The Garden District
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anne Rice discussion and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The health & fitness thread

Go down 
+6
Denovissimus
alondrianyx
Taman
Nicky Mayfair
LadyMandingo
Judge Jane
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
darkeyes80

darkeyes80

The health & fitness thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 9:52 am

Oh. i bet you would....I bet you would....
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 4:00 pm

I have been stuck at 160 for several months now. I gained about 10 pounds last year, somehow, and though I eat pretty decently ( although I dont stick to working out) I cant even get like 3 pounds to budge.

I thought not working at Chilis anymore and eating the food there would have easily dropped like 5 pounds off of me without even trying, but alas it has not.

and I am down to only drinking calorie laden drinks like twice a month, if that.

I am sure my metabolism has slowed down now that I am in my mid thirties (gasp!) I need to rev it back up again, along with getting on a regular exercise regimen

I am thinking about trying the master cleanse after I move to help jumpstart me with some initial pound shedding, then after I am done the fast I should be eating even healthier (cause the cleanse should curb my cravings for crap) and start working out regularly after the cleanse.

Im thinking maybe do the master cleanse for 5-8 days. You dont eat anything. All you consume is water with fresh lemon or lime juice, cayenne pepper, and organic maple syrup (or molassus)
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 8:18 am

Isn't that was messes up metabolism, not eating will make your body panic and when you do start eatingagain it stores more fat than it would have. Or something like that!!
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 1:38 pm

Judge Jane wrote:
Isn't that was messes up metabolism, not eating will make your body panic and when you do start eatingagain it stores more fat than it would have. Or something like that!!

yes but cayenne pepper you take during it cause it increases your metabolism. The lemon is for cleansing, and the maple syrup is so your body is getting sugar to run on as fuel while you are not eating
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 3:36 am

I am back to business. Very strict 2 weeks of low carbing to get my digestion working again and exercise. Then I will check where I am at... I should lose few pounds but if not then I know my body is stuck. I guess I am having the same probs than Michele. I am also still thinking that it might be the e-pills because I did back few pounds when I started those and haven't been able to lose them.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:12 am

I might go on the Atkins Diet for a few weeks; I remember when I did it years ago, when it first became a big fad, and the weight just dropped off, it was so fast
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:53 am

the atkins diet is like a death sentence to me. Though I have cut back on some of my sugar intake, to cut back on it to that extreme will be severaly harsh to me. I have been thinking about doing the candida diet (which is somewhat similar to the atkins) to completely rid myself of yeast and sugar cravings. But I just dont know if I will have the will power for it. I will think about it again after I move.

and it also doesnt help that I am now dating someone who is an excellent cook and makes the best sauteed food in the world! How can I resist????? *faints*
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 2:53 am

The first week is hard but then it gets easy and you lose your gravings. However, if you easily fall for carbs, then it gets tricky. I can for example eat carbs (if I go out with friends etc) and then stop eating them where as I know many can't.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 3:06 am

yea I think not eating them when you are at family parties or out to eat or with friends etc is the trickiest part. It is not too hard to simply not buy it when you go food shopping and therefore not eat it when you are at home.

Everywhere else is the downfall. Especially when you work at an italian restaurant where everything is sauteed with bread, pasta, and lots of cheese!

Cheese is my biggest weakness!
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 4:49 am

Well that Italian restaurant thing would be the end of me too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sassycatj

sassycatj

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 4:54 am

mmmm pasta. what does your man cook Michele?

My aunt is dating a school chef and he cooks awesome food. He has giving me cooking lessons a few times and recipes. If he was my bf I would be a million pounds. lol

My aunt has gained a few being with him.

Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 5:05 am

the restaurant we work at is italian and french cuisine. so all the good sauteed stuff. Muy bueno!

He is Mexican, and his english is only so-so. So he is going to teach me to cook and I am going to teach him more english.
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 7:34 am

what is the Atkins Diet again anyway, I've forgotten!
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 7:56 am

omg Nicky!!!! Look it up! lol
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 7:58 am

I've tried but they're all long-winded explanations; I want a brief list of what I can eat and what I can't
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 8:01 am

basically you cant eat anything with glocuse, fructose, or lactose. any kind of carb or sugar
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 8:02 am

I only know what sugar is; what are the other things
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 8:04 am

anything that is dairy, fruit, a grain, bread, pasta, these are all carbs
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 8:07 am

what can I gorge myself on then? isn't that the point of the Atkins, that you can gorge on all the other stuff?
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 8:16 am

you can gorge on meat, eggs, and vegatables! have fun gorging! lol
Back to top Go down
Nicky Mayfair

Nicky Mayfair

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 8:19 am

isn't it bad for you, long term? it's the bad breath I really recall...
Back to top Go down
Judge Jane
Admin
Judge Jane

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 8:34 am

Long term you should be having a much more balanced diet.

Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 11:15 am

yes, atkins is bad for you long term. your body does need some carbs and sugar
Back to top Go down
Taman

Taman

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 3:37 pm

Only if you exercise a lot, do you really need carbs so you won't run out of evergy! However vitamins are another matter, start rough Nicky but then start adding fruits and berries. Fiber is very important too.
Back to top Go down
LadyMandingo

LadyMandingo

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 11:22 pm

yes, you def need fiber. Which you will get some from the veggies, but there is no fiber in meat and eggs. You should be consuming a minimum of 25 grams of fiber per day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The health & fitness thread   The health & fitness thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The health & fitness thread
Page 3 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next