to a woman I was friends with online who was from philly but moved to georgia. You cant find tastycakes past maryland state lines. They only ship them in the region.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 9:06 am

I could go for some tastycakes right now, but I cant and I wont!

They taste best cold. When I used to buy them, I always kept the box in the fridge
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 9:06 am

Dan are there tastycakes in Maine? I doubt that there are but I am just curious
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 6:58 am

Never had any of those so won't miss 'em.
Back to top Go down
sassycatj

sassycatj

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 12:25 pm

after todays school shooting, if you were a teacher or staff member at a school would you risk your life to save the children?

To be honest I think I would be paralyzed by fear and hide.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 7:19 pm

I don't know how I would handle myself. Of course I would like to think that I would be brave ( I tend to keep a cool head) but you really don't know until...
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 6:42 am

I would want to be able to pack heat on myself if I worked in a school so I could blow the head off the guy first from a hiding place before he got to shoot me or my kids or others!
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 4:25 am

I would want those gunlaws revised to a point where nobody is going to blow anyone's head off
Random Questions Returns III - Page 7 3730632311
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 4:36 am

Question of the Day:

why is it the right acceptable and humane thing to do to euthanize an animal who is sick and suffering, but this practice is not acceptable and in fact is considered murder for people?

What are your thoughts on this? Should euthanasia be an acceptable, moral, and legal option for people with poor quality of life who are suffering while waiting to die?
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 4:38 am

darkeyes80 wrote:
I would want those gunlaws revised to a point where nobody is going to blow anyone's head off
Random Questions Returns III - Page 7 3730632311

sounds well and good Rodney, but the sick people of the world like this guy who did this will always find a way to get a gun or a bomb or whatever they want to get to kill or mass kill people, but putting even more severe restrictions will only keep us moral, sane and law abiding citizens who would not illegally obtain weapons or even know how to do so, keep us from having guns to defend ourselves or others in these kind of situations
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Questions Returns III   Random Questions Returns III - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Questions Returns III
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Garden District :: 1239 First Street :: The double parlour-
Jump to: