The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The health & fitness thread

Go down 
+6
Denovissimus
alondrianyx
Taman
Nicky Mayfair
LadyMandingo
Judge Jane
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

The health & fitness thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 2:28 am

Excercise is on hold because I don't want to strain my foot, hopefully can return to it in about a week. I do feel guilty about it but meh...

I still last 1/4 of a pound last week, sespite 2 days less excercise and eating chocolate!
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:27 am

I walked 20 laps around the parking lot at work today, since I havent had a chance to do my kettle bell workout since early last week
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 4:52 pm

Last day of detox. Can't say I have felt any change but at least I have learned to drink water. That's a good thing.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 7:12 am

how long did you cleanse? what did you do for your detox?

if you had any heaches, body aches, rashes, any kind of flu like symptoms while doing it that is called a "healing crisis" and is a sign that your body was getting rid of the toxins.

But if you have cleansed before, then you may not get healing crisis symptoms. I usually dont anymore when I cleanse, because I cleanse so often that when I do cleanse, I probably dont have much toxins in me to get out
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 3:26 pm

It was a 7 day express detox (small bottle mixed to a water every morning). And then water, water, water. I did not really change much of the diet. I reckon I already eat healthy.

I can't say I felt any change but then again, we Finns do the sauna thing. We sweat the scum out, or we call it "kuona". And also of course there is the fact that because I have colitis, I have to do the total cleanse up now and then. I do know the light feeling after that but thats a combo of not eating and colon being shit free.

Anyways, like you guys, I put excercise back into the basket. Yesterday I went for a walk, which in my case means speed walking so you get a decent sweat. It was terribly windy though so not a very pleasant experience. With all the sand still on the streets.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 3:39 pm

Did a walk yesterday and another windy day and mp3 player run out of battery but I will continue damn it. The health & fitness thread - Page 2 717681288
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 7:30 am

Over half way through 30 day detox. Toilet activity is slowing because I only have one lot of detox tabs a day for last half, rather than 2 lots. Lost a pound last week with no excercise so detox must be working.

Feeling smug cos I excercised today! Back in the game!
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 2:23 pm

the weather is sooooooooooooo nice here the past few days and did a 2 hour walk yesterday with my friend carly and her dog. We nearly killed the dog from dehydration we walked a little too long with her, poor thing!

Then today I walked again while at work since it was another slow day.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:16 am

been doing a lot of walking this week. Walked for about 2 hours on tuesday! I lost 3 pounds this week! I think I am going to do the kettle bell today, though.
Back to top Go down
alondrianyx

alondrianyx

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 3:09 am

oops, cos craig worked so much over the weekend all i wanted to do was spend time with him so i didn't go out like i planned to, and the weather was gross
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 7:54 am

Detox finished now - it had a rubbish end since I got ill!

Had another week off excercising cos I didn't want to agravate my illness but started again today. I am definitely still feeling benefits of working out, my stamina is still better than it was before I started. Thinking of starting jogging! May try and do 10 minutes on the spot running in my living room tomorrow, see if I can do it.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 1:32 am

I have been majorly slacking on any kind of exercising the past two weeks! I havent done my kettle bell in like 3 weeks now. I have been walking, but only 1-2 times per week.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 2:49 am

Just came from a walk myself. Did some serious exercising last weekend and I am trying to continue it.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 3:12 am

Saturday I did well! I did my kettle bell workout for the first time in at least a month, and then afterwards I went walking. I walked about 2 miles.

Yesterday my legs were too sore to workout again. Today I will go walking again. I dont have time before going over my sisters house to do both again.
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 4:28 am

Worked out Saturday, sore yesterday so instead i watched my sister finish a half marathon in 2 hours 5 mins!

Today gardening and yoga in a bit
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:18 pm

what is a low carb diet, and is it good for losing weight?
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 2:07 am

a low carb diet is when you eat almost strictly meat and vegtables. Very litte to no pasta, bread, fruit, or refined sugar of any kind.

It does help you lose weight, but it is not healthy for you in the long term. Your body needs carbohydrates. To deny your body of carbs for months on end can cause major problems with your organ systems.

to me I think the most healthy diet is to get lots of fruits, veggies, and grains in your diet, limit dairy intake (but some dairy is fine) and cut back on meat, but dont cut out meat from your diet. and eat all of that organic as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 3:19 am

"Low-carbohydrate diets or low-carb diets are dietary programs that restrict carbohydrate consumption usually for weight control or for the treatment of obesity. Foods high in digestible carbohydrates (e.g. bread, pasta) are limited or replaced with foods containing a higher percentage of proteins and fats (e.g. meat, poultry, fish, shellfish, eggs, cheese, nuts, seeds and peanuts) and other foods low in carbohydrates (e.g. most salad vegetables), although other vegetables and fruits (especially berries) are often allowed. The amount of carbohydrate allowed varies with different low-carbohydrate diets."

So there are different levels. You lose most weight with the most strict diet but most people can never live like that (you need to count calories and carbs and eat vitamins and so forth) and if you start eating carbs again, the weight will come back.

Diet is a bad word in many ways, you need to change your diet for life, not just for few months. I am a "good-carber" myself which means that I have cut down white flours (well all flours basically), pastas and such, breads, potatoes and candies/junk. Its always real stuff though. If you want to sometimes drink a soda, do the regular one and forget the light because that is just poison. Cream, butter, meat and plenty of veggies.

I do eat yoghurt and granola in the morning and fruit is okay too though you need to watch it because some fruits have loads of sugar, like say banana. Apples are better. But you know 1 or 2 is okay per day. If you go strict, you need to count though what "treat" you give yourself. For example if you drink a glass of milk and then eat an apple, that's about 20 (carbs) and that's the level that is considered as "the low". 20 or under, you lose most weight but its also most pain in the ass and they usually do that in the beginning to achieve ketosis. After that they maintain a level of 30-50 which is already more doable but is still very much "carbing". I know there are people that try to do 0% but that's almost impossible and quite foolish too.
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 3:22 am

Oh and for me its very much about balance. For example if I go out drinking with my friends, I eat and drink with them and do not count. Because what is life without little "go crazy" now and then. It also helps you to keep it fun. I do know people who can never just eat carbs for one night and stop... for them its a life sentence I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 3:55 am

might go on a low-carb diet just for the summer months, when more flesh is on show...
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 12:16 am

Good luck with that! And a tip, if you do it, you should plan few days menus before hand. Its much easier that way! It takes little bit getting used to and it helps if you have low-carb food in the fridge.
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 9:14 am

If the weight bar of the bench press at my gym is truly 45 pounds as most bars are, I'm currently bench pressing 205 pounds! The health & fitness thread - Page 2 1002320772

That's 30-35 pounds more than I weigh! The health & fitness thread - Page 2 949469974
Back to top Go down
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:01 pm

205?
OMG, you could pick me up like a feather!and throw me on the bed and then...

Who else thinks Jesse got 20 times sexier now that, you know what he can press?
We need a lascivious smiley...
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:22 pm

That's awesome Jesse!

I for my part have been slacking off and it shows. I am going to try and pull myself out of this "whatever, nothing matters waa waa" mood, but its not going to be easy.
Back to top Go down
Denovissimus

Denovissimus

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 9:42 am

I would break you Rodney The health & fitness thread - Page 2 3175334217
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The health & fitness thread
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next